New to Phoenix, AZ -- Looking for some people to Ride With

RageD
Hey guys,

I'm new to Phoenix, AZ and am looking for some people to ride with. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat, but figured I'd send a note out here. I've been out here for a few months now from the Midwest (have only ridden 2x solo since I've been here). Now that we're all settled in, I'm looking to get back into more regular riding.

I'm basically a mid-pack C rider in my late 20's. If you don't mind me holding up the back, I'd love to get together and ride at some tracks in the area (ACP, Canyon, wherever else).

Thanks!
|
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
10/27/2018 8:28am
If you Facebook, look up AMRA Racing group. They are all off road racers and spend a lot of time organizing rides. I just left Phoenix otherwise I'd go!
benw127
10/27/2018 10:37am
Pick up a mountain bike, a lot of riding out here.
Bry145
10/28/2018 1:05pm
Hit Carolina's and Chino Bandito for a post ride meal.

ACP and Canyon are both good places to ride. ACP is less crowded.

10/28/2018 2:02pm
Ditto what Mr.Ted said - when I was new to AZ I rode some offroad racess to find peps to ride with. The AMRA is the offroad racing sanctioning body- when I was there the Rockstars MC was the largest club in the state, we had about 100 members and people where always setting up trail and track rides. Was a fantastic group of like minded riders and there's epic riding all around you.

First race I ever went to at the Mile Markers I see this dude with a pick comb (hair comb) stuck in the top of his boot. I think wtf thats kinda weird, then I see a few more guys with this. So ask someone whats up with the pick comb in the boot. It was explained that when you bump up against Jumping Cholla Catcus (collection of spikey balls) and it sticks to you that you reach down grab the comb and use it to pry the catcus off your body. Since you cant touch it with your hands. I happened to have the the pleasure of watching Destry Abbott, Steve Hatch, Goolsbys and other fast as hell dudes lap me that day.

I've seen cactus spikes go clean thru Acerbis plastic hand guards, nasty shit. I remember working a race and I think it was a fire fighter (Tom Johnson maybe) got in the cactus bad- hundreds of spikes in his hand. We tried pulling them with pliers and the spines just broke off leaving the ends in his hands.. Unbelievably he put on new gloves and kept racing.

Hook up with a club and you'll get introduced to the good stuff. Good luck.

The Shop

Kzirk525
10/28/2018 2:11pm
RageD wrote:
Hey guys, I'm new to Phoenix, AZ and am looking for some people to ride with. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat...
Hey guys,

I'm new to Phoenix, AZ and am looking for some people to ride with. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat, but figured I'd send a note out here. I've been out here for a few months now from the Midwest (have only ridden 2x solo since I've been here). Now that we're all settled in, I'm looking to get back into more regular riding.

I'm basically a mid-pack C rider in my late 20's. If you don't mind me holding up the back, I'd love to get together and ride at some tracks in the area (ACP, Canyon, wherever else).

Thanks!
Hey Man,

Welcome to AZ! I've been out here for a year or so...I'm kind of in the same boat. I normally hit Canyon or ACP on the weekends. I'm down to meet up and ride sometime. I'll shoot you a message.

Kyle
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
10/28/2018 5:50pm
Ditto what Mr.Ted said - when I was new to AZ I rode some offroad racess to find peps to ride with. The AMRA is the...
Ditto what Mr.Ted said - when I was new to AZ I rode some offroad racess to find peps to ride with. The AMRA is the offroad racing sanctioning body- when I was there the Rockstars MC was the largest club in the state, we had about 100 members and people where always setting up trail and track rides. Was a fantastic group of like minded riders and there's epic riding all around you.

First race I ever went to at the Mile Markers I see this dude with a pick comb (hair comb) stuck in the top of his boot. I think wtf thats kinda weird, then I see a few more guys with this. So ask someone whats up with the pick comb in the boot. It was explained that when you bump up against Jumping Cholla Catcus (collection of spikey balls) and it sticks to you that you reach down grab the comb and use it to pry the catcus off your body. Since you cant touch it with your hands. I happened to have the the pleasure of watching Destry Abbott, Steve Hatch, Goolsbys and other fast as hell dudes lap me that day.

I've seen cactus spikes go clean thru Acerbis plastic hand guards, nasty shit. I remember working a race and I think it was a fire fighter (Tom Johnson maybe) got in the cactus bad- hundreds of spikes in his hand. We tried pulling them with pliers and the spines just broke off leaving the ends in his hands.. Unbelievably he put on new gloves and kept racing.

The cholla are no joke. Had the same experience with hand guards and boots too. Next leave home with out your comb!
usafwx
10/28/2018 5:52pm
Down in Tucson, I come up to Phoenix area to ride ACP / Canyon every month or two with some buddies up there but the 5 hour round trip blows, if your ever down in Tucson hit me up.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/29/2018 7:41am
I have a buddy in Peoria. He rides ACP and Canyon usually. Rides a 14 YZ450 with no numbers and TLD gear.
thebleakness
10/29/2018 11:27am
Ditto what Mr.Ted said - when I was new to AZ I rode some offroad racess to find peps to ride with. The AMRA is the...

Agreed on all of this. Especially the part of joining a club. I was a member of CTR and ATR and they are both super welcoming with lots of great members.

Anyone remember ArizonaTrailTalk, SouthwestDirtRiders or GoMXRacing when it was popular? There used to be a bunch of good sites to meet people around Arizona but other than a Facebook, I can't think of a good one now a days.

Post a reply to: New to Phoenix, AZ -- Looking for some people to Ride With

The Latest