New x-Brand goggles???

Edited Date/Time 7/31/2019 8:01am

|
swtwtwtw
7/8/2019 10:00am
It’s going to be hard to beat the new Armega, I like it better than my Airbrakes
Lynch
7/8/2019 10:09am
swtwtwtw wrote:
It’s going to be hard to beat the new Armega, I like it better than my Airbrakes
Interesting! What do you prefer on the Armega?
Spooner
7/8/2019 5:11pm
Those look like the EKS-S model which came out a couple years ago.

The Shop

Naanak
7/8/2019 5:34pm
I’ve seen an ad for a new lens they have coming out . Maybe that’s what it is for?
Mr. Info
7/8/2019 5:44pm
It’s a new model with great upgrades and for the price it will make your jaw drop. The new EKS model is that it’s all new. Frame, padding and lens. Great fit, great view and great sweat stopping foam.
Premix
7/8/2019 5:44pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Watch the tear off posts on the new armega. Had one come off mid moto over the weekend. They are molded into the frame so the goggle is now garbage. Going to call 100% this week and see if they’ll do anything. Second time using them. Think they would hold up a bit better for a 100 dollar goggle.

Spooner
7/8/2019 5:54pm
Premix wrote:
Watch the tear off posts on the new armega. Had one come off mid moto over the weekend. They are molded into the frame so the...
Watch the tear off posts on the new armega. Had one come off mid moto over the weekend. They are molded into the frame so the goggle is now garbage. Going to call 100% this week and see if they’ll do anything. Second time using them. Think they would hold up a bit better for a 100 dollar goggle.

That most likely cracked in shipping. I’ve had a few have this happen as they are just as wide as the box so they can get bent or cracked if you aren’t lucky. I know they will take care of you so don’t worry there.
Premix
7/8/2019 5:57pm
Spooner wrote:
That most likely cracked in shipping. I’ve had a few have this happen as they are just as wide as the box so they can get...
That most likely cracked in shipping. I’ve had a few have this happen as they are just as wide as the box so they can get bent or cracked if you aren’t lucky. I know they will take care of you so don’t worry there.
Glad to hear that. I’ll give them a call in the morning.
CivBars
7/8/2019 6:00pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Premix wrote:
Watch the tear off posts on the new armega. Had one come off mid moto over the weekend. They are molded into the frame so the...

Unfortunately that seems to be par for the course. I've seen/ heard about similar problems with a few different 100% products. Sorry to hear.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
7/8/2019 6:05pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Premix wrote:

CivBars wrote:
Unfortunately that seems to be par for the course. I've seen/ heard about similar problems with a few different 100% products. Sorry to hear.
It would be cool if they did a metal bolt version. Drill it out and bolt in the posts. Metal posts would probably make tearoff pulls easier and more consistent by avoiding post flex and the plastic gripping, which im sure accounts for some stuck tearoffs sometimes. Titanium posts would be the shit.
Spooner
7/8/2019 6:08pm
There will be a revision.

And I have sold thousands of pairs of 100% goggles and I’ve had exactly 2 warranties before these came out so to say the brand has problems is stretching it a bit. They are handling this issue very quickly and go out of their way to make it right. And again it’s something that happens in shipping. If you get the goggles and the post is in tact then you are good to go.
MXVet261
Fantasy
4061st
7/8/2019 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2019 6:23pm
EKS Goggles are great, been using them for years. As with all goggles, it is important to find the ones that fit YOU the best. Sounds silly but I've had brands that won't seal against my face and allow dirt in, others that dig into the bridge of my nose. Go to a big moto store and try on a bunch of pairs with and without a helmet on.
swtwtwtw
7/8/2019 8:07pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Lynch wrote:
It is cooler behind the lens. I’m not going to toss my Airbrakes; I will be adding more Armegas as the new colors come out.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/8/2019 8:51pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Lynch wrote:
swtwtwtw wrote:
It is cooler behind the lens. I’m not going to toss my Airbrakes; I will be adding more Armegas as the new colors come out.
Agreed... digging the new goggles. I got 2 pairs of the white ones, because it was the only color available. Two days later they released 4 more colors and Black was back in stock. Lol

CivBars
7/9/2019 9:28am
Spooner wrote:
There will be a revision. And I have sold thousands of pairs of 100% goggles and I’ve had exactly 2 warranties before these came out so...
There will be a revision.

