Nico Izzi ?? (Update: Nico Returns to Racing in 2022)

mb60
Edited Date/Time 10/24/2022 5:34pm
Anybody know why he has missed the last couple of rounds ?
|
mxb2
7/2/2017 4:49pm
He posted, stating no funds for the outdoors. Doing a few schools for $$
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
7/2/2017 5:02pm
Something about trying to be back for the last few on a 450 I read.

The Shop

rmoto003
7/2/2017 6:07pm
Needs to sell a few more jerseys
cityjack
7/2/2017 6:26pm
Man I hope he can get some funds together. Wish the man nothing but the best.

I spoke with him early Saturday morning at High Point as I found him sitting in the stands alone with his mechanic. He took the time to chat and take a pic. He didn't have to do that as he was obviously getting his head straight for the day to come and just taking it all in I'm sure.

I did stand by the fence for a while in the stair section going down after the start, the man still has it without a doubt. A little more funds and a little more training and time on the bike, I have no doubt he can be somewhere inside the top fifteen or around top ten. No limits for him.

Awesome young man.
7/2/2017 6:50pm
He seemed to be putting in a pretty honest effort the first few rounds... Seemed to have issues keeping it on two wheels though..

Kind of surprising he'd choose to run the west coast rounds on limited funding, rather than the east coast / mid west ones..
brocsdad
7/2/2017 8:21pm
He's not training and still indulging in bad habits. His sponsor decided to quit footing the bills.
Beeby
7/2/2017 8:52pm
brocsdad wrote:
He's not training and still indulging in bad habits. His sponsor decided to quit footing the bills.
That's a big claim
brocsdad
7/2/2017 9:03pm
brocsdad wrote:
Beeby wrote:
That's a big claim
Claim? This came from a good friend of his who was trying to help him.

davistld01
7/3/2017 7:12am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 7:13am
How can he need more funding when he had a guy (don't know who the guy was) who was all in for him, and footing the bills to help him race the series? Either the guy he had buying his ticket ran out of money...or Nico relapsed, or got back into "addictive behavior" and they guy took his toys and went home. I hope for the former, but the truth is that quite a few people have tried to help the guy.
lumpy790
7/3/2017 7:15am
Southwick is 3 D Racings home race so hopefully Nico will be out there!
JeepnMike
7/3/2017 10:05pm
I know (because I read it here) that he burned a few folks and a few folks wanted to chat with him. With him being back to racing bringing him closer to us again, has anybody had a chance to "talk" to him about his thievery in person and like a man?

I gotta say, I have been keeping an eye on his results and his results have been improving.

7/3/2017 10:43pm
davistld01 wrote:
How can he need more funding when he had a guy (don't know who the guy was) who was all in for him, and footing the...
How can he need more funding when he had a guy (don't know who the guy was) who was all in for him, and footing the bills to help him race the series? Either the guy he had buying his ticket ran out of money...or Nico relapsed, or got back into "addictive behavior" and they guy took his toys and went home. I hope for the former, but the truth is that quite a few people have tried to help the guy.
Nico is a guy who's talent level when semi prepared and semi-conditioning is easily top 10, Even on poor equiptment and poor conditioning the speed should show at some point. He has been utterly terrible for someone with his talent and has not shown any speed or any conditioning.
90smoto
7/4/2017 6:17am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2017 6:38am
davistld01 wrote:
How can he need more funding when he had a guy (don't know who the guy was) who was all in for him, and footing the...
Nico is a guy who's talent level when semi prepared and semi-conditioning is easily top 10, Even on poor equiptment and poor conditioning the speed should...
Nico is a guy who's talent level when semi prepared and semi-conditioning is easily top 10, Even on poor equiptment and poor conditioning the speed should show at some point. He has been utterly terrible for someone with his talent and has not shown any speed or any conditioning.
Nico is beyond talented on a dirt bike, but for you to say he could be a top 10 guy "easily" with minimal effort is way off dude! It's a big slap in the face to the guys who are busting ass and ripping on there bikes to get in that top 10. I've watched nico since his early mini days. Talented as can be, but he is his own worst enemy. If he got his shit together once and for all and did some serious pre-season training maybe he could be top 10 guy again on occasion but I really doubt it, that ship sailed a long time ago. He showed those early rounds that he can still haul ass and qualify. And the results he put in were very good considering the past few years of nicos life, but sometimes as the phrase goes "a leopard doesn't lose his spots".... who knows if he will ever turn it around for good.
mxb2
7/4/2017 6:21am
I'mo, At his best now, maybe crack the top 20, top 10. No way.
doofy
7/4/2017 7:00am
brocsdad wrote:
Im not here to stir the pot but a couple months ago some girl was tearing him a new azz on facebook claiming they trusted nico to use their enclosed trailer and he stole the generator out of it, it was on one of his posts about doing a riding school
newmann
7/4/2017 7:10am
If Aldon Baker wanted to prove to everyone how great he is, he would take Nico under his wing and make him a champ. Commission based of course.

