MX Bikes Gameplay (Video Game)

G-DUB
9/10/2017 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2019 6:00am
|
Cmiller493
9/10/2017 5:22pm
Its going to take a LOT of work to even be on the same playing field as MX Sim as far as physics go.
9/10/2017 6:15pm
if anyone finds any new info on the new supercross 2018 milestone game or the new mxvsatv game PLEASE leave a link here. i can't believe there's no leaked info anywhere to be found yet. some nob said mxvsatv was releasing the new game under the name mxvsatv unleashed but that doesn't make any sense cause that's an old game.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/10/2017 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2017 7:12pm
if anyone finds any new info on the new supercross 2018 milestone game or the new mxvsatv game PLEASE leave a link here. i can't believe...
if anyone finds any new info on the new supercross 2018 milestone game or the new mxvsatv game PLEASE leave a link here. i can't believe there's no leaked info anywhere to be found yet. some nob said mxvsatv was releasing the new game under the name mxvsatv unleashed but that doesn't make any sense cause that's an old game.
I guess the knob you're referring to is me since I'm the one that said MX vs ATV Unleashed is being released. Old game or not, ever heard of a reboot? They own the right to the name. It's being released for the PS4.

Before calling someone a knob do your fucking research that way you won't look like a moron next time.

The Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated the game. Take a look for yourself.

Click where it says platform and you'll see that I checked out PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the only result that comes up is for the PS4.

And nothing shows up for Milestones new MX/SX game.

The Shop

SEE ARE125
9/10/2017 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2017 7:16pm
if anyone finds any new info on the new supercross 2018 milestone game or the new mxvsatv game PLEASE leave a link here. i can't believe...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I guess the knob you're referring to is me since I'm the one that said MX vs ATV Unleashed is being released. Old game or not...
I guess the knob you're referring to is me since I'm the one that said MX vs ATV Unleashed is being released. Old game or not, ever heard of a reboot? They own the right to the name. It's being released for the PS4.

Before calling someone a knob do your fucking research that way you won't look like a moron next time.

The Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated the game. Take a look for yourself.

Click where it says platform and you'll see that I checked out PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the only result that comes up is for the PS4.

Interesting. Also of note, the company name is THQ Nordic, which is a new company formed by Nordic Games in August 2016. Nordic Games made MX vs ATV Supercross and Supercross Encore, THQ Nordic is a new company and I don't believe they have made any games yet(certainly not MX games). This also points to it being a new game. Good find!! ...you knob. Tongue
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/10/2017 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2017 7:35pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I guess the knob you're referring to is me since I'm the one that said MX vs ATV Unleashed is being released. Old game or not...

SEE ARE125 wrote:
Interesting. Also of note, the company name is THQ Nordic, which is a new company formed by Nordic Games in August