Next sport changing talent?

Edited Date/Time 3/2/2018 4:56am
Being that I got extended to 6pm working today, sighs, listened to the pulp show and heard DV say he hasn't seen anyone impress him since RV. Lets debate on why its been a while since and who is your pick as the next guy to have that untouchable riding ability.

Im thinking....

Forkner
Cooper
Tomac
Roczen
Hill
Plessinger?
AC?

Herlings and AC in MX?

Someone coming out of the ranks? This is truly hard, seems like everyone does the same stuff nowadays, riding style wise and are too worried about making money surviving or maybe our sport has grown some true parity.....

But then you have Reed who covered these guys just last year in ARZ at 35...
|
kb228
2/27/2018 2:17pm
I havent seen anyone as im pressive as RV since he retired. If i had to pick id say forkner has the best shot. Maybe ac after. The rest are kindof meh. Tomac is awesome but hes too late in his career to be an Rv.
2/27/2018 2:27pm
kb228 wrote:
I havent seen anyone as im pressive as RV since he retired. If i had to pick id say forkner has the best shot. Maybe ac...
I havent seen anyone as im pressive as RV since he retired. If i had to pick id say forkner has the best shot. Maybe ac after. The rest are kindof meh. Tomac is awesome but hes too late in his career to be an Rv.
I think the craziest thing is that all these legends missed a shit ton of time to serious injuries and still brought it (RV,RC,JS,CR)

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/27/2018 3:16pm
Little Ryder DiFrancesco.

Haiden Deegan.

Still a long ways from the pro ranks but they're on the right track with great support.
Sully
2/27/2018 4:11pm
loftyair wrote:
Maybe vohland....
Not a bad choice, the kid rips. Even runs the 711 like his dad.

loftyair
2/27/2018 4:28pm
Falk, Drake, hammaker..all possibilities.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
2/27/2018 4:52pm
Lawrence Hunter, 17 and faster than all our 250 guys. And his brother is faster at the same age.
agn5009
2/27/2018 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 5:12pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Lawrence Hunter, 17 and faster than all our 250 guys. And his brother is faster at the same age.
What makes you think he's faster than all our 250 guys? Because he had a good showing at the MXDN? I think he's awesome but I wouldn't crown the kid fastest in the world on a 250 til he actually proves it. He had a few good races last year at the GP's but he never proved he could keep a consistent pace with Jonass or a few others. It seems as though Lawrence is Vitals flavor of the month though. We both know how often Vitals flavors turn out.

For me, it's Herlings. If he can stay healthy I can see him winning a bunch of titles. Herlings also has the balls to pull a Villopoto and come to the states and run our series for a year toward the end of his career. Don't forget what he did to our guys last year when he borrowed a bike to race here...
BobPA
2/27/2018 5:15pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Pretty sure RJ smoked him in Florida last year?
ledger
2/27/2018 5:23pm
I get a vibe that Forkner will be a threat in a few more year's. I think Sexton ?? might have something to prove also.
Indymxer
2/27/2018 6:20pm
Stick to your work instead of making lame threads.
kkawboy14
2/27/2018 6:50pm
Cianciarillo has another gear, he just has to stay healthy
TXDirt
2/27/2018 8:06pm
Generational riders just done come around every generation. I don’t see anyone in the current crop that’s going to dominate. I think that’s a good thing. Several guys on the gate can win any given day.
Silliker269
2/27/2018 8:13pm
Well since he is Top 3 all time I would say that is accurate
TDeath21
2/27/2018 9:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 9:46pm
Nobody racing now. Villopoto dominated on the 250. Didn’t just win. Dominated. At age 17-19. A near perfect SX season. Winning 9 races per MX season. For you to be a superstar on the 450, you can’t just be winning on the 250. You need to dominate. Webb, Tomac, Roczen, etc. never dominated on the 250. Dominant races yes, but never were they head and shoulders above everyone for extended periods of time.
2/27/2018 11:00pm
For 20 + years we have seem dominate forces from day one, MC, RC, JS, RC, RV heck even Dungey.

These are true champions who fight until the end.

I haven't seen anyone like the above since, Webb did have that god mode during 250's if he gets it together he might be up there, however all of the above destroyed on debut... both classes.

I think its the current climate of technology and upbringing that has changed this for some reason, I can't quite put my finger on it.

I've been watching RC vs JS battles recently there really hasn't been anything like that in years nor the speed, I personally watch this sport for pure talent and determination I don't care if they win every race making it a "boring" series for me thats not boring watching someone at those heights is something special.

The only young rider currently who has these traits is Jeffery Herlings.

I thought Tomac was gonna be that guy but it's hard to watch someone who doesn't seem to want it, I saw race I think it was in 2009 when James ate shit over the bars, he tried to get back on his bike and fell over due to pain and what not, he got back on the bike started setting the fastest laps and from memory got his way back up to 8th.
Prntscrn
2/27/2018 11:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 11:09pm
UpTiTe wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Define smoked..

He beat him yes, but I also remember Lawrence catching RJ and almost passing him in the end of the moto. Then there are these rumors that he had a crap bike last year which I don't know is true or not, but some said Seewer was given way better possibilities by Suzuki
2/27/2018 11:48pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Nobody racing now. Villopoto dominated on the 250. Didn’t just win. Dominated. At age 17-19. A near perfect SX season. Winning 9 races per MX season...
Nobody racing now. Villopoto dominated on the 250. Didn’t just win. Dominated. At age 17-19. A near perfect SX season. Winning 9 races per MX season. For you to be a superstar on the 450, you can’t just be winning on the 250. You need to dominate. Webb, Tomac, Roczen, etc. never dominated on the 250. Dominant races yes, but never were they head and shoulders above everyone for extended periods of time.
Exactly. These guys are all huge talents, but not sport changing. Roczen and Tomac had that talent until injuries. I see them winning titles in the future, but not that dominating. I would look to kids like Reynolds, DiFransesco and Deegan to be next. Hunter Lawrence is quick, but it's hard to say if he will dominate. His younger brother could be better.

In Europe, AC kind of has showed the way already and won't be around for that long anymore. Herlings has the chance to take over in the GPs and go on to win titles like Everts and AC IF he stays healthy.
2/28/2018 12:05am
Well, hopefully DV stays unimpressed with the current batch of riders, as it makes for better racing.
Cortami79
2/28/2018 12:29am
Being that I got extended to 6pm working today, sighs, listened to the pulp show and heard DV say he hasn't seen anyone impress him since...
Being that I got extended to 6pm working today, sighs, listened to the pulp show and heard DV say he hasn't seen anyone impress him since RV. Lets debate on why its been a while since and who is your pick as the next guy to have that untouchable riding ability.

Im thinking....

Forkner
Cooper
Tomac
Roczen
Hill
Plessinger?
AC?

Herlings and AC in MX?

Someone coming out of the ranks? This is truly hard, seems like everyone does the same stuff nowadays, riding style wise and are too worried about making money surviving or maybe our sport has grown some true parity.....

But then you have Reed who covered these guys just last year in ARZ at 35...
DV should watch Herlings and Cairoli riding on a sandtrack in real life Grinning

But, back on topic. (Sport changing) Talents in my eyes could be the Lawrence brothers and Prado. So much raw talent these guys have. Normally i only go to the sand GP's, but I have been to Loket last year, which is a really technical track, and as a fan it was awesome to see how much talent/technique these guys have.

BobPA
2/28/2018 12:30am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2018 12:33am
UpTiTe wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Prntscrn wrote:
Define smoked.. He beat him yes, but I also remember Lawrence catching RJ and almost passing him in the end of the moto. Then there are...
Define smoked..

He beat him yes, but I also remember Lawrence catching RJ and almost passing him in the end of the moto. Then there are these rumors that he had a crap bike last year which I don't know is true or not, but some said Seewer was given way better possibilities by Suzuki
Definition of smoke would be : He straight up beat. They both took off from the same gate. And RJ is not a contender for the top spot in the class of the USA....yet.
Fearo
2/28/2018 12:55am
Nobody.

It's funny, people complained for years that there was always one rider dominating the sport. Now that we finally have some parity, people are so desperately looking for the next 'superstar'.
2/28/2018 1:15am
I would say the reason we are seeing so many injuries is because there are so many guys riding at that level now, one very minor mistake and its a season ending injury. I don't expect to see anyone 'change the sport' because there is no room at the top for it to change.

Post a reply to: Next sport changing talent?

The Latest