Whistling

downard254
7/4/2017 8:47am
newmann wrote:
If Aldon Baker wanted to prove to everyone how great he is, he would take Nico under his wing and make him a champ. Commission based...
If Aldon Baker wanted to prove to everyone how great he is, he would take Nico under his wing and make him a champ. Commission based of course.

Whistling

Oh snap!PinchBlink
kkawboy14
7/4/2017 9:08am
newmann wrote:
If Aldon Baker wanted to prove to everyone how great he is, he would take Nico under his wing and make him a champ. Commission based...

Whistling

3 months.....Champion!
7/4/2017 9:22am
Its probably super hard having the spot light on you at such a young age and losing it all. The drug problem is one thing but you have to think he must have some serious mental health issues. The highs and lows of racing are hard on anyone but someone struggling with mental health may be effected even more. I love that the motocross community has reached out and tried to help him multiple times but maybe the best thing for him is to step away from dirt bikes.
wreckitrandy
7/4/2017 9:25am
newmann wrote:

Whistling

Baker runs a training facility I think.... Is he expanding into rehab as well?
7/4/2017 10:23am
Looks like he's going to be in South Alabama at the end of the month if anyone wants to take a class.

NorCal 50+
7/4/2017 10:45am
It is funny how a lot of racers that went pro around the same time- around 2004- had problems- J Law, Stroupe, Nico. Was there some kind of influence in the sport at that time?

This sport needs to pay more attention to the issue of riders getting injured and hooked on pills. It is well documented with Austin and Izzi.
Izzi was on his way to the top until he had to step off his Suzuki in Supercross and broke his heels. He said the team never even got in touch with him in the hospital- he had to call DeCoster. That might be a sign of how riders are tossed away and left to fend for themselves.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
7/4/2017 11:33am
I'm just going to leave this here...

PastranaWho
7/4/2017 12:27pm
Looks like he's going to be in South Alabama at the end of the month if anyone wants to take a class. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/04/203295/s1200_NI_Class.jpg[/img]
Looks like he's going to be in South Alabama at the end of the month if anyone wants to take a class.

People will actually take mx lessons from this dudeWoohoo
7/4/2017 2:01pm
Being a top level rider at one time and getting an education out of a motorhome didn't help. He learned to be a punk some where. He has no other skills. No chance of getting a job. Roger warned him about who he was hanging with and he wasn't smart enough to understand. The engine blew round 1 and 3 D put a stock motor in it. I have been told some things about what happened with 3D but I don't believe anything I hear. When your 18 and make upwards of 700 thousand I would think a financial planner would have been in his best interest. It has to be frustrating for him with no support and no one to turn too. I don't think you have much time to train when your in a rig 2 or 3 days traveling from one round to the next.
Hope he finds away and the little $$ he makes isn't spent on drugs.
agn5009
7/4/2017 2:27pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
It is funny how a lot of racers that went pro around the same time- around 2004- had problems- J Law, Stroupe, Nico. Was there some...
It is funny how a lot of racers that went pro around the same time- around 2004- had problems- J Law, Stroupe, Nico. Was there some kind of influence in the sport at that time?

This sport needs to pay more attention to the issue of riders getting injured and hooked on pills. It is well documented with Austin and Izzi.
Izzi was on his way to the top until he had to step off his Suzuki in Supercross and broke his heels. He said the team never even got in touch with him in the hospital- he had to call DeCoster. That might be a sign of how riders are tossed away and left to fend for themselves.
Why does "the sport" need to pay more attention to riders getting hooked on pills? I hate when people spew that nonsense. It's not "the sports" responsibility. Nico is a grown man, it's his own damn responsibility to care for himself. It's the sports responsibility to ensure that no rider is using pills or whatever to gain an unfair advantage. That's it.

If I become a junky and my employer finds out I'm using banned controlled substances I would most likely get suspended for the first violation. If it happens again, I would be fired. They have NO obligation to coddle me or intervene when I fall on my ass.

I apologize for coming off like as ass, but just read what you wrote and actually think long and hard about it. Take into consideration how it is absolutely 100% impossible for "the sport" to intervene in any way, shape or form other than drug testing them and suspending them. Our sport is not big enough to be able to send riders to rehab or counseling and quite frankly it's not their responsibility.

Take responsibility for his own actions, lean on family and friends for support, enter rehab or whatever he's got to do to get clean. That's what needs done. "The sport" doesn't owe him anything just because he can ride a dirt bike really well.
mx317
7/4/2017 2:39pm
Looks like he's going to be in South Alabama at the end of the month if anyone wants to take a class. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/04/203295/s1200_NI_Class.jpg[/img]

People will actually take mx lessons from this dudeWoohoo
You don't think he could give you some riding tips?

Post a reply to: Nico Izzi ?? (Update: Nico Returns to Racing in 2022)

The Latest