New track in Orange County CA

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2008 6:26 AM

WTF? I can not believe this shit. I am so sick of driving to the 951 so often, 2-3 times a week. Apparently motocross is a crime here in the OC , anyone have any news. (other then Oakley, can't wait to see how long that last)

|

6/21/2008 7:30 AM

I feel your pain. Maybe irvine will put one in their "Great Park" plan.

|

"Cheezus"

6/21/2008 7:38 AM

fcr wrote:

I feel your pain. Maybe irvine will put one in their "Great Park" plan.

bwahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha

|

"Man is, by nature, a warrior." DM 2005

6/21/2008 7:43 AM

The only time I see a new track in Orange County's future is if they add an Anaheim IV to the Supercross schedule.

|

6/21/2008 7:47 AM

this guy could just go ahead and build one.....then everyone would hang at his house!

|

6/21/2008 9:41 AM

GuyB wrote:

The only time I see a new track in Orange County's future is if they add an Anaheim IV to the Supercross schedule.

seriously, we have all seen how poor turnout is for all 3 Anaheim races. Must be no interest here in OC. (sarcasm) It's amazing how much it cost the average family to pack up and drive over an hour away to go ride.

|

6/21/2008 9:49 AM

Saddleback is still pretty much there.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

All we need is a couple of tractors, a water truck, and a small army to keep the sheriffs away.

|

Ask not what your country can do for you, unless you can afford a lobbyist.

6/21/2008 10:30 AM

I live in Orange County, 20 mins from old saddleback, don't think that my family hasn't tried to put a MX track in OC since Saddleback closed !! Not gonna happen anytime soon, people in nice houses don't want people like us (we are motorcycle heathens ya know ha) making noise and dust near them !!

S

|

6/21/2008 10:43 AM

There aren't any neighborhoods within ear-shot, or dust-drift of Saddleback.

The only people that might be affected would be the campers at Irvine Lake.

No one bitches about the land-mover noise, and smell from the dump on the back side of the old park...

Lock and load!!

Let's take Saddleback back!!!!

|

Ask not what your country can do for you, unless you can afford a lobbyist.

6/21/2008 12:49 PM

The Dome plan wasn't even considered for MX or anything else. The tustin city council already had plans in spite of any proposals. It just went to vote.

|

"Cheezus"

6/21/2008 5:36 PM

GuyB wrote:

That ain't happening

|

6/21/2008 5:46 PM

fcr wrote:

The Dome plan wasn't even considered for MX or anything else. The tustin city council already had plans in spite of any ...more

What is "The Dome"? Is it one of the LTA hangers, or what?

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

6/21/2008 6:05 PM

There are some really good tracks here in TX, and we even grow oranges.

|

6/21/2008 8:50 PM

fcr wrote:

The Dome plan wasn't even considered for MX or anything else. The tustin city council already had plans in spite of any ...more

Highsider wrote:

There are 2 Hangars on El Toro Heli base. The Spruce Goose was kept in one. You could actually take off and circle the place in a Cessna is what was said. A group had a plan that included shopping and an Indoor facility for tracks. It, along with other proposals were to be presented to the city council of Tustin. They did not even consider them. It was a done deal. One hangar is going to become a shrine to the history of the bases and the Corp. WOO WOO!!! I am not a fan of the legacy of the leaders of those places.

|

"Cheezus"

6/22/2008 12:03 AM

circle the place in a cessna? Better bring your helmet, it'll lessen the impact with the wall.

|

6/22/2008 10:20 PM

motogeezer wrote:

There aren't any neighborhoods within ear-shot, or dust-drift of Saddleback.

The only people that might be affected would be ...more

Irvine company got sued so bad by Saddleback incidents there will never be a track in any Irvine area/land until the sun burns out !!

|

6/22/2008 10:45 PM

Wasn't there a time 5+/- years ago that the landowners considered reopening at least part of Saddleback? Thought I read in CN an effort to reopen at least part of it...by the owners or another group...

|

6/22/2008 11:08 PM

andymoto wrote:

Wasn't there a time 5+/- years ago that the landowners considered reopening at least part of Saddleback? Thought I read in CN ...more

all wishful thinking...actually 2 attorneys and another business partner opened up saddleback 2 at irvine lake, they found an old stipulation of some sort and snuck the track in for over a year, I had friends who moved to Orange just to live close and ride there, well soon as Irvine Co caught wind oh man they were on that case 24/7 to kill it, the attorneys were smart and kept it going until irvine got smarter and came up with the water shortage and we need to fill irvine lake to capacity and the track goes...poof gone !!

|

6/23/2008 5:15 PM

fcr wrote:

Highsider wrote:

fcr wrote:

There are 2 Hangars on El Toro Heli base. The Spruce Goose was kept in one. You could actually take off and circle the place ...more

I tried to do just that...build at the Blimp hangers. I actually got pretty close to promoting a race for study purposes...but in the end, they didn't see it making money for the area.

Tried to get it done at El Toro marine base...they just didn't want it.

Tried at the old Lion country safari...again no luck.

|

Without the following support, my race program would not be worthy:

SERVICE HONDA ~ MTA ~ IMS ~ GPR ~ SPIDER GRIPS ~ GLEN HELEN RACEWAY ~ NO TOIL ~ FLUIDYNE ~ MAXXIS ~ FREEK RACING ~ SCVET ~ SRA ~ ENGINE ICE ~ ACERBIS

6/24/2008 9:49 AM

Highsider wrote:

fcr wrote:

There are 2 Hangars on El Toro Heli base. The Spruce Goose was kept in one. You could actually take off and circle the place ...more

Slow ~ Pro wrote:

I tried to do just that...build at the Blimp hangers. I actually got pretty close to promoting a race for study purposes...but ...more

My buddy Jason and his dad, their last names escapes me ran practice at Lion Country safari, it was pretty sweet ha.

Um if anyone has pull with the LA County Harbor Master, I would be real interested in talking to you thanks, it's regarding a track.

S

|

6/24/2008 11:57 AM

Sondy132001 wrote:

My buddy Jason and his dad, their last names escapes me ran practice at Lion Country safari, it was pretty sweet ha.

Um if ...more

I remember about 3 or 4 years ago there were big plans to put one in the Harbor area I believe it was somewhere in the wilmington area around the refineries .... it went to the city and turned out one of the things it was zoned for by the city or county was for MX! ... Then it just disappeared, anyone know what happened to that? It was supposed to be a go they even had track designs and plans....

|

6/24/2008 12:59 PM

Did you forget about this?

The Hill

|

- When the Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro

6/24/2008 1:10 PM

Gonzo0100 wrote:

The Hill

where are those pics taken from? that track looks bitchin'.

I wonder if anyone sneaks out to the old saddleback???

|

@endurolyfe 🏴‍☠️

6/24/2008 1:23 PM

Yep, y'all need to come to Texas.

Here in Houston alone, we have 8 MX parks with a total of 12 tracks (advanced) open and running, some 7 days a week. And if you feel like driving about 100 miles in any direction, there are several other MX parks. Gate fees are $15 and several are open a night or two during the week.

We'll leave the light on for ya......

|

6/24/2008 1:29 PM

Nobody is sneaking in there with a dirt bike. But you can sneak in on foot if you're careful. Some of the jumps and old turns are still visible. It's pretty surreal.

|

6/24/2008 1:30 PM

I miss The Hill.... spent countless hours there motoing!

|

6/24/2008 1:38 PM

Why would they want to put an MX track in the O.C ? 99.99% of the residents spend 100% of their time either shopping or getting their nails , hair or boobs done.

|

I've been here 17 years , am I still English, man ???

6/24/2008 1:49 PM

Gonzo0100 wrote:

The Hill

Where was or is that place?....Never heard of it

|

6/24/2008 2:00 PM

Private land, private track. In the hills of Orange County. I never knew the owner, just a friend who knew the owner and he took me there. I dont think I should tell you where it is. The same guy still owns the land, just the track is un-rideable and the road to get there is un-driveable.

|

6/24/2008 2:15 PM

so it's no longer a track [the Hill] or just private?

|

@endurolyfe 🏴‍☠️