New to MD- places to ride?

fluxracing223
Hey guys just moved to Hagerstown MD. Looking for ride recommendations, and some new riding buddies, Currently racing the 25 plus class. I took a short ride out to tomahawk, which seems like a awesome track.
|
Sean_Bassett
7/28/2018 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 12:21pm
Hey guys just moved to Hagerstown MD. Looking for ride recommendations, and some new riding buddies, Currently racing the 25 plus class. I took a short...
Hey guys just moved to Hagerstown MD. Looking for ride recommendations, and some new riding buddies, Currently racing the 25 plus class. I took a short ride out to tomahawk, which seems like a awesome track.
I hear Tomahawk MX is pretty badass. Come out to Field of Dreams in NJ
fluxracing223
7/28/2018 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 12:30pm
Hey guys just moved to Hagerstown MD. Looking for ride recommendations, and some new riding buddies, Currently racing the 25 plus class. I took a short...
I hear Tomahawk MX is pretty badass. Come out to Field of Dreams in NJ
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
7/28/2018 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 12:46pm
Im just north of you a little bit in Chambersburg.

Doublin Gap MX is in Shippensburg, probably 45 mins to an hr away. Happy Ramblers is over past Gettysburg, near Hanover, so probably about an hour away too.

I dont really ride much now, there was like 3 backyard tracks close by that would let people ride, but all have been shut down due to housing developments or accidents. That happened about 10 years ago so I sold my CR125 and bought a KLX 110L back in 2010, The only bike I have is a newer KLX 110L right now, I am saving up for some land at which time I am going to get a 125 or an Alta.
7/28/2018 12:44pm
Budds Ceeek. Well worth the drive for you with open practice frequently

The Shop

fluxracing223
7/28/2018 12:51pm
Budds Ceeek. Well worth the drive for you with open practice frequently
I used to ride budds often I’m coming from Fredericksburg VA, just not a fan of the track in reverse. He says he’s gone let the nationals turn it back around and keep it that way. Loved it in the original direction.
fluxracing223
7/28/2018 12:52pm
mx 219 wrote:
Im just north of you a little bit in Chambersburg. Doublin Gap MX is in Shippensburg, probably 45 mins to an hr away. Happy Ramblers is...

Doublin Gap MX is in Shippensburg, probably 45 mins to an hr away. Happy Ramblers is over past Gettysburg, near Hanover, so probably about an hour away too.

I dont really ride much now, there was like 3 backyard tracks close by that would let people ride, but all have been shut down due to housing developments or accidents. That happened about 10 years ago so I sold my CR125 and bought a KLX 110L back in 2010, The only bike I have is a newer KLX 110L right now, I am saving up for some land at which time I am going to get a 125 or an Alta.
How’s happy ramblers? Doubling gap looks pretty fun from Vidéos.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
7/28/2018 1:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 1:11pm
mx 219 wrote:
Im just north of you a little bit in Chambersburg. Doublin Gap MX is in Shippensburg, probably 45 mins to an hr away. Happy Ramblers is...

How’s happy ramblers? Doubling gap looks pretty fun from Vidéos.
It's alright, It's a place to ride that not too far away. They have videos on youtube.

Oh you can also go to Breezewood Proving grounds, if you get on 70 and head up into PA you could get there. Thats probably an hour away too. They have several tracks to ride at as well.
GregDVT
7/28/2018 1:12pm
If you are sneaky the old Antietam track is right down the Road from twiggs cycle. Comma need to bring your hedges trimmers and weed eater though. It’s been about 6 years since I’ve been.
lumpy790
7/28/2018 1:46pm
GregDVT wrote:
If you are sneaky the old Antietam track is right down the Road from twiggs cycle. Comma need to bring your hedges trimmers and weed eater...
If you are sneaky the old Antietam track is right down the Road from twiggs cycle. Comma need to bring your hedges trimmers and weed eater though. It’s been about 6 years since I’ve been.
Antietam & White Oak .... blast from D7 past
fluxracing223
7/28/2018 1:52pm
GregDVT wrote:
If you are sneaky the old Antietam track is right down the Road from twiggs cycle. Comma need to bring your hedges trimmers and weed eater...
lumpy790 wrote:
Does anyone ride these anymore?
Kyle_McNab
7/28/2018 1:57pm
The landing mx is a nice track also snake creek in de
lumpy790
7/28/2018 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 2:28pm
GregDVT wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Does anyone ride these anymore?
Both closed years ago. White oak was in your old home town Fredericksburg VA
GregDVT
7/28/2018 2:30pm
Kyle_McNab wrote:
The landing mx is a nice track also snake creek in de
Both have great dirt. The landing is only opened sundays though due to an agreement with the county I believe, and snake creek is sadly for sale at the moment.

Post a reply to: New to MD- places to ride?

The Latest