New to Florida. Need to ride. Where?

Edited Date/Time 1/12/2013 4:25am
Im moving to englewood, fl 34223 in two weeks. I ride a yz 125. I've been looking for trails or tracks to ride but everything is like 90 miles away. Which is too far to ride as much as i like. There's gotta be stuff closer. Any pits? I dont really care about it being legal. Im from south jersey s
|
ga_pike
1/10/2013 8:30am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2013 8:31am
Directly from the google search I gave you:

http://www.southfloridamx.com/track_map2.jpg

Looks like Seminole and Sand Mountain are the 2 closest for you. Might want to hit a couple of local shops and see if you can hook up with other locals. Maybe someone has a practice track you can ride. You need to be willing to put in some leg work if your serious about finding places to ride.
72kiteboarder
1/10/2013 8:35am
Hurry and let this kid know where and how to rind in areas that is against the law so he can screw it up for all of us!

The Shop

Titan1
1/10/2013 9:15am
I here there is an organic farmer outside of Dade Dity...at 12902 Duck Lake Canal road...that loves to have 125's ride on her farm....something about how the two stroke exhaust smell really makes her Coonties robust and flavorful...and how the sound of dirt bikes and karts are music to her ears.

And if you can't find it, Chad Reed's compound is right across the road...

Here is a map:

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=28.344377,-82.152404&spn=…
1/10/2013 9:47am
Hurry and let this kid know where and how to rind in areas that is against the law so he can screw it up for all...
Hurry and let this kid know where and how to rind in areas that is against the law so he can screw it up for all of us!
Im not trying to ruin it for anyone, im just thinking here in nj we ride at pits and sand mines all the time cause thats all we have. Idk what its like down there.
Titan1
1/10/2013 9:47am
Yea but im saying I've seen all of that. There both like 90 miles
Away.
Oh...Ooookkkkaaaay....
Flyer523
1/10/2013 10:07am
There is a motocross track in North Port called Serris. It's been there a long time. It is not an official track or anything like that, but a layout that many people use on the side of the road. It's got jumps, a 90 footer and plenty of bumps and turns. It's off of Price in North Port. I am sure you can ask around once in Englewood for exact directions.

There are trails also in North Port that are used weekly.

I personally don't ride there anymore, just do the MX tracks in St. Petersburg (Sunshine), Bartow, East Bay (which is not to far up I-75 North, 50 miles or so), Okeechobee Mx, etc...
1/10/2013 10:09am
Away.
Titan1 wrote:
Oh...Ooookkkkaaaay....
That organic farmer has some nice tracks but is 110 miles away. Probably worth it but i could only go out there on weekends
ga_pike
1/10/2013 10:44am
If you were a real boss, you'd just go out Wheelie Boyz style and ride where ever the F you wanted NFG!
Titan1
1/10/2013 10:52am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2013 11:55am
Away.
Titan1 wrote:
Oh...Ooookkkkaaaay....
That organic farmer has some nice tracks but is 110 miles away. Probably worth it but i could only go out there on weekends
YZ441
1/10/2013 10:58am
ga_pike wrote:
Directly from the google search I gave you: http://www.southfloridamx.com/track_map2.jpg Looks like Seminole and Sand Mountain are the 2 closest for you. Might want to hit a...
Directly from the google search I gave you:

http://www.southfloridamx.com/track_map2.jpg

Looks like Seminole and Sand Mountain are the 2 closest for you. Might want to hit a couple of local shops and see if you can hook up with other locals. Maybe someone has a practice track you can ride. You need to be willing to put in some leg work if your serious about finding places to ride.
Both the tracks this guy mentioned are closed and have been for awhile.
YZ441
1/10/2013 10:59am
Flyer523 wrote:
There is a motocross track in North Port called Serris. It's been there a long time. It is not an official track or anything like that...
There is a motocross track in North Port called Serris. It's been there a long time. It is not an official track or anything like that, but a layout that many people use on the side of the road. It's got jumps, a 90 footer and plenty of bumps and turns. It's off of Price in North Port. I am sure you can ask around once in Englewood for exact directions.

There are trails also in North Port that are used weekly.

