New movie about Dirt Bikes! (trailer inside)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2020 4:09 PM

Is it good for the sport?

I would love to believe that any main stream influence may increase bike sales, gear sales, and tickets sold for SX, but I would prefer it to not be presented this way.

I don’t know, but I think I’m OUT on the movie.
|

1/21/2020 4:18 PM

Yeah fuck that.

|

1/21/2020 4:24 PM

Seems more about gang/street life than being about dirt bikes.

|

1/21/2020 4:25 PM

yeah. nope.

|

1/21/2020 4:30 PM

Absolutely not. We do not need that scum involved in our moto community. The only thing this movie will increase is bike theft.

|

1/21/2020 4:33 PM

That's a HELL NO!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

1/21/2020 4:38 PM

trash!!

|

1/21/2020 4:40 PM

If you think stolen dirt bikes are cool, cuz that’s all they’re riding. Everybody lock their shit up. Especially if you’re anywhere close to Baltimore Maryland

|

1/21/2020 4:45 PM

That's not my sport

|

1/21/2020 5:31 PM

Lame

|

1/21/2020 5:35 PM

This thread will be locked in 10, 9, 8, 7, .........

|

1/21/2020 5:40 PM

I think it’s neither here nor there. But in saying that....

BMX Bandits took BMX riding to the mainstream, but in saying that it did have a positive BMX riding component.

Fast and the Furious completely revitalised or built in some cases the import and tuner car scene, which I guess is not racing but so many performance companies are built on the back of it.... could a company come in and make wheelie bars and such?

But then Moto has been used in films for decades as a cool dangerous action thang. XXX had moto jumping and it didn’t do anything. Fury Road had moto outlaws in a post apocalyptic world and it did nothing. 12 o’clock boys was a Doco about this and it did nothing. The moto specific movies, besides maybe winners take all, did nothing. I would say the positive out of this is that it is shown as illegal and it is shown as dangerous. The story surrounding it is probably pretty accurate to street culture - where being part of a gang or a tribe protects you more than the police... but personally I don’t think it’s a negative, no more than Easy Rider painted a bike gang perception on Harley riders - luckily now they just have a lame old fart connection.

one strange thing SE Bikes, literally the creator of BMX is currently the go to standard for wheelie bmx bikes, which is obviously similar to this...

|

1/21/2020 5:58 PM

aeffertz wrote:

I’ve spent a while in North Philly, and I believe there is a clear divide between humans riding for pleasure & sport vs criminal “riding”.

|

1/21/2020 6:05 PM

aeffertz wrote:

slippingclutch wrote:

I’ve spent a while in North Philly, and I believe there is a clear divide between humans riding for pleasure & sport vs ...more

His point was that the goal of the movie has nothing to do with promoting dirt bikes, as the title of the thread implies. The movie is showcasing the reality of life in the inner city, which happens to involve dirt bikes.

|

1/21/2020 6:09 PM

aeffertz wrote:

slippingclutch wrote:

I’ve spent a while in North Philly, and I believe there is a clear divide between humans riding for pleasure & sport vs ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

His point was that the goal of the movie has nothing to do with promoting dirt bikes, as the title of the thread implies. The ...more

Yeah, I saw his point & quoted it for a reason. I agreed with it.

|

1/21/2020 7:59 PM

Where’s the Gun toting criminals drop?

|

1/21/2020 8:10 PM

Yeah, I’m fucking OUT on this shit. Thugs.

|

1/21/2020 8:22 PM

This shitty movie trailer just made me throw up. Has absolutely nothing to with our sport ( MX and SX ). It goes against everything this sport is supposed to be about. Our sport is supposed to be about athleticism , determination to be better in competition , Family , working hard and sacrifice. This is an inner city bullshit , trying to rationalize terrorizing streets , stealing bikes , breaking the law and has absolutely nothing to do with dirt. As in , we use dirt bikes for dirt.........not banging them off car doors in traffic. Beyond stupid!

|

" And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

1/21/2020 8:33 PM

On any Sunday had a positive impact on our sport...…. just saying

|

1/21/2020 8:33 PM

This is the type of stuff that contributes to people outside our sport perceiving “US” as trash and criminals. That’ll be a F - NO.

|

1/21/2020 9:16 PM

cz2crf2wc wrote:

On any Sunday had a positive impact on our sport...…. just saying

Oh it did. It’s also a motorbike film. Not a film with motorbikes in it. And I’m sure it brought some new people to the sport but it was mostly preaching to the converted....

This is not a film to promote motocross, this is simply a film with motocross bikes in it using them in ways they were not designed to. Illegal ways, doing illegal things. It’s a movie. It’s not a movie about motocross.

|

1/21/2020 11:43 PM

That’s the biggest pile of shit I’ll see all year. And it’s January 21

|

1/22/2020 12:26 AM

I have a strong feeling that dirt bike theft will rise after the movie is released.
“Attention all Vital Members and dirt bike owners” start taking extra precautions to lock up your bike.
That’s my take from the trailer

|

1/22/2020 1:07 AM

Jada smith and will smith tho! Lol

|

1/22/2020 5:26 AM

And with that, I"m going to go make sure my theft insurance policy is up to date...

|

1/22/2020 8:58 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

This shitty movie trailer just made me throw up. Has absolutely nothing to with our sport ( MX and SX ). It goes against ...more

Get em Jeffro

|

1/22/2020 9:18 AM

And FOX supports it

|

1/22/2020 9:20 AM

thepelican wrote:

And FOX supports it

Thankfully, we made the switch to NBC wink

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

1/22/2020 9:37 AM

Photo

You guys remember the dirt bike scenes from this movie?
|

1/22/2020 1:04 PM

Not very authentic, missing the numbers and graphics that someone else bought.

|