New x-games moto idea

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2018 7:44 PM

With the popularity of the real moto segment at x games this year I was thinking that it would be cool to see the guys do this live. Imagine haaker, jarvis, hodges and all the guys on the same terrain doing an expression session.

Something similar to skate or bmx park event. An arena filled with obstacles, jumps and terrain that allows guys to create a "run" with all the nose wheelie, transfers and wheelies. But no massive jumps or ramp stuff to take away from the freestyle

Maybe they get a few hours to play and then 2 x 2 minutes runs with the most technical fluid run being judged the winner.

Thoughts? much thank you

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

12/4/2018 8:21 PM

I’ll bite.

My idea would be to run a straight rhythm race instead. Short bracket races are made for tv and xgames. Of course two strokes only.

|

12/4/2018 8:22 PM

My second thought is...there was an xgames this year and Moto was in it?!

|

12/4/2018 8:44 PM

I think that could be awesome, maybe run it in a jam style format though rather than individual runs like they do for skate and bmx. Basically you'd have 30 seconds or so to put something together, once your time is up or if you fall prior to that the next guy goes and so on until there is no time left in the overall "session".

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/4/2018 9:02 PM

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

With the popularity of the real moto segment at x games this year I was thinking that it would be cool to see the guys do this live. Imagine haaker, jarvis, hodges and all the guys on the same terrain doing an expression session.

Something similar to skate or bmx park event. An arena filled with obstacles, jumps and terrain that allows guys to create a "run" with all the nose wheelie, transfers and wheelies. But no massive jumps or ramp stuff to take away from the freestyle

Maybe they get a few hours to play and then 2 x 2 minutes runs with the most technical fluid run being judged the winner.

Thoughts? much thank you

Actually I kind of like that idea. Like freestyle but smaller and less backflips

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

12/4/2018 11:50 PM

Phillip_Lamb wrote:

Actually I kind of like that idea. Like freestyle but smaller and less backflips

yeah, hell you could probably even use the park course that the skate guys use. I can just imagine haaker doing a run similar to his famous video but through bowls and quarter pipes

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

12/5/2018 5:03 AM

Not trying to be a smart ass but... isn't that what trials is for? So basically, add a free run trials event?

|

12/5/2018 6:07 AM

i think alot of what makes the x games 'real' competitions fun to watch is the filming. guys are able to get creative with the filmers and create cool shots. IMO this would be hard to achieve with flyover cameras and maybe a few on the course.

|

12/5/2018 8:36 AM

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

Thoughts? much thank you

Can we put pegs on a dirtbike?

|

12/5/2018 10:05 AM

Straight rhythm type event would be perfect for x-games.

|

12/5/2018 10:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 10:34 AM

Ramrod wrote:

My second thought is...there was an xgames this year and Moto was in it?!

I used to look so foward to Xgames every year and I think my TV viewing or something has changed because I haven't seen 1 advertisement for it all year. Luckily I have my DVR set up to record anything with the name in it.

|

12/5/2018 11:57 AM

ga_pike wrote:

Not trying to be a smart ass but... isn't that what trials is for? So basically, add a free run trials event?

Well not really, trials is more about getting through a set route with the least amount of penalties.

A trials bike would be a bit unfair in this compeititon, but a trials rider on a big bike aka Jarvis would be cool to see.

|

12/5/2018 12:33 PM

Wouldn’t be a hit as most the population has no idea how hard the stuff they are doing is

|

12/5/2018 1:58 PM

Sweetd31 wrote:

Can we put pegs on a dirtbike?

I remember seeing a pic of Mike Metzger with pegs grinding a box or rail before. Early 2000s propably. haven't seen anyone else do it since.

|

12/6/2018 6:26 AM

X-Games is still a thing?

|