Nico Izzi ?? (Update: Nico Returns to Racing in 2022)

mxb2
8/4/2022 5:58am
the one thing ive noticed about alot of dudes like izzi is that they have a network of enablers

baby mommas, "friends", sometimes family

Roczoff wrote:
Ah, you mean people who try to help them, because they care. That's horrible. People don't magically get straight because you turn your back on them...
Ah, you mean people who try to help them, because they care.

That's horrible.

People don't magically get straight because you turn your back on them. That generally makes things even worse.

Yes. I fully understand that your world view has punishment righting all wrongs, and that if Izzy only had it bad enough, he'd find a path to righteousness. Guess what? That path wasn't in his upbringing. It's not in his quiver.
TalinH112 wrote:
You missed the boat on this one Roczoff, he means he has a bunch of yes men and women around him who perpetuate the toxic mindset...
You missed the boat on this one Roczoff, he means he has a bunch of yes men and women around him who perpetuate the toxic mindset that Izzy is the shit. That’s how he got here in the first place.
Bingo,. So does izzi have a job or not?
245MX
Fantasy
782nd
8/4/2022 6:00am
Its also insane to think that if Nico would have just spent his $1mm net worth in 2009 or whatever on a few stocks or other...
Its also insane to think that if Nico would have just spent his $1mm net worth in 2009 or whatever on a few stocks or other investment he would be one of the richest mx racers of all time by now. Instead he bought a Escalade with rims, a bmw. And some other random car I can’t remember. The rest of his money went to his house in CA which was his only legitimate investment. He’s got to be kicking himself now for selling that house for drug money or whatever
Bruce372 wrote:
Or he could have bought bit coin like all the kids of that age group right now and he'd have enough left for just a big...
Or he could have bought bit coin like all the kids of that age group right now and he'd have enough left for just a big Mac and no fries.
What? Unsure

If anyone spent just $10 on bitcoin back in 2009 they'd be a multi millionaire by now.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
8/4/2022 6:12am
lostboy819 wrote:
Drugs are not a disease.
J. Sloan wrote:
You're correct, addiction is.
I’m one of the few that actually like most of your post, mostly because you’ve been around for so long and I’m used to it, but I strongly disagree here.

You can’t go to the dr and pick up a prescription of cancer.
8/4/2022 10:12am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2022 10:19am
I enjoyed the interview but you guys bring up good points on the depth of his remorse. Serious question, if motocross crashes have led to pills...
I enjoyed the interview but you guys bring up good points on the depth of his remorse. Serious question, if motocross crashes have led to pills that led to harder drugs that destroyed your life and others multiple times, is it smart to immediately jump on a bike where the risk of another injury and another need for pain pills is off the charts?
Or is it just “deal with that when it happens”?
I have to agree with this. Seems like top priority would be getting a job/ learning a trade and living near his daughter to make the most of lost time before she is an adult.

I got the vibe from that interview that he thinks he might return to pro racing. He is 32 yrs old. The odds are definitely stacked EXTREMELY HIGH against that happening. I would love to see him racing in 2023 though if someone gives him a ride.

The Shop

TalinH112
8/4/2022 10:23am
the one thing ive noticed about alot of dudes like izzi is that they have a network of enablers

baby mommas, "friends", sometimes family

Roczoff wrote:
Ah, you mean people who try to help them, because they care. That's horrible. People don't magically get straight because you turn your back on them...

That's horrible.

People don't magically get straight because you turn your back on them. That generally makes things even worse.

Yes. I fully understand that your world view has punishment righting all wrongs, and that if Izzy only had it bad enough, he'd find a path to righteousness. Guess what? That path wasn't in his upbringing. It's not in his quiver.
TalinH112 wrote:
You missed the boat on this one Roczoff, he means he has a bunch of yes men and women around him who perpetuate the toxic mindset...
You missed the boat on this one Roczoff, he means he has a bunch of yes men and women around him who perpetuate the toxic mindset that Izzy is the shit. That’s how he got here in the first place.
Ahhh shit Roczoff, no wonder you didn’t understand you’re A GRIZ FAN! 😂😂 #GOCATS
8/4/2022 10:34am
Roczoff wrote:

That's horrible.

that went over your head
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
8/4/2022 11:36am
TalinH112 wrote:
Every up and coming pro racer has this. Its total bullshit and makes the rest of their life hard when they dont make it in the sport.

-I personally dont think there should be any semi pro / backhanded payment amateur athletes ever - all back handed payments should be stomped out.

It makes the kids think their shit doesn't stink and they have potential (that they probably dont have)
TalinH112
8/4/2022 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2022 12:01pm
TalinH112 wrote:
motokiwi wrote:
Every up and coming pro racer has this. Its total bullshit and makes the rest of their life hard when they dont make it in the...
Every up and coming pro racer has this. Its total bullshit and makes the rest of their life hard when they dont make it in the sport.

-I personally dont think there should be any semi pro / backhanded payment amateur athletes ever - all back handed payments should be stomped out.

