New podcast with Cooper Webb

David Izer
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2022 9:04pm
I just dropped a new pod with Coop tonight.

He confirmed he’s missing the outdoors and the reasons behind that decision. He also revealed his plans for next year and answered every hard question about his struggles this season.

It’s a great listen so check it out on your favorite podcaster or over at DMXS.

Thanks and stuff ✌🏼
|
Bradshaw Fan
5/4/2022 6:03pm
David Izer wrote:
I just dropped a new pod with Coop tonight. He confirmed he’s missing the outdoors and the reasons behind that decision. He also revealed his plans...
I just dropped a new pod with Coop tonight.

He confirmed he’s missing the outdoors and the reasons behind that decision. He also revealed his plans for next year and answered every hard question about his struggles this season.

It’s a great listen so check it out on your favorite podcaster or over at DMXS.

Thanks and stuff ✌🏼
link to the podcast?
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/4/2022 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2022 6:24pm
Good interview
Maybe that’ll shut some of the haters up ….

Honda and Yamaha rumors can be put to rest

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/4/2022 9:42pm
sandman768 wrote:
Liner notes?
It’s worth the listen. It’s more about his tone and keeping it real, IMO. There’s no HUGE news, besides him saying he’d be back at KTM next year.

Not to mention you don’t have to listen to the Gypsy guys voice.
tek14
5/4/2022 10:31pm
Can someone quote podcas?
5/5/2022 7:29am
I find it hard to understand the logic of not racing the Motocross series because of a head injury, yet he has been riding Supercross with said head injury.

Also a lot of talk of the "all new" bike, lack of parts etc. First off, everybody is dealing with the logistical challenges and have been for two years now. Second, many guys that have performed better than Webb this season are on a new/different bike than last year.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3906th
5/5/2022 8:12am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2022 8:16am
He’s a 5 time champion. 2 of those in the 450 class. He’s earned the right to do whatever he wants. Even retire with honor.
Funny how everyone was gushing over him just one year ago now they act like he’s a loser. People.
ridge
5/5/2022 8:23am
I find it hard to understand the logic of not racing the Motocross series because of a head injury, yet he has been riding Supercross with...
I find it hard to understand the logic of not racing the Motocross series because of a head injury, yet he has been riding Supercross with said head injury.

Also a lot of talk of the "all new" bike, lack of parts etc. First off, everybody is dealing with the logistical challenges and have been for two years now. Second, many guys that have performed better than Webb this season are on a new/different bike than last year.
The speeds in outdoor motocross are so much greater than supercross, therefore, the chances of smacking your head are greater. Also, motocross isn't really about perfect timing and the riders have to hang it out more to get resilts...which increases the chances of crashing.

Webb said that he's been riding the same bike since he signed with KTM. Maybe the first year (2019 - pre covid), they had to do a lot to the bike, but the following years they didn't have to change much, so the supply/demand didn't affect them as much.

The guys who switched teams obviously like their bikes. It sounds like Cooper hated the KTM in the beginning but is getting to like it more and more. His results at the latter part of the season have more to due with injury than bike setup.
LungButter
5/5/2022 8:39am
ridge wrote:
The speeds in outdoor motocross are so much greater than supercross, therefore, the chances of smacking your head are greater. Also, motocross isn't really about perfect...
The speeds in outdoor motocross are so much greater than supercross, therefore, the chances of smacking your head are greater. Also, motocross isn't really about perfect timing and the riders have to hang it out more to get resilts...which increases the chances of crashing.

Webb said that he's been riding the same bike since he signed with KTM. Maybe the first year (2019 - pre covid), they had to do a lot to the bike, but the following years they didn't have to change much, so the supply/demand didn't affect them as much.

The guys who switched teams obviously like their bikes. It sounds like Cooper hated the KTM in the beginning but is getting to like it more and more. His results at the latter part of the season have more to due with injury than bike setup.
You can't really believe that Motocross has a higher chance of smacking your head that Supercross....

5/5/2022 8:46am
I find it hard to understand the logic of not racing the Motocross series because of a head injury, yet he has been riding Supercross with...

ridge wrote:
The speeds in outdoor motocross are so much greater than supercross, therefore, the chances of smacking your head are greater. Also, motocross isn't really about perfect...

I'll have to agree to disagree on the MX vs Deathcross.

Supply/Demand? They have a race shop, access to CNC machine and 3d printer, great local partners in SoCal. They can create their own supply with many things, so I'm not buying that excuse.

Marv and Mookie are on the same platform, had to make adjustments from last year, and have been more successful.
ridge
5/5/2022 8:52am
LungButter wrote:
You can't really believe that Motocross has a higher chance of smacking your head that Supercross....

Yes I can...for the exact reasons I already stated - riding on the edge at higher speeds.

In supercross these guys ride on the edge mostly in whoops and corners, they can't really send it harder off the jumps because the tracks aren't designed that way.

In outdoors, he who leaves the throttle on longer, hits the bumps faster, launches of the hills farther, usually wins. It's more balls to the wall while supercross is about finesse.
ridge
5/5/2022 8:56am

ridge wrote:

I'll have to agree to disagree on the MX vs Deathcross. Supply/Demand? They have a race shop, access to CNC machine and 3d printer, great local...
I'll have to agree to disagree on the MX vs Deathcross.

Supply/Demand? They have a race shop, access to CNC machine and 3d printer, great local partners in SoCal. They can create their own supply with many things, so I'm not buying that excuse.

Marv and Mookie are on the same platform, had to make adjustments from last year, and have been more successful.
When did Marv start doing well? Later in the season after they figured out the bike (when Copper got hurt).

