New team Geico Crf250r

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2017 4:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2017 4:12 PM

Photo

The new team bikes for 2018 look amazing. Im curious how much hp they were able to extract from this brand new engine it seems to have tons of untapped potential.
|

12/5/2017 4:21 PM

Well their HP levels are something we'll never know. But it would be interesting to see what a company like Twisted Development(or something similar) would be able to do with it.

The stock power curve(source: Vital shootout) is weird. The way it lacks low/mid end power is really strange, yet it's a few HPs away from the bikes with most top HP.

|

12/5/2017 4:26 PM

The black forks and red triple clamps set it off! Great looking bike.

|

12/5/2017 4:56 PM

Craig said on the pulp show power has been a struggle but lately they've turned the corner and it's better. He wasn't bragging about power but said the chassis was much better.

|

12/5/2017 5:33 PM

There's no way those are the final graphics?

|

12/5/2017 5:52 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

No way Bro. They made those on the ink jet real quick.

|

United States of America

12/5/2017 5:55 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Camp332 wrote:

Embarrassing for you answering a rhetorical question...
I also think the geico logo looks like an after thought

|

12/5/2017 5:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2017 5:59 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Camp332 wrote:

I'm thinking it needs an extra "3", and maybe a Jersey skate shop logo?

|

12/5/2017 6:20 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Camp332 wrote:

mingham97 wrote:

Embarrassing you came at me all raged on roids and crossfit Bro!

|

United States of America

12/5/2017 8:44 PM

I am not a fan of the black forks I've been seeing lately.

|

12/5/2017 8:55 PM

731chopper wrote:

I am not a fan of the black forks I've been seeing lately.

Same, dont really care for the black frames/swing arms that are popping up more and more also.

|

12/5/2017 8:56 PM

I will admit being biased to the Honda / Geico partnership, but I really like the look of this years bike.

|

12/5/2017 11:22 PM

I dont think these are the final graphics, i remember seeing one of the first pictures of this design and they said that these were just an initial mock-up so keep an eye out for a new design before A1!

|

12/5/2017 11:45 PM

Something about the black forks reminds me of a cheap pit bike for some reason

|

12/6/2017 3:26 AM

Yeah not a fan of the new black kashima Showa A kits on any of the bike, especially not against the red clamps. Bike looks killer though

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

12/6/2017 3:55 AM

Did they just stick a geico sticker over the stock graphics? Those look like shit

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

12/6/2017 5:41 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Did they just stick a geico sticker over the stock graphics? Those look like shit

Temporary graphics, final kit released soon

|

12/6/2017 7:03 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

Yeah not a fan of the new black kashima Showa A kits on any of the bike, especially not against the red clamps. Bike looks killer though

Kashima isn't black. Black is Type III Anodizing.

|

12/6/2017 7:22 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

281moto wrote:

According to ML, the new Showa A Kit is a black Kashima coating:

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Vital-MX-Pit-Bits-San-Diego,39034/Showa-A-Kit-Display,97271/GuyB,64

I highly doubt Showa would go from Kashima coating their top of the range forks/shocks to a normal black anodise....

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

12/6/2017 7:41 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

281moto wrote:

chuckdavies wrote:

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Vital-MX-Pit-Bits-San-Diego,39034/Showa-A-Kit-Display,97271/GuyB,64

I highly doubt Showa would go from Kashima coating their top of the range forks/shocks to a normal black anodise....

Kashima is the company that does the process and they call it black Kashima by their own claim, but I'm no anodizing expert so I'm just going with what I'm told on that one. laughing

|

12/6/2017 8:14 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

281moto wrote:

chuckdavies wrote:

I'm interested in learning more about this. If you come across technical data, let me know. The he said, she said doesn't mean a whole lot to me as the origination source of that statement may not know the difference between Kashima Coat and Hard Anodizing to begin with.

To the other guy, Kashima isn't a company. Kashima is a city and (stolen from their website) "Kashima Coat is a proprietary hard anodizing processing that Miyaki Company of Japan has invented, lubricating molybdenum disulfide deposited via electrical induction into the billions of micro-pores on the surface of hard-anodized aluminum for better lubrication and less abrasion and wear."

http://www.kashima-coat.com/en/experience/whats_cashima_coat.php

|

12/6/2017 10:40 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

Let me guess you are a fan of White Power forks?..................................................(for those who don't get the joke read your MX history)

|

12/6/2017 11:12 AM

Looks good but I've never seen a bike that needs an aftermarket clutch cover so bad

|

KX125

12/6/2017 6:52 PM

Camp332 wrote:

mingham97 wrote:

Camp332 wrote:

Embarrassing you came at me all raged on roids and crossfit Bro!

Im not on roids bro i quit those in 2011 and traded in for clean lifestyle of crossfit, organic food and ecstasy

|

12/6/2017 6:55 PM

That’s an ugly bike.

|

12/6/2017 7:06 PM

Not all the bikes will have the black forks. Just depends on which brand the rider chooses.

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/6/2017 7:16 PM

This look will be hard to beat in my opinion Photo

|

12/7/2017 2:42 AM

If the black Kashima works better, black is what they'll be and I'd expect a lot more black up front to balance out the look if that is the case. I'm guessing there may be higher percentage of moly and therefor less friction in the black coating going of the break-in moly coating that comes standard on better replacement engine pistons.

|

12/7/2017 5:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2017 5:50 AM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

This look will be hard to beat in my opinion Photo

Only thing that bugs me with that look is the white front number plate. Why not just make it red, or even black to match the other plates. White just sticks out like a sore thumb on that build, just my opinion.

|

12/7/2017 9:10 AM

Photo

|