It makes the kids think their shit doesn't stink and they have potential (that they probably dont have)
Confidence is very important in motocross, but arrogance will get you nowhere. Just because you’re good a riding a dirt bike (a skill that I will argue is completely useless in 90% of the worlds view) doesn’t mean you are better then anyone. Life beyond motocross is something they should be teaching these kids, cause at some point they will need to know how to make a living. I would say less then 2% of professionals in our sport will be able to continue to make a living off of their current career.
jbrow125
8/4/2022 1:24pm
I agree with the notion that the big amateur contracts shouldn't exist. Spread it out. Stop giving everything to a select few. Seems to have gotten better lately, no? How many actually produce? Ahh, different topic. Moving on.

One thing I did find funny was how SMILEY Don was to be around Izzy. How he was proud to be bros with JLaw. I'm all for second chances, but I'm sidestepping the dudes I know like that anytime I can. I would not be pumped, nor say so, that my buddy who beat the shit out of his girl, was out of prison finally.

I grew up with a guy nearly just like Izzy. He bounced in and out of jail. No, didn't have any big $ moto deals nor even a bike. I found him passed out in the front lawn at a party probably 20 years ago. I woke him up and took him home with me. I knew his older bro and sisters. I did not sleep a wink that night that he was there. Knew him well enough, trusted him zero. He died this year from a stroke at about 45 yrs old. I liked him. Did not trust him, and no, not a good person. But damn he was a likeable guy.
FIREfish148
8/4/2022 2:04pm
One kid I would be really interested to see make a come back is Austin Stroupe. Not sure if he’s racing now a days but he was incredibly talented.
S.Loyer
8/4/2022 2:22pm
One kid I would be really interested to see make a come back is Austin Stroupe. Not sure if he’s racing now a days but he...
One kid I would be really interested to see make a come back is Austin Stroupe. Not sure if he’s racing now a days but he was incredibly talented.
He's a trainer at a facility with Patterson i believe
PabstBR11
8/4/2022 2:39pm
One kid I would be really interested to see make a come back is Austin Stroupe. Not sure if he’s racing now a days but he...
I was about to ask the same, We know what J Law and Izzi are up to but Stroupe is rarely if ever mentioned.
Polski934
8/4/2022 4:58pm
cable wrote:
"my dad was gnarly". thats an understatement. italian concrete/construction guy..in the detroit area.. read into that how you want.
I worked a summer for him building manholes, it was ridiculous. After a while he would let me off work to take Nico riding. I believe he is down south now though. Surprised he got as far as he did with the way he screamed at him.
Airick
Fantasy
3424th
8/4/2022 7:12pm
Seems fucked no matter how you slice it. Bright side is a cautionary tale for those coming up, and a light at the end of tunnel for those looking for positive end, for now.
cable
8/4/2022 7:28pm
cable wrote:
"my dad was gnarly". thats an understatement. italian concrete/construction guy..in the detroit area.. read into that how you want.
Polski934 wrote:
I worked a summer for him building manholes, it was ridiculous. After a while he would let me off work to take Nico riding. I believe...
I worked a summer for him building manholes, it was ridiculous. After a while he would let me off work to take Nico riding. I believe he is down south now though. Surprised he got as far as he did with the way he screamed at him.
at 6-7 yrs old.. making him jump rough rutty doubles on the cobra that were made for big bikes
8/4/2022 7:52pm
Roczoff wrote:

That's horrible.

No one gets magically straight, no matter what. But it definitely doesn't help when friends and family co-sign their bullshit. It usually takes everyone turning their back on them to hit rock bottom and change. And I speak from experience
jeffro503
8/4/2022 9:33pm
I see a thread like this , about a certain rider that has gone through some serious bullshit , but also took it out on family and friends who did nothing but try and help that person. I not only have had this happen once in my life time , but three times. The only difference is Nico is still alive. The three people I knew....aren't.

Comes a time when a man needs to take responsibility for his actions , as everyone else on this planet are not considered to be your babysitter. I spilled my guts on here over 10 years ago when I lost one of my closet friends , which went down the same path as Nico , but couldn't stop. I still to this day feel guilty , as I didn't do enough , when I tried for years. I hope to God Nico finds his meaning in life , and if he does , it will be a rare thing , because most do not!

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Non-Moto,21/Losing-a-friend-to-drugs,121…
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
8/5/2022 12:38pm
ML512 wrote:
I personally know the ex-husband of that lady...took him in, gave him bikes to ride, paying his way...and Izzi banged his wife, broke up the family...
I personally know the ex-husband of that lady...took him in, gave him bikes to ride, paying his way...and Izzi banged his wife, broke up the family and more...

On the bright side, the guy got re-married and seems to have moved onto a much better life.
Guys like Izzi will go around burning everything down around them - until they die a premature death.

What a f*cking asshole move. I hope he gets punched in the face wherever he goes.