I personally don't ride there anymore, just do the MX tracks in St. Petersburg (Sunshine), Bartow, East Bay (which is not to far up I-75 North, 50 miles or so), Okeechobee Mx, etc...
to go off him there is also, Bithlo mx, Bostwick, Pax track, Hardrock, and Waldo... theres a few more around here too but arent open all the time like Gatorback and Reddick.
Jim31
1/10/2013 1:20pm
Look up Serris Blvd. in North Port Fl use goggle earth and get the street view. Its about a block or two off Seris, Miles of single track also but watch out for on coming 4 wheelers who may not be real smart. Been riding there on and off for over 20 years. You wont get in trouble( for now). Huge bowl berms and supercross size sand whoops. The jumps are set up pretty decent right now and average skill can clear them all. Just be careful. This practice track is a serious workout. Right now it has tons of traction. Biggest bowl turns anywhere in Fl
yota
1/10/2013 2:36pm
Croom dude. 2800 acre state off road park. i ride tere all the time, it's about an hour and 15 minutes ea way for me but worth it. Prob 90 minutes north of englewood.
resetjet
1/10/2013 4:11pm
I am from south jersey too, very different down here. Suggest you get involved with FTR. Great fun. floridatrailriders.org
They have links on where to ride also. There is also dirtyfootadventures.com, plus all the ones that others mentioned.

You from Millville area???
1/10/2013 5:06pm
resetjet wrote:
I am from south jersey too, very different down here. Suggest you get involved with FTR. Great fun. floridatrailriders.org They have links on where to ride...
I am from south jersey too, very different down here. Suggest you get involved with FTR. Great fun. floridatrailriders.org
They have links on where to ride also. There is also dirtyfootadventures.com, plus all the ones that others mentioned.

You from Millville area???
I lived in shamong, near medford
edgo897
1/10/2013 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2013 5:55pm
Jim31 wrote:
Look up Serris Blvd. in North Port Fl use goggle earth and get the street view. Its about a block or two off Seris, Miles of...
Look up Serris Blvd. in North Port Fl use goggle earth and get the street view. Its about a block or two off Seris, Miles of single track also but watch out for on coming 4 wheelers who may not be real smart. Been riding there on and off for over 20 years. You wont get in trouble( for now). Huge bowl berms and supercross size sand whoops. The jumps are set up pretty decent right now and average skill can clear them all. Just be careful. This practice track is a serious workout. Right now it has tons of traction. Biggest bowl turns anywhere in Fl
Is Serris that big area with all the roads cut through it? I used to ride back there in the late 1970's.
Jim31
1/10/2013 6:56pm
Yes, there are hundreds of paved roads through the area with very few homes any where in that area. I used to ride out there before I-75 was built. Best Quail hunting in SW Fl back then. Serris area is still a lot of fun. There were a lot of top amateurs and pros used to show up and ride years ago. I used to have my site excavator come out with his equipment about every 3 months and build the track. I got tired of 4 wheeler s and trucks tearing it up so stopped
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
1/11/2013 6:31am
Yea i used to ride there in north port all the time with shuttleworth and a bunch of fast guys . Fun whooped out sand with a few jumps. There its also a great mountainbike trail off ladyslipper rd that its actually really fun too. Try www.prosportsusa.com for Florida track list.
Jim31
1/11/2013 3:07pm
Its Serris Dr, if you take Hillsborough Blvd. right where it turns into Raintree Blvd. you turn left on Serris then take your first right, then 1st or 2nd left, cant miss it. There are several other smaller
tracks nearby as well, hope that helps
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/12/2013 4:25am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2013 4:32am
Anyone selling a 125 2 stroke? 02 and up
Look on craigslist....stuff pops up all the time.
http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/fl

Here is an 03 KX that looks clean.
You could probably talk them down some.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/3530686237.html

How are you liking Florida so far compared to Jersey?
I was born in Jersey but grew up in Washington State for the most part and moved down here to FL several years back.
I like it down here. Even though the summers get a bit warm & muggy though and some pretty gnarly storms from time to time,lots of snakes & other crazy shit also. lol Smile

Post a reply to: New to Florida. Need to ride. Where?

The Latest