And I have sold thousands of pairs of 100% goggles and I’ve had exactly 2 warranties before these came out so to say the brand has problems is stretching it a bit. They are handling this issue very quickly and go out of their way to make it right. And again it’s something that happens in shipping. If you get the goggles and the post is in tact then you are good to go.
I can only assume that riding, pulling tear offs, being in a gear bag etc would be just as stressful on the goggles as them being in the box they were designed to be sold in. If they're broken before you even put them on, then I don't think they're going to perform well or last very long for their intended purpose. I don't know one person who has ever been a repeat customer for any 100% product. I don't think it's a stretch to say that the brand has problems. Between friends, family, people at the track/ on the trail, I've seen multiple different types of failures from multiple different 100% products. Some of which were replaced by 100% which is great. Then the replacement fails. I'm not here to bash 100%. I'm just defending my statement that in my experience it's not surprising to see that their new goggle is of the same quality of previous products that I've witnessed in the past. Hopefully in the future they'll put an emphasis on quality over margins and not have to factor in as many warranty replacements.
Preston412
7/9/2019 10:04am
CivBars wrote:
I can only assume that riding, pulling tear offs, being in a gear bag etc would be just as stressful on the goggles as them being...
I can only assume that riding, pulling tear offs, being in a gear bag etc would be just as stressful on the goggles as them being in the box they were designed to be sold in. If they're broken before you even put them on, then I don't think they're going to perform well or last very long for their intended purpose. I don't know one person who has ever been a repeat customer for any 100% product. I don't think it's a stretch to say that the brand has problems. Between friends, family, people at the track/ on the trail, I've seen multiple different types of failures from multiple different 100% products. Some of which were replaced by 100% which is great. Then the replacement fails. I'm not here to bash 100%. I'm just defending my statement that in my experience it's not surprising to see that their new goggle is of the same quality of previous products that I've witnessed in the past. Hopefully in the future they'll put an emphasis on quality over margins and not have to factor in as many warranty replacements.
I ride 6 to 10 20 minute sessions per week and my experience with 100% has not be a bad one at all, I have used them for 5 years now and I have yet to have any goggle issue.
I have used the Armegas several times now and I have not had a pin break off.

CivBars
7/9/2019 12:20pm
CivBars wrote:
I can only assume that riding, pulling tear offs, being in a gear bag etc would be just as stressful on the goggles as them being...
Preston412 wrote:
I ride 6 to 10 20 minute sessions per week and my experience with 100% has not be a bad one at all, I have used...
I ride 6 to 10 20 minute sessions per week and my experience with 100% has not be a bad one at all, I have used them for 5 years now and I have yet to have any goggle issue.
I have used the Armegas several times now and I have not had a pin break off.

Good to hear! I also see that your signature thanks 100% for their support. Everyone I'm talking about paid retail and isn't under contract.

I'm excited to hear that EKS is coming out with something new if that's the case.
77Moto
7/9/2019 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 12:41pm
All these new goggles suck. I just want normal goggles like Pro frames or Scott 89s. Cheap, they work, they don't get dirt in them, and they dont F up.

Seriously, for the cost of these new pieces of shit, are they any better? Outriggers for straps, most have zero nose protection and can't add a 1/2 mask like the old styles.

I laugh when people bitch their 100 -150 dollar goggles get dirt in them when 30 years ago they didn't for the cost of 14.99.

On top of that, the new ones are so damn big they don't even fit in the helmet!
And who needs gimmicky bullshit like magnet lenses?
Also, the old style goggles have 20 different color lenses for less than 8 bucks each.

Spooner
7/9/2019 1:23pm
Yeah all the brands still make basic $20-$30 goggles so you can stop freaking out now.
Preston412
7/9/2019 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 2:37pm
CivBars wrote:
Good to hear! I also see that your signature thanks 100% for their support. Everyone I'm talking about paid retail and isn't under contract. I'm excited...
Good to hear! I also see that your signature thanks 100% for their support. Everyone I'm talking about paid retail and isn't under contract.

I'm excited to hear that EKS is coming out with something new if that's the case.
I understand...just wanted to let you know that their goggles do hold up even with excessive use and I get the same goggles the retail consumers get.
There are other good goggles out there as well.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/9/2019 4:03pm
CivBars wrote:
"I'm not here to bash 100%..."

But you're doing a great job of it.
CivBars
7/9/2019 4:12pm
GuyB wrote:
"I'm not here to bash 100%..."

But you're doing a great job of it.
"you're doing a great job"

Thanks!

Would 100% be revising anything if there wasn't an issue?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/9/2019 4:15pm
CivBars wrote:

Thanks!

Do you even use the product? You sound like a rep for a competing brand.
7/9/2019 4:32pm
Wow I didn't want to start a goggle war, only wanted to post Ryan Breece's cool picture and find out if he has a ride for the 2020 SX series. LOL.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/9/2019 4:34pm
Wow I didn't want to start a goggle war, only wanted to post Ryan Breece's cool picture and find out if he has a ride for...
Wow I didn't want to start a goggle war, only wanted to post Ryan Breece's cool picture and find out if he has a ride for the 2020 SX series. LOL.
I hear ya. This went a lot sideways.

I'll be curious to see the new EKS goggles, and it's probably a little too early to know what Ryan's up to for next year.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/9/2019 4:42pm
CivBars wrote:

Thanks!

GuyB wrote:
With the volume and content of his posts he sounds like another re-tread on his 100th screen name
CivBars
7/9/2019 4:43pm
No dog in this race. I've used multiple 100% products in the past and was less than satisfied. Seeing others have issues as well tells me that it wasn't user error on my part or a manufacturing defect and having competing brands outperform them from my own personal experience isn't encouraging me to go back to 100%. I haven't tried the Armega's but the new foam and HiPER lens are tempting. I'm not in the market for new goggles right now as everything I have work great. After the revision, if I see that the Armega's are doing well and when the time comes for me to invest in a new set of goggles I might take them into consideration.
CivBars
7/9/2019 4:50pm
CivBars wrote:

Thanks!

GuyB wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
With the volume and content of his posts he sounds like another re-tread on his 100th screen name
Thank you?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/9/2019 4:51pm
GuyB wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
CivBars wrote:
Thank you?
That wasn't a compliment

Post a reply to: New x-Brand goggles???

The Latest