New trend of politics in moto media that's bugging me (For Matthes, Anton, Ping, Cox, DBo, JT and whoever else...)

fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
7/9/2020 12:24pm
scott_nz wrote:
yeah. naaa, there is a bit of fairy dust in there, mate. (i have a ex pat south african employee who tells me how bad it...
yeah. naaa, there is a bit of fairy dust in there, mate. (i have a ex pat south african employee who tells me how bad it is there, feel for you guys) Ardern has done a good job fronting it, but the sparkle is starting to fade a bit,

, but we have some very big advantages, mainly that we are a low population on small islands in the middle of the pacific, with very limited access, one level of government (no states to argue with each other) also, we have been well governed for at least the last generation with a low debt so we are in a better position to handle it, what worked here would not work in many bigger countries,

but we are still very early in this, i think the fall out is going to huge as out tourism industry is dead, and it was our biggest foreign money earner,

but I agree with your point, we are dam lucky to be on this island in the middle of the south pacific when stuff like this happens,
Did you forget about the other island Scott? Woohoo
7/9/2020 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2020 12:24pm
Why is anybody over the age of 18 still on social media? Seriously, grow the fuck up. do something useful with your time. Delete your social media accounts.
peelout
7/9/2020 12:26pm
people that are intolerant of other's views need to stay off social media. in my opinion, social media is causing more division than any of the actual issues in the world.

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/9/2020 12:36pm
scott_nz wrote:
yeah. naaa, there is a bit of fairy dust in there, mate. (i have a ex pat south african employee who tells me how bad it...
yeah. naaa, there is a bit of fairy dust in there, mate. (i have a ex pat south african employee who tells me how bad it is there, feel for you guys) Ardern has done a good job fronting it, but the sparkle is starting to fade a bit,

, but we have some very big advantages, mainly that we are a low population on small islands in the middle of the pacific, with very limited access, one level of government (no states to argue with each other) also, we have been well governed for at least the last generation with a low debt so we are in a better position to handle it, what worked here would not work in many bigger countries,

but we are still very early in this, i think the fall out is going to huge as out tourism industry is dead, and it was our biggest foreign money earner,

but I agree with your point, we are dam lucky to be on this island in the middle of the south pacific when stuff like this happens,
Ha ha. You mean waiheke ?
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
7/9/2020 12:41pm
scott_nz wrote:

scott_nz wrote:
HAHAHA!
7/9/2020 12:49pm
peelout wrote:
people that are intolerant of other's views need to stay off social media. in my opinion, social media is causing more division than any of the...
people that are intolerant of other's views need to stay off social media. in my opinion, social media is causing more division than any of the actual issues in the world.

if people who were intolerant of others views stayed off social media, there wouldn't be anyone left.

Social media is a cess pool.

(here come the "well, Vital is social media" lame comments)

7/9/2020 12:55pm
peelout wrote:
people that are intolerant of other's views need to stay off social media. in my opinion, social media is causing more division than any of the...

It's the meme culture. It's easier to argue with a meme (which is usually not accurate or only partly true), than to think about the issues for themselves and have an actual dialogue with another person.
Motodave15
7/9/2020 12:57pm
The main problem with social media is that it has turned into a Right/Left only type of conversations. I didn't know there was so much hate in people. its only going to continue and get magnified once the election happens and frankly it will probably get worse after that. I've personally always have been interested in peoples opinions and am not afraid to share mine. However there are certain lines in those conversations that should not be crossed if your'e an adult... social media and moto politics keep crossing those lines ad naseaum and i hope it does not affect working relationships when our sport goes racing again. because personal bias is a bitch to overcome without dialog to clear it up and i know some are incapable of having such conversations without vitrol.
Motodave15
7/9/2020 1:01pm
Why is anybody over the age of 18 still on social media? Seriously, grow the fuck up. do something useful with your time. Delete your social...
Why is anybody over the age of 18 still on social media? Seriously, grow the fuck up. do something useful with your time. Delete your social media accounts.
social media has more information faster than any media publications can release across the board...from ghetto stuff in hoods to racing news .01 second after it happens and everything imbetween. Thats why people have social media
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
7/9/2020 1:02pm
Boomslang wrote:
I have family in NZ, they immigrated from SA about 10 yrs ago and say the place is amazing. As I get older a place like...
I have family in NZ, they immigrated from SA about 10 yrs ago and say the place is amazing. As I get older a place like NZ looks appealing. I'm so over travelling back n forth across the US and with all the shite thats going on there I'm not so sure about the "American Dream" anymore.