8/5/2022 4:08pm
ML512 wrote:
I personally know the ex-husband of that lady...took him in, gave him bikes to ride, paying his way...and Izzi banged his wife, broke up the family...
I personally know the ex-husband of that lady...took him in, gave him bikes to ride, paying his way...and Izzi banged his wife, broke up the family and more...

On the bright side, the guy got re-married and seems to have moved onto a much better life.
I know him as well and he’s a phenomenal dude.
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
8/5/2022 4:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 4:13pm
Roczoff wrote:

That's horrible.

No one gets magically straight, no matter what. But it definitely doesn't help when friends and family co-sign their bullshit. It usually takes everyone turning their...
No one gets magically straight, no matter what. But it definitely doesn't help when friends and family co-sign their bullshit. It usually takes everyone turning their back on them to hit rock bottom and change. And I speak from experience
It's complicated, and individual. Hitting rock bottom isn't always what does it, nor everyone abandoning the addict until they get sober. That usually makes things worse, and reinforces their belief that they're worthless.
Nor does making life comfortable while they detox, for the 27th time.
An addict gets sober when they decide to get sober, for whatever reason that may be.
You can help, and just letting them know you value them is helpful in itself, but there isn't an amount you can do for someone that changes the fact that they'll get sober when they're good and ready, and won't permanently until they are.

And yes, it can happen suddenly.

Unfortunately, I know this from people extremely close to me.

I'm doing all I can, but I know that I can lose them. I don't control that.

Drugs Suck!!!!
Sandusky26
8/6/2022 12:12am
cable wrote:
Polski934 wrote:
I worked a summer for him building manholes, it was ridiculous. After a while he would let me off work to take Nico riding. I believe...
cable wrote:
at 6-7 yrs old.. making him jump rough rutty doubles on the cobra that were made for big bikes
He should have handed his son a trowel and taught him how to make a living.
TalinH112
8/6/2022 7:05am
Access to painkillers is what made this all happen, brought to you by big pharma. Sounds like you might be on their payroll.
davistld01
8/6/2022 9:50am
"If you ever had a coffee or glass of wine then you've had a drug problem too"?

Absolutely the dumbest sentence in this whole thread.
8/6/2022 10:46am
Roczoff wrote:

That's horrible.

No one gets magically straight, no matter what. But it definitely doesn't help when friends and family co-sign their bullshit. It usually takes everyone turning their...
Radical wrote:
It's complicated, and individual. Hitting rock bottom isn't always what does it, nor everyone abandoning the addict until they get sober. That usually makes things worse...
It's complicated, and individual. Hitting rock bottom isn't always what does it, nor everyone abandoning the addict until they get sober. That usually makes things worse, and reinforces their belief that they're worthless.
Nor does making life comfortable while they detox, for the 27th time.
An addict gets sober when they decide to get sober, for whatever reason that may be.
You can help, and just letting them know you value them is helpful in itself, but there isn't an amount you can do for someone that changes the fact that they'll get sober when they're good and ready, and won't permanently until they are.

And yes, it can happen suddenly.

Unfortunately, I know this from people extremely close to me.

I'm doing all I can, but I know that I can lose them. I don't control that.

Drugs Suck!!!!
Yes sir, they do. Best wishes man
plowboy
8/6/2022 11:00am
davistld01 wrote:
"If you ever had a coffee or glass of wine then you've had a drug problem too"?

Absolutely the dumbest sentence in this whole thread.
It may sound silly, the way he stated it, but if you woke up tomorrow and were told you could NEVER EVER have another cup of joe or any alcoholic drink...would you say, "No problem"?

I'm not saying that illegal drugs are the same as caffeine or even the sensible use of alcohol...but if you're like me...I definitely have a caffeine and booze addiction. If you can imagine what life without coffee and booze would be like...then try to imagine what coming off exponentially more addicting drugs might be like.

I ain't excusing Nico's behaviour....but he went to jail and paid for his crime. He's got a clean slate...fresh start. It's on him now.

After everything I just said, I would expect him to be behind bars by this time next year....probably sooner. Sad to say but I just don't think he's learned what he should have. Blush
Reidmoto
Fantasy
4149th
8/6/2022 5:31pm
ML512 wrote:

Shea Bentley also ran off with a guys wife who was paying him to train their kids. Not to mention all of his drug problems.
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
8/6/2022 5:54pm
ML512 wrote:

Reidmoto wrote:
Shea Bentley also ran off with a guys wife who was paying him to train their kids. Not to mention all of his drug problems.
Did he beat her up and put her in the hospital though?
Reidmoto
Fantasy
4149th
8/6/2022 9:44pm
ML512 wrote:

Reidmoto wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
Did he beat her up and put her in the hospital though?
So if he didn’t it makes it okay?!?
Bow977
Fantasy
146th
8/6/2022 10:03pm
Laughing at the people who blame him for sleeping with the wife, she had a choice to make also.

Post a reply to: Nico Izzi ?? (Update: Nico Returns to Racing in 2022)

The Latest