New rainbow studios game??

ecoultmx27
8/20/2018 4:35pm
I'd say it will die if Milestone keeps releasing the same games over and over again with minor updates. Not saying Rainbow can do a better...
I'd say it will die if Milestone keeps releasing the same games over and over again with minor updates. Not saying Rainbow can do a better job but I sure as hell am not falling for Milestones scams anymore.
ecoultmx27 wrote:
You consider the strides they have made from MXGP 1 all the way through MXGP Pro(the current pinnacle of moto games, imo) scamming? Have you played...
You consider the strides they have made from MXGP 1 all the way through MXGP Pro(the current pinnacle of moto games, imo) scamming? Have you played MXGP Pro at all? This reeks of a fanboy post in which loyalty trumps facts.

It blows my mind how people don't like the newest offering from Milestone, when it is so obviously the superior moto game on the market right now. It's almost like the US vs Europe debate spilled over into the moto gaming world.
Who exactly am a fanboy of and loyal to? Considering the only MX/SX games I've bought since MX vs ATV Alive came out have been games...
Who exactly am a fanboy of and loyal to? Considering the only MX/SX games I've bought since MX vs ATV Alive came out have been games made by Milestone I can only assume that's where my presumed loyalties lie. No I have not played MXGP Pro, I learned my lesson after the first three renditions of MXGP and MES. You're probably right that scamming isn't the right word as I made the decision to buy the games all by myself but it just seems to me that Milestone is more concerned with getting a game out on a yearly basis despite quality than actually taking time and improving their game. I mean people are STILL complaining about the wonky physics which has been the number one complaint since the first MXGP and from what I can tell they haven't done that much to make them better in MXGP Pro.

Just my opinion, from your past couple posts in this thread it seems like you're the only one who is a fanboy here.
The fact is I purchased both games. You did not. I have no allegiance to Milestone, simply want to give credit where it is due. I'm genuinely enthused about moto games again, like many, Reflex was my go-to for about 8-9 years.

I'm curious, what didn't you like about MES? I was really impressed by that game.
22Ryann
Fantasy
3989th
8/20/2018 4:43pm
Makes account that states they are moto only. Then announce Monster Truck Game FFS

ecoultmx27
8/20/2018 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2018 4:46pm
peelout wrote:
you guys are out of your fuckin' minds if you think Milestone's physics are anywhere near All-Out physics.
ecoultmx27 wrote:
Wow, this is quite the statement. I personally greatly prefer MXGP Pro these days. I have All-Out, just couldn't get into the bike handling, the floaty...
Wow, this is quite the statement. I personally greatly prefer MXGP Pro these days. I have All-Out, just couldn't get into the bike handling, the floaty air physics, the terrible frame rates, the cartoony looking graphics, or the weird outdoor tracks. This post makes me think you haven't put much time into MXGP Pro. Have you completed the training and upgraded your bikes? Tires, suspension, exhaust, and tuning all drastically change the performance of the bikes.

The two games couldn't be more different as far as control, you really have to take proper lines in GP Pro to get around corners well. So are "in-air" physics all you care about in a moto game? If so, other than better looking whips, what do you like about All Out physics over MXGP?

I was slow to come around to the MXGP series, bought all the previous games and never liked them much, but they made big strides with MES and MXGP Pro, I was almost immediately hooked on Pro, staying up too late to play it lately!

So how am I out of my fuckin' mind again?
sdjeff wrote:
I don't think you're out of your mind since we all have different opinions, but I prefer All Out physics over anything from Milestone because it...
I don't think you're out of your mind since we all have different opinions, but I prefer All Out physics over anything from Milestone because it gives you the freedom to ride with style. The skill gap to master the physics is pretty big and so you can tell who's a beginner and who's not. It isn't all about "whips", but if you watch any pro race or even decent rider, every little bump or jump they are manipulating the bike to scrub, whip, setup for a corner, wheelie, etc. I don't get the same sensation doing this with any of Milestones games but do with All Out. Milestone always makes me feel locked in and forces me to ride/play a certain way.
I love all of those things about moto games too. I'm telling you, Pro gives the player the feeling of controlling all of those intricacies of controlling a dirt bike. Want to ride the front tire into a corner because your braking so hard? You can. I noticed how realistic the bike reacts under hard braking. It really does feel like the weight is transferred to the front of the bike, making it easier to let the front tire knife away from you or tuck(think about riding in sand, have to keep your weight back further)
tobz
8/20/2018 9:56pm
peelout wrote:
you guys are out of your fuckin' minds if you think Milestone's physics are anywhere near All-Out physics.
They're both as shit as each other in their own special unique way.

The Shop

8/21/2018 1:57am
No way will rainbow ever do a nationals game. Way too much work for them to be bothered getting it right. They couldn't even replicate the real stadiums when they did the sx series. I've tried to support them throughout the years and make the best of it but the generic bikes, generic ai, crap graphics, 10 mile wide tracks, online that never works, no career, mountain/island unrealistic venues, etc.. etc.. etc.. just all add up to shitty games. The physics are getting better I will at least give them that.

The day in 2011 that I bought Alive expecting it to be a "reflex 2" I was totally let down and left with a bad taste in my mouth. That feeling has never left with these games yet I keep buying every new version hoping they figure it out
8/21/2018 7:05am
Motofinne wrote:
The MXGP and Supercross franchise would die if Rainbow gets the licence and starts making these games.
I'd say it will die if Milestone keeps releasing the same games over and over again with minor updates. Not saying Rainbow can do a better...
I'd say it will die if Milestone keeps releasing the same games over and over again with minor updates. Not saying Rainbow can do a better job but I sure as hell am not falling for Milestones scams anymore.
if you think milestones games are a scam then you should just stop playing moto games.
flatout111
8/21/2018 7:46am
Motofinne wrote:
The MXGP and Supercross franchise would die if Rainbow gets the licence and starts making these games.
You've obviously never played Madden or NHL or NBA then. These games have yearly iterations and, for most years, are just refinements and small improvements. Then once in a while they will overhaul the engine. Much like how bikes are made.

Milestone does the same thing. Mxgp 1 was an insane jump up from MUD. The other games have been small improvements for the most part. I think Monster Energy Supercross was a big leap forward but also think mxgp 3 was a regression so it's not a given to be better. Again, just like bikes.

Post a reply to: New rainbow studios game??

The Latest