My only concern I have is to ensure that my two daughters can live their lives in a safe country.
scott_nz wrote:
There are plenty of saffas here , we are lucky that we are a pretty safe peaceful country for sure , it’s a good place to...
There are plenty of saffas here , we are lucky that we are a pretty safe peaceful country for sure , it’s a good place to bring up kids ,
Ya, i have a bunch of mates who have packed up and left for NZ and Oz.

I love my country, we have a awesome climate and we have good chow but the politics, racism from all sides, too many destitute people, the corruption within the government is unbelievable. The farmers are being brutally murdered...the list goes on and on.

Basically, us white bastards will need to get out sooner or later. Its really sad.
EngIceDave
7/9/2020 1:15pm
It's nearly a 50/50 divide and there's a lot of hate building on both sides. Each side is getting very annoyed by the opposing side and...
It's nearly a 50/50 divide and there's a lot of hate building on both sides. Each side is getting very annoyed by the opposing side and the hate increases every day. I know friends who've ended 10 year relationships over the recent political shit storm.

As for you guys who own businesses like Anton and Engine Ice Dave and are publishing your political views publicly, you are ballsy. You are potentially alienating 50% of your customer base with one little comment.

Thank god I was taught to never speak politics in any business environment. When it comes up at a business lunch I just zip it or deflect because nothing good can come of it.

One of my liberal friends owns a retail business and has been spouting off on social media like we do here under alias names. His business is now taking a hit and he's learned his lesson.

Note to business owners - 50% of our population is a lot of people to alienate.
No, I don't do it anymore, that was my point, I can't

Why I hardly post here, just occasionally in moto.
I don't even read non-moto

I keep my personal Facebook page politics free. I don't want to read it or discuss it. If someone who's a "friend" (that word is FUBAR now due to FB and online stuff) insists on doing politics, I unfriend. I usually have to do a bunch during election years.

My personal twitter is my news feed, and I read all views and sides, but keep my thoughts off it for the most part. I don't do politics on insta either.

The company ones are 100% no politics.

I learned my lesson. I have had enough people say they'll never buy my products because of something I said on here (or online).

As I said in this thread prior, I used to be able to speak, discuss and argue on here freely, but as time has gone on and the membership, at least the participating membership on the forum, has both grown and changed (many OG's are gone), I had to stop because it was being used against me, to silence me.

I'm not playing "woah is me" here, is what it is, only discussing what the OP was discussing and how its a tough place for those in the industry. Our whole lives is moto, so when we want to discuss what's going on in the rest of the world, we can catch shit for it, either because no one wants to here the "moto guy" talking anything but moto, or because someone will take shots at your livelihood.

I had to make my own little hideaway place, with a few friends, of all kinds of opinions, to be able to speak freely, and even then it doesn't always work out as hoped.
EngIceDave
7/9/2020 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2020 1:18pm
It's the meme culture. It's easier to argue with a meme (which is usually not accurate or only partly true), than to think about the issues...
It's the meme culture. It's easier to argue with a meme (which is usually not accurate or only partly true), than to think about the issues for themselves and have an actual dialogue with another person.
More true than people believe

It's an unthinking lazy way to argue or discuss something
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/9/2020 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2020 1:27pm
scott_nz wrote:
Edited my original post for you , although I have to admit no mention of cutting The cables between the islands lately Wink
7/9/2020 2:15pm
It's the meme culture. It's easier to argue with a meme (which is usually not accurate or only partly true), than to think about the issues...
Memes have their place. I get a kick out of a lot of them...and the old saying rings true, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Tonynz
7/9/2020 2:52pm
scott_nz wrote:

scott_nz wrote:
🤣🤣🤣🤣
CM_84
7/9/2020 3:11pm
I understand the OP.
there is a really simple solution... the unfollow button
7/9/2020 3:23pm
Throwing out political or lets say gun tweets always gets a huge response. Maybe this is used as a tool to lets say get more hits on your page.
A good time to throw them out is when its quiet.
Take your stats to a prospective buyer/sponsor - Look i had “X” amount of hits on my site last year. Now how many are going to want to look at all them hits. The prospective buyer/sponsor thinks damn that’s a lot of traffic.
Just my 2 cents worth
sandtrack315
7/9/2020 4:21pm
huutnanny wrote:
I wish you would of wrote about Malcolm and Big James. What Malcolm did takes guts. He and Jalek Swoll are the only two black pro...
I wish you would of wrote about Malcolm and Big James. What Malcolm did takes guts. He and Jalek Swoll are the only two black pro supercross riders I can think of. There are certainly some racial disparities in motocross and supercross, but it seems like a topic no one wants to report on or talk about.
EngIceDave wrote:
I know the Stewart's never really wanted it to be about race.

At times they couldn't avoid it, but they never went into it headlong
That’s real. Some people don’t have the luxury to opt out.
Motodave15
7/9/2020 4:50pm
Idk why one of my responses were clipped it was eloquently said and actually had no bias or argumentive points calling anybody out in it... Interesting
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/9/2020 5:08pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Idk why one of my responses were clipped it was eloquently said and actually had no bias or argumentive points calling anybody out in it... Interesting
If you quoted a post and that post was deleted, your post automatically goes with it.
Motodave15
7/9/2020 5:17pm
Motodave15 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If you quoted a post and that post was deleted, your post automatically goes with it.
Ok gotcha
Motoxdoc
7/9/2020 5:26pm
It's nearly a 50/50 divide and there's a lot of hate building on both sides. Each side is getting very annoyed by the opposing side and...
It's nearly a 50/50 divide and there's a lot of hate building on both sides. Each side is getting very annoyed by the opposing side and the hate increases every day. I know friends who've ended 10 year relationships over the recent political shit storm.

As for you guys who own businesses like Anton and Engine Ice Dave and are publishing your political views publicly, you are ballsy. You are potentially alienating 50% of your customer base with one little comment.

Thank god I was taught to never speak politics in any business environment. When it comes up at a business lunch I just zip it or deflect because nothing good can come of it.

One of my liberal friends owns a retail business and has been spouting off on social media like we do here under alias names. His business is now taking a hit and he's learned his lesson.

Note to business owners - 50% of our population is a lot of people to alienate.
“50/50”?....”lots of hate building on both sides”?....we’ll have to agree to disagree on that. I see the split more as 70/30 with most the hate on one side. I don’t think it’s “ballsy” for a business owner to stand with 7/10’s of the public. Also, imo, there’s a big difference between hating systematic oppression, and those who hate the people standing up to that oppression.
APLMAN99
7/9/2020 5:54pm
EngIceDave wrote:
No, I don't do it anymore, that was my point, I can't Why I hardly post here, just occasionally in moto. I don't even read non-moto...

I keep my personal Facebook page politics free. I don't want to read it or discuss it. If someone who's a "friend" (that word is FUBAR now due to FB and online stuff) insists on doing politics, I unfriend. I usually have to do a bunch during election years.

My personal twitter is my news feed, and I read all views and sides, but keep my thoughts off it for the most part. I don't do politics on insta either.

I learned my lesson. I have had enough people say they'll never buy my products because of something I said on here (or online).

As I said in this thread prior, I used to be able to speak, discuss and argue on here freely, but as time has gone on and the membership, at least the participating membership on the forum, has both grown and changed (many OG's are gone), I had to stop because it was being used against me, to silence me.

I'm not playing "woah is me" here, is what it is, only discussing what the OP was discussing and how its a tough place for those in the industry. Our whole lives is moto, so when we want to discuss what's going on in the rest of the world, we can catch shit for it, either because no one wants to here the "moto guy" talking anything but moto, or because someone will take shots at your livelihood.

I had to make my own little hideaway place, with a few friends, of all kinds of opinions, to be able to speak freely, and even then it doesn't always work out as hoped.
What does OG mean.....?
BikeGuy321
7/9/2020 6:03pm
The problem is that people can't acknowledge when their party screws up, or is being totally asinine. Like for instance, I'm a democrat because I don't believe in the rich getting richer at the expense of millions and millions of the rest of us. but I don't support the crazy, gender-identity crap the party is into, unless it's for people who were born with both male and female parts.
ATKpilot99
7/9/2020 6:18pm
EngIceDave wrote:
No, I don't do it anymore, that was my point, I can't Why I hardly post here, just occasionally in moto. I don't even read non-moto...

APLMAN99 wrote:
What does OG mean.....?
Old guard
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
7/9/2020 6:42pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Old guard
Old Guard ? Really ? I'm way out of the modern lingo so to speak but for some fuck all reason I thought it was Original Gangster ? I'll take things old people say for 100 Alex
ATKpilot99
7/9/2020 7:21pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Old guard
sumdood wrote:
Old Guard ? Really ? I'm way out of the modern lingo so to speak but for some fuck all reason I thought it was Original...
Old Guard ? Really ? I'm way out of the modern lingo so to speak but for some fuck all reason I thought it was Original Gangster ? I'll take things old people say for 100 Alex
Maybe he did mean that haha.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
7/9/2020 7:35pm
EngIceDave wrote:
No racing to talk about
No real news either

Gives way to a bunch of buttholes blowing hot air to a crowd of their keyboard "friends"..

Post a reply to: New trend of politics in moto media that's bugging me (For Matthes, Anton, Ping, Cox, DBo, JT and whoever else...)

The Latest