New rule changes for this upcoming weekend

bigk218
Fantasy
3130th
7/18/2019 1:19am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 1:48pm
With all the inconsistencies relating to the penalty system in our sport, what are the chances that the “rule makers” were able to sit down, devise a plan going forward, and somehow implement said plan over the week off.

The insane amount of attention the track “cutting” incidences have caused lately have exposed major flaws in the system that needs to be addressed sooner than later. If anything for a safety stand point but also as a fan this whole thing is just frustrating.

What’s going to happen this weekend, just wing it and hope a similar situation to the week before last doesn’t happen again?
|
JustMX
7/18/2019 2:11am
New to motocross are we?
VET176
7/18/2019 2:55am
You should try Hare Scrambles.......Shocked
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
7/18/2019 2:59am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 3:01am
There is an easy solution to this. i am really baffled that noone thought about this before... really

F this BS!!!

replace it with this.

minefield behind this is optional but highly encouraged.
GangGreen
7/18/2019 3:08am
It does appear some thought has been put into having more openings in the repeater banners. That might be all it takes. Incidentally, the "Double-displacement" rule is WAY more flawed than the "Off the Track" rule, and that's been FUBAR for ten years.

The Shop

Kawi15
7/18/2019 5:12am
First off, I do not believe that they are going to change the rule book mid season. There is no reason to make impulsive decisions on the fly because of some perceived rule bending. The rules are working just fine, and if there is a need to address them then the off season is the time to do that.
kb228
7/18/2019 5:21am
Yes, its time for them to be consistent in the rule judgement. Its long overdue actually. This problem has been around for years. AMA officials are clowns
7/18/2019 5:44am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 5:46am
Dog shock collar/buried wire systems. Except put a strobe on their helmet. They cross the electric spline. The strobe goes off until they ride into the penalty box where it’s reset and they go about their way.

But as fans, why does it matter what we think ? It’s same as when people get all ruffled about how the riders aren’t being paid enough. It’s not our job to be their voice. It’s the riders job to be their voice. If they were truly upset about the inconsistencies then they would demand a rule correction.
7/18/2019 6:32am
Rider must re enter the track at the location he went of the track or before that spot. Problem solved. Sorry I guess I should say he or she
jpatz319
Fantasy
1285th
7/18/2019 7:11am
GangGreen wrote:
It does appear some thought has been put into having more openings in the repeater banners. That might be all it takes. Incidentally, the "Double-displacement" rule...
It does appear some thought has been put into having more openings in the repeater banners. That might be all it takes. Incidentally, the "Double-displacement" rule is WAY more flawed than the "Off the Track" rule, and that's been FUBAR for ten years.
I understand that you love your 2 strokes but please stop trying to turn every thread into a "bash 4 strokes" thread. 4 strokes have been around for 20 years now and they are not going anywhere. I think its time you just learn to live with it.
7/18/2019 7:34am
450 wrote:
Rider must re enter the track at the location he went of the track or before that spot. Problem solved. Sorry I guess I should say...
Rider must re enter the track at the location he went of the track or before that spot. Problem solved. Sorry I guess I should say he or she
Yes, let's start making the riders re-enter the track on the backside of a jump or rise so that the other riders, blind to the incident, can run into them and cause even more injuries.

It's not that simple, but it just needs to be consistent and common sense. If AC was penalized then Ferris should have been too. Simple as that.

1st gear and rolling until they can SAFELY re-enter the track, like a F1 pit lane. Take down some of the gaudy overbearing fucking stupid banners lining every inch of the track so they actually HAVE a place to enter safely. Get flaggers better educated and watching so they can do a better job, maybe pay them a few more bucks.
7/18/2019 7:38am
Is there something going on with the magnetic forces on the earth this week? Has to be some kind of record for idiotic posts.
kaptkaos
7/18/2019 7:42am
thephoenix wrote:
Yes, let's start making the riders re-enter the track on the backside of a jump or rise so that the other riders, blind to the incident...
Yes, let's start making the riders re-enter the track on the backside of a jump or rise so that the other riders, blind to the incident, can run into them and cause even more injuries.

It's not that simple, but it just needs to be consistent and common sense. If AC was penalized then Ferris should have been too. Simple as that.

1st gear and rolling until they can SAFELY re-enter the track, like a F1 pit lane. Take down some of the gaudy overbearing fucking stupid banners lining every inch of the track so they actually HAVE a place to enter safely. Get flaggers better educated and watching so they can do a better job, maybe pay them a few more bucks.

This is just too simple and makes way too much sense, its not a viable option for us in 2019.
bvm111
7/18/2019 7:59am
I agree, the way they penalized AC last race was out of Bounds... pun intended Whistling
7/18/2019 8:33am
450 wrote:
Rider must re enter the track at the location he went of the track or before that spot. Problem solved. Sorry I guess I should say...
thephoenix wrote:
Yes, let's start making the riders re-enter the track on the backside of a jump or rise so that the other riders, blind to the incident...

I don’t disagree at all. Maybe enter at the nearest safe location prior to the point of exit. Right now before the AC penalty there was no consiquence to going off the track. Maybe this would slow guys down a bit if there is a defined out of bounds area and a penalty for going outside of that. I do agree there needs to be consistent rule and outlined punishment. Maybe this is the time to address that situation. I know others have gone outside the track many times and I am a fan of AC but when you are a high profile rider like him you also attract the spotlight so he is going to be judged more than others possibly by example.
pbody
Fantasy
518th
7/18/2019 8:42am
Gotta ban the banner repeaters Whistling
Ray_MXS
7/18/2019 8:43am
Your title is missing a question mark
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
7/18/2019 8:44am
450 wrote:
Has to be At the Spot or within 10 feet, if you say or before they will find a way to twist that.
No vagueness at all.
JeepnMike
7/18/2019 8:56am
450 wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
Has to be At the Spot or within 10 feet, if you say or before they will find a way to twist that. No vagueness at...
Has to be At the Spot or within 10 feet, if you say or before they will find a way to twist that.
No vagueness at all.
This sounds fine, 50% of the time when the rider ends up off of the track due to a mistake on their own part. But put your helmet on and boots on when you answer this next part. What about when a rider punts you off of the track from an over-aggressive move? Are you going to be in the mindset to stop, and try to re-enter the course where you just got punted off of the track? Is it fair for you to lose 20 seconds of your lap to turn around and re-enter the course where you left when you did nothing wrong? Will riders start riding more aggressive to shove riders off track knowing the consequences for the rider they just slammed?

IMO the rules as written as we are going to get. They just need to be enforced evenly is the problem.

CivBars
7/18/2019 9:37am
450 wrote:
thephoenix wrote:

What did Ferris do?
sc961
7/18/2019 11:25am
I'll bet there's all kinds of open ballots for rule committee volunteers.
Jump right on in.
7/18/2019 1:48pm
Dog shock collar/buried wire systems. Except put a strobe on their helmet. They cross the electric spline. The strobe goes off until they ride into the...
Dog shock collar/buried wire systems. Except put a strobe on their helmet. They cross the electric spline. The strobe goes off until they ride into the penalty box where it’s reset and they go about their way.

But as fans, why does it matter what we think ? It’s same as when people get all ruffled about how the riders aren’t being paid enough. It’s not our job to be their voice. It’s the riders job to be their voice. If they were truly upset about the inconsistencies then they would demand a rule correction.
You had me at shock collar.

Georgie for President.

Post a reply to: New rule changes for this upcoming weekend

The Latest