Newb POV lap on a baby track outside Toronto, Canada

Edited Date/Time 12/22/2020 8:36pm
For your viewing pleasure or ridicule... this was my first time on a motocross track:

POV Video
|
hypermoto
12/20/2020 11:47am
Enrique is working so hard on that track. It’s got a long road to go, but they are serious and investing heavily in making it good. You ever ride the 15 just outside woodstock? Great track for beginners
hyler199
12/20/2020 12:34pm
Met one of the guys running the place out in the middle of Ganaraska Forest. Wasnt able to make it there this year but will do next year. Looks exactly my skill level on a motocross track. Definately more confident in the woods haha
DK23
12/20/2020 12:42pm
I read somewhere that if you practice wheelies on city streets with red and blue flashing lights following you, it will improve your MX skills. 😁
gt80rider
12/20/2020 1:22pm
Now that is some flat terrain... but still looked fun...

The Shop

12/21/2020 12:57pm
hypermoto wrote:
Enrique is working so hard on that track. It’s got a long road to go, but they are serious and investing heavily in making it good...
Enrique is working so hard on that track. It’s got a long road to go, but they are serious and investing heavily in making it good. You ever ride the 15 just outside woodstock? Great track for beginners
I agree, Enrique is absolutely working hard on making that track a success. When we first met he kept telling me about a desire to open a track in Toronto and frankly it sounded nuts (with our real estate and land prices being the highest in Canada), but he absolutely did it.

That video was my first MX experience. I found that its small size made the track awesome for a beginner to get comfortable. Subsequently, after visiting Gopher Dunes, RJ's and Burnt River (all considered full-size tracks), I still found myself coming back to Ultimate Terrain to get more and more comfortable with both cornering and sending it on longer jumps... At the big tracks I simply kept forgetting the layout and never felt overly confident... at Ultimate, the shorter layout makes it simple to know what's a double or a single... From what I saw some of the other more proficient riders were enjoying that fact as well (and I noticed that at least one of the tabletops was even extended after a month of being opened to accommodate more advanced riders that were clearing it).

Also, the compact size of the track forced them to build a lot of corners in the layout so for a newb it's a great practice banking.

hypermoto
12/21/2020 2:06pm
gqelements wrote:
I agree, Enrique is absolutely working hard on making that track a success. When we first met he kept telling me about a desire to open...
I agree, Enrique is absolutely working hard on making that track a success. When we first met he kept telling me about a desire to open a track in Toronto and frankly it sounded nuts (with our real estate and land prices being the highest in Canada), but he absolutely did it.

That video was my first MX experience. I found that its small size made the track awesome for a beginner to get comfortable. Subsequently, after visiting Gopher Dunes, RJ's and Burnt River (all considered full-size tracks), I still found myself coming back to Ultimate Terrain to get more and more comfortable with both cornering and sending it on longer jumps... At the big tracks I simply kept forgetting the layout and never felt overly confident... at Ultimate, the shorter layout makes it simple to know what's a double or a single... From what I saw some of the other more proficient riders were enjoying that fact as well (and I noticed that at least one of the tabletops was even extended after a month of being opened to accommodate more advanced riders that were clearing it).

Also, the compact size of the track forced them to build a lot of corners in the layout so for a newb it's a great practice banking.

Where the track is located, used to be home of the Markham Supercross. I believe the owner is a MX fan.
12/21/2020 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2020 2:08pm
Looks a little sketchy with oncoming riders. A guy runs wide or gets bumped off the track in some of those corners, and it could be really ugly. JMO.
mxaaron
12/21/2020 2:33pm
It looks like you had a fun time, thanks for sharing.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
12/21/2020 4:26pm
EngIceDave wrote:
I forgot how to haze Canadian noobs
You say, "STFU, Eh!" Maybe?

Nice job on the track for your first time, OP.
DAG
12/21/2020 4:42pm
EngIceDave wrote:
I forgot how to haze Canadian noobs
Hey Dave..." Your mom's a puck bunny and you ride like your on a Ski Doo".. Your welcome..send some more of that helmet liner cleanerSmile
nickm
12/22/2020 8:36pm
Nice track! good to see something like this pop up in Toronto.

For those of you looking for some great Canadian chirping, watch the show Letterkenny, the two hockey players and the character named Shoresy are elite level chirpers eh!
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
12/23/2020 1:26pm
nickm wrote:
Nice track! good to see something like this pop up in Toronto. For those of you looking for some great Canadian chirping, watch the show Letterkenny...
Nice track! good to see something like this pop up in Toronto.

For those of you looking for some great Canadian chirping, watch the show Letterkenny, the two hockey players and the character named Shoresy are elite level chirpers eh!
"F YOU, SHORESY!"

"F you, Reilly, I made a oopsy, can you ask your mom to pick up Jonesy's mom on the way over to my place? I double booked them by mistake, you f'in' loser."

Post a reply to: Newb POV lap on a baby track outside Toronto, Canada

The Latest