I have no idea about what supply issues Cooper was talking about, but did you hear the part about them only having 1 practice bike and one race bike in the beginning of the season?
LungButter
5/5/2022 9:13am
ridge wrote:
Yes I can...for the exact reasons I already stated - riding on the edge at higher speeds. In supercross these guys ride on the edge mostly...
Yes I can...for the exact reasons I already stated - riding on the edge at higher speeds.

In supercross these guys ride on the edge mostly in whoops and corners, they can't really send it harder off the jumps because the tracks aren't designed that way.

In outdoors, he who leaves the throttle on longer, hits the bumps faster, launches of the hills farther, usually wins. It's more balls to the wall while supercross is about finesse.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. They never crash in the rhythm sections, its super safe to jump the length of a stadium in 3 leaps.

I could really care less why he's sitting out the Nationals but to say it's for a head injury while he's still out there racing supercross makes absolutely ZERO sense.

I personally know someone who is paralyzed from tipping over while going about 3mph.... speed isn't the only thing that makes crashing dangerous.
tek14
5/5/2022 9:17am
What is Head injury he is talking about?
gt80rider
5/5/2022 9:21am

Is that seriously his excuse? and KTM is cool with that? Do these guys know this makes zero sense and looks incredibly stupid?

Zacho too hurt or whatever to race factory husky sx/mx... but just keeps riding racing everywhere else... WTF???

Dungey retires early... RV too....

and now Paul is cracking??? thought he was too tough to miss a race with injury, let alone without??? These training facilities do nothing but burn people out... minds and bodies... but particularly minds... we've got a gate full of head cases...
LungButter
5/5/2022 9:22am
tek14 wrote:
What is Head injury he is talking about?
The kind that can only get worse in an outdoor crash and not a supercross crash apparently Laughing
Natester551v
5/5/2022 9:26am
I miss DMXS! Just subscribed on Spotify...

Oh, and good interview, Izer!
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
5/5/2022 12:07pm
TogaSet wrote:
He’s a 5 time champion. 2 of those in the 450 class. He’s earned the right to do whatever he wants. Even retire with honor. Funny...
He’s a 5 time champion. 2 of those in the 450 class. He’s earned the right to do whatever he wants. Even retire with honor.
Funny how everyone was gushing over him just one year ago now they act like he’s a loser. People.
Meh....it's the same haters hating on him this year that hated on him last year. WDS (Webb derangement syndrome).

Based on what we've seen of Coops character/resolve....I'm pretty comfortable that he'll be back to "assassin mode" when he returns.

Nobody can doubt his heart at how he's handled himself after some pretty gnarly crashes.....and the awesome come-from-behind wins.
Magoofan
5/5/2022 12:16pm
BTW.....great interview...thanks for sharing.
ridge
5/5/2022 12:21pm
I forgot how incredibly difficult it is to hold a conversation with someone about motocross, when they don't know a fucking thing about motocross.
Roczoff
5/5/2022 12:30pm
Webb ain't exactly a humble guy. Most high-achievers aren't.

Expect him to place blame/explanation more on external sources than on himself. It's critical for his emotional state.

(I think he's a phenomenal athlete, incredibly impressive. Likeable? Nah.)
LungButter
5/5/2022 12:58pm
ridge wrote:
I forgot how incredibly difficult it is to hold a conversation with someone about motocross, when they don't know a fucking thing about motocross.
You're right, I'm having an extremely difficult time with it right now.
Magoofan
5/5/2022 2:19pm
Roczoff wrote:
Webb ain't exactly a humble guy. Most high-achievers aren't. Expect him to place blame/explanation more on external sources than on himself. It's critical for his emotional...
Webb ain't exactly a humble guy. Most high-achievers aren't.

Expect him to place blame/explanation more on external sources than on himself. It's critical for his emotional state.

(I think he's a phenomenal athlete, incredibly impressive. Likeable? Nah.)
Good grief....did you even listen to the interview. He owned up to pretty much everything that was on him.

He even said something about "having his ass kicked" all season long which isn't an easy thing to say after winning the #1 plate last year.

Guy has integrity. Certain types of people see/complain about his arrogance...when it's actually confidence. A disappearing trait in "men" these days.

This stupid crap gets so old.

This season reminds me of how Coop was mentally at the end of his 2nd year on Blue 450.... count him out to your detriment.

cason402
5/5/2022 4:23pm
Great interview David!

As the season blended it was easy to forget that Coop had brought it around to the podium and just almost won Daytona with Eli on his ass most of the way.

Getting landed on by a 450 slows down progress...

Riding through a broken hand, and only riding on the weekend just reaffirms what we all know, he is a badass.

Very interesting that good data collection can point to issues that a rider isn't able to detect.

caution the better part of valor. heal up and ensure a long career, seems like the smart move.
5/5/2022 5:06pm
ridge wrote:
Ridge, seems like a few replying to you, might be suffering from SX concussions?Silly
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2773rd
5/5/2022 5:28pm
i have little to add, but if he actually comes back from this and wins titles again, it'll make for a helluva story...cause he got flat smoked this year. I think he's an arrogant prick a lot of the times, but i suppose it's also why I like him.....good luck Coop.
cool_hand
5/5/2022 5:30pm
I respect his decision. If his head is foggy, and he needs a summer off, so be it. We've seen guys at that level either get burned out and go through the motions like a zombie, or just hit the wall and quit. A summer off with the wife could do him a lot of good.

Post a reply to: New podcast with Cooper Webb

The Latest