Next MXON in America

adams189
9/25/2022 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2022 7:33pm
Just curious where the next US MXON will be. Red Bud is amazing but would like to see it at another track.
|
aeffertz
9/25/2022 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2022 4:42pm
Dilla or Millville would be awesome. Of course Glen Helen would be epic as well and seems like the no brainer but it seems that bridge has been burned already.

If I was a betting man, I’d say the next US MXoN is probably at RedBud again though. I would guess at least 5 years until it’s back here as well so a lot could change in that time frame. But there is something to be said about promoters and tracks being on the same page. Budds claimed that holding the MXoN bankrupted them, GH couldn’t agree on terms and RedBud has had two successful MXoN events in a row and seems to welcome them back with open arms.

I don’t know how much land surrounding Unadilla there is but I don’t think Spring Creek could hold this large of an event considering they fill up every spot during the national weekend. A man can dream though…
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
9/25/2022 4:14pm
I vote for Millville.
adams189
9/25/2022 4:19pm
aeffertz wrote:
Dilla or Millville would be awesome. Of course Glen Helen would be epic as well and seems like the no brainer but it seems that bridge...
Dilla or Millville would be awesome. Of course Glen Helen would be epic as well and seems like the no brainer but it seems that bridge has been burned already.

If I was a betting man, I’d say the next US MXoN is probably at RedBud again though. I would guess at least 5 years until it’s back here as well so a lot could change in that time frame. But there is something to be said about promoters and tracks being on the same page. Budds claimed that holding the MXoN bankrupted them, GH couldn’t agree on terms and RedBud has had two successful MXoN events in a row and seems to welcome them back with open arms.

I don’t know how much land surrounding Unadilla there is but I don’t think Spring Creek could hold this large of an event considering they fill up every spot during the national weekend. A man can dream though…
Mx sports and Glen Helen have issues but didn’t know that in front and Glen Helen had issues too. I seen Lori (from Glen Helen) at Red Bud in 2018 and she mentioned cost as the issue that they had not had it there. She said it was like $1 million up from to host it. Not sure how true that is but would love to see it there.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
9/25/2022 4:30pm
aeffertz wrote:
Dilla or Millville would be awesome. Of course Glen Helen would be epic as well and seems like the no brainer but it seems that bridge...

adams189 wrote:
Mx sports and Glen Helen have issues but didn’t know that in front and Glen Helen had issues too. I seen Lori (from Glen Helen) at...
Mx sports and Glen Helen have issues but didn’t know that in front and Glen Helen had issues too. I seen Lori (from Glen Helen) at Red Bud in 2018 and she mentioned cost as the issue that they had not had it there. She said it was like $1 million up from to host it. Not sure how true that is but would love to see it there.
It was Annouced that it was going to be there in 15 I think , then it just didn’t happen after the usgp failures, the youthstrean glen helen partnership disappeared

It’s a big risk as Infront charge up front ,

Traxk wise spring creek would be good. But it’s a nightmare to get there for international teams

The Shop

Dirt.Squirt
9/25/2022 4:39pm
Millville, Budds creek, Unadilla or even Lakewood would all be cool
mcopsey
9/25/2022 4:40pm
Ironman would make a good MXdN track. And going back to Colorado would be good too.
crc245
9/25/2022 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2022 4:43pm
scott_nz wrote:
It was Annouced that it was going to be there in 15 I think , then it just didn’t happen after the usgp failures, the youthstrean...
It was Annouced that it was going to be there in 15 I think , then it just didn’t happen after the usgp failures, the youthstrean glen helen partnership disappeared

It’s a big risk as Infront charge up front ,

Traxk wise spring creek would be good. But it’s a nightmare to get there for international teams
Thinking 2017 maybe? Still wish GH would/could step up and host a race of this caliber!

*MXdN
aeffertz
9/25/2022 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2022 4:49pm
Why not budds creek?
The amount of comments made and even holding a fund raiser to keep the track in business because holding the MXoN at their track was the worst financial decision they ever made makes it seem likely that wouldn’t do it again.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-budds-creek-mx
mcopsey
9/25/2022 4:49pm
Why not budds creek?
aeffertz wrote:
The amount of comments made and even holding a fund raiser to keep the track in business because holding the MXoN at their track was the...
The amount of comments made and even holding a fund raiser to keep the track in business because holding the MXoN at their track was the worst financial decision they ever made makes it seem likely that wouldn’t do it again.

I thought there was a tax issue that hurt Budds, not just the mxdn.
BobPA
9/25/2022 4:53pm
Hoping it's not Red Bud again. The atmosphere was great, but the track is very one lined... Even during the qualifiers there was very little passing.

'Dilla all the way
Dirt.Squirt
9/25/2022 4:55pm
Why not budds creek?
aeffertz wrote:
The amount of comments made and even holding a fund raiser to keep the track in business because holding the MXoN at their track was the...

Oh wow
str8line
9/25/2022 4:56pm
Somewhere with loamy dirty would be preferential.
VanDan
9/25/2022 4:56pm
Ironman, Southwick or Millville would be great.
aeffertz
9/25/2022 5:00pm
VanDan wrote:
Ironman definitely seems like it would be next in line. Top notch facility and hopefully far enough south to dodge the typical fall weather that RedBud gets.
MXR
9/25/2022 5:05pm
Washougal please
VanDan
9/25/2022 5:09pm
VanDan wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Ironman definitely seems like it would be next in line. Top notch facility and hopefully far enough south to dodge the typical fall weather that RedBud...
Ironman definitely seems like it would be next in line. Top notch facility and hopefully far enough south to dodge the typical fall weather that RedBud gets.
Ironman and Southwick definitely make it relatively easier for international travellers.

With France in 2023 and 2026 confirmed, do we have any news where it'll be in 2024 or 2025 yet?
Bow977
Fantasy
146th
9/25/2022 5:15pm
South wick would be a terrible choice. Ironman would be great.
str8line
9/25/2022 5:27pm
Ironman would be amazing. Such a cool track.
adams189
9/25/2022 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2022 5:32pm
I don’t care about the weather as much as a new location. I’ve been to Budds, Colorado, and Red Bud in 2018. I’d just like somewhere else to go. Why not a track that is not on the National Circuit? Texas, Florida, anywhere. Even if it went back to Red Bud it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Just bring it back to the US soon.
mb60
9/25/2022 5:31pm
I can't imagine how much money and work it takes to get this race. But Millville would be my choice for the next one. Minn this time of year is awesome.
9/25/2022 5:37pm
Bow977 wrote:
South wick would be a terrible choice. Ironman would be great.
X2 on Southwick. Worst viewing of any track on the circuit. And that's with regular National attendance. Jack that up for the MXdN and you couldn't see a thing
49weasel
9/25/2022 5:47pm
It’s Ironman.
maxer
Fantasy
251st
9/25/2022 5:57pm
new track that no one has raced plz
Crush
9/25/2022 5:59pm
Each time these things have been discussed on the moto pods, Weege has made the point that it's not really the track, it's the parking and ability to deal with the ridiculous crowd numbers..

So Washagoul/Southwick etc he isolated as out just because of that... Ironman, GH, or some of the weird venues that don't hold nationals that are huge, is it Swan in Texas? And/or Monster Mountain?
Original 44
9/25/2022 6:11pm
Crush wrote:
Each time these things have been discussed on the moto pods, Weege has made the point that it's not really the track, it's the parking and...
Each time these things have been discussed on the moto pods, Weege has made the point that it's not really the track, it's the parking and ability to deal with the ridiculous crowd numbers..

So Washagoul/Southwick etc he isolated as out just because of that... Ironman, GH, or some of the weird venues that don't hold nationals that are huge, is it Swan in Texas? And/or Monster Mountain?
I love Monster Mountain. But unfortunately I don’t think they have enough parking for a national let alone for an event the size of the MXoN
Crush
9/25/2022 6:15pm
I love Monster Mountain. But unfortunately I don’t think they have enough parking for a national let alone for an event the size of the MXoN
Yeah I think they or someone included it as it's undeveloped and has scope for change? I've only ever seen a small GoPro from there and remember the track was crazy but not seen anything else. Is there space to build stuff?

yak651
Fantasy
168th
9/25/2022 6:23pm
aeffertz wrote:

Strange how GH can't agree to terms with anyone...
9/25/2022 6:25pm
Crush wrote:
Each time these things have been discussed on the moto pods, Weege has made the point that it's not really the track, it's the parking and...

You got to be able to house the race crew and teams and all the people plus have the required infrastructure set by MXGP but most importantly, be able to get the international peeps in and out plus accommodate. This is an international race and without all the internationals, it's just another national run by a different mob with a camo of top riders (which I'm sure plenty of you would be happy with) but it just wouldn't be the same race or atmosphere.

It's great that more American's are getting onboard finally but you lot have also got to stop being so greedy. There's 40 other countries that want it also.

Post a reply to: Next MXON in America

The Latest