New to NJ moto

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2020 6:47 PM

Any advice on best places to moto? NJ Field of Dreams or Raceway Park ... good/bad? Any other tracks in the area? Thanks!

|

7/28/2020 5:20 AM

Thats pretty much it.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

7/28/2020 5:33 AM

You can search D6 in PA as well for tracks on eastern side of PA

|

7/28/2020 7:55 AM

Photo
|

7/28/2020 8:49 AM

Both are good spots. Etown will be super close to you. They do VIP practice days on some Fridays where it is pricey at 100 bucks for the day but you get the track basically to yourself.

It gets super crowded on weekends but they will break the practices down to skill levels. (A,B,C,VET, Minis)

Field of Dreams does have a vet track which is more beginner friendly which may be a good direction for you depending on your skill level. Get your feet wet on the vet track before you venture to the national track.

|

7/28/2020 9:54 AM

There are tons of sand pits with awesome natural terrain moto tracks. Need to meet someone locals to show you around. you will not be disappointed, woods riding is on point also.

|

7/28/2020 10:00 AM

|

7/28/2020 10:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2020 10:19 AM

Also from NJ; Used to ride in Bayville sand pits when I was 12-25 (1992-2005). Just got back into the sport last year and finding a more than difficult time locating riding spots. Been to Englishtown and like the new track, but I'm almost 40 and would like a moto track with less jumps.

Need to get down to Millville Field of Dreams and give their tracks a few turns.
Google Earth shows me a sand pit adjacent to Wall Speedway (Rt34/Hurley's Pond Rd) but I've yet to find access with a pick up truck.

Etown:

Bayville Sand Pit:

|

7/28/2020 10:37 AM

I live in Philly but ride in NJ a lot. For MX tracks, it's just FOD or Etown. There's a bunch of sand pits, private tracks, i.e. locals only type of places to ride but I don't think any of them are legal with exception of private property tracks.

The other option is having a platted street legal dirt bike. That opens us a lot of the public lands and it's legal to ride there on the double track / jeep trails. I think single track is technically illegal still but if your bike is legal you probably won't get hassled by Rangers. In my interactions with them they were more interested in the big groups of quads that go out there with 30 packs of beer and tear shit up.

I usually just stick to FOD or Etwon but there's a ton of places to ride

|

7/28/2020 11:04 AM

Good idea posting where to ride at local pits PreMix. The homes bordering the pit love 20 bikes cutting motos . Who doesn't? That's why there are so many places to ride.

|

7/28/2020 12:24 PM

it sucks chatsworth went away because you could ride there pretty much anyday of the week and the track was tame.

|

7/28/2020 8:49 PM

MaxPower wrote:

Good idea posting where to ride at local pits PreMix. The homes bordering the pit love 20 bikes cutting motos . Who doesn't? ...more

Basically why I don’t show my spots to people now a days. Word spreads fast and bang you got 90 new kids showing up ruining the spots

|

7/29/2020 9:39 AM

Pagoda mx in Birdsboro has a race this weekend, practice Saturday race Sunday and the new layout isn’t very jumpy but is a fun track

|

7/30/2020 1:57 PM

ben5020 wrote:

Pagoda mx in Birdsboro has a race this weekend, practice Saturday race Sunday and the new layout isn’t very jumpy but is a fun ...more

Awesome, so I'll add that one to the list. Thanks guys, so recap: I've got legit MX at FOD, Etown, and Pagoda all within a 2hr (or less) radius. Okay, maybe this move to NJ won't be as painful as I thought. See you out on the track Gents.

|

7/30/2020 2:00 PM

Premix4Life wrote:

Also from NJ; Used to ride in Bayville sand pits when I was 12-25 (1992-2005). Just got back into the sport last year and ...more

2 smoke for life. Thx PreMix

|