Nice guy Matthes

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
Edited Date/Time 8/28/2019 6:16pm
So, Matthes is a big hockey guy, even started a new podcast, albeit a short lived one, with former NHLer and NHL analyst Ray Ferraro. Ray played over 1000 games in the NHL. Nowadays you do that and the league will give you a silver hockey stick to commemorate being that badass for that long, Ray never got his until Steve stepped up and got in touch with Ray’s old team.

Be like Steve
|
Mr. Afterbar
8/28/2019 5:04am
Steve also led the charge on getting the dogger onto the AMA hall of fame ballot. He should hopefully get voted in this year.
Zaugg
8/28/2019 7:05am
He's also trying to get Marty a job...Laughing
Matthes
8/28/2019 10:11am
bh84 wrote:
So, Matthes is a big hockey guy, even started a new podcast, albeit a short lived one, with former NHLer and NHL analyst Ray Ferraro. Ray...
So, Matthes is a big hockey guy, even started a new podcast, albeit a short lived one, with former NHLer and NHL analyst Ray Ferraro. Ray played over 1000 games in the NHL. Nowadays you do that and the league will give you a silver hockey stick to commemorate being that badass for that long, Ray never got his until Steve stepped up and got in touch with Ray’s old team.

Be like Steve
Ha! That was a while ago now. Not quite how the story went but Ray's old, I'll forgive him. The guy who makes all the sticks for the NHL to give to guys is a moto guy from Edmonton (he started doing it for the Oilers in the mid-80's I guess then the NHL contacted him to do all of them) and he reached out to me when I was making fun of Ray never getting his stick when he was with Kings. So he gave me a hell of a deal on a stick for Ray, done up just like the ones now, for cheap and some moto stuff. I reached out to Ray's son who put me in touch w Kings PR (who's a buddy of Ray's) and they arranged to give it to him when Leafs were in town. We got to go to the little pre-game ceremony, met & hung with Luc Robitaille, went to the booth during the game, etc. It was cool, glad I got to do it for him. He was stoked!

PS- #DoggerforHOF
Dimblewambie
8/28/2019 10:15am
Matthes wrote:
Ha! That was a while ago now. Not quite how the story went but Ray's old, I'll forgive him. The guy who makes all the sticks...
Ha! That was a while ago now. Not quite how the story went but Ray's old, I'll forgive him. The guy who makes all the sticks for the NHL to give to guys is a moto guy from Edmonton (he started doing it for the Oilers in the mid-80's I guess then the NHL contacted him to do all of them) and he reached out to me when I was making fun of Ray never getting his stick when he was with Kings. So he gave me a hell of a deal on a stick for Ray, done up just like the ones now, for cheap and some moto stuff. I reached out to Ray's son who put me in touch w Kings PR (who's a buddy of Ray's) and they arranged to give it to him when Leafs were in town. We got to go to the little pre-game ceremony, met & hung with Luc Robitaille, went to the booth during the game, etc. It was cool, glad I got to do it for him. He was stoked!

PS- #DoggerforHOF
#bringbackpulphockey

Ray is a great analyzer of the game and has awesome insight, shame it couldn’t go on longer for you guys.

The Shop

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
8/28/2019 10:24am
Matthes wrote:
Ha! That was a while ago now. Not quite how the story went but Ray's old, I'll forgive him. The guy who makes all the sticks...

PS- #DoggerforHOF
Now that’s a cool story! Did you catch the Spittin Chicklets pod where they were talking about Bertuzzi never getting one? That’s how this came up.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
8/28/2019 11:34am
Cool story. Sadly kings are not a team to bet on winning the cup in next decade.

*tries not to cry while wearing avs cap*
crowe176
8/28/2019 12:08pm
Unfortunately, Steve is only suspending Dylan and not banning him, which isn't nice, for listeners.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
8/28/2019 12:20pm
crowe176 wrote:
Unfortunately, Steve is only suspending Dylan and not banning him, which isn't nice, for listeners.
With great power comes great resposibility. You need to figure out whom to cash, smash & slash.
kkawboy14
8/28/2019 2:10pm
Now if he could find out if Moosecan needs surgery that would be a big help!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/28/2019 6:16pm
Pulp Hockey was great but for Ray, he does the Overdrive podcast in Toronto and maybe more that I don’t know of so doing pulp was either redundant or too much for him even though the format was different. Was really good while it lasted.

Post a reply to: Nice guy Matthes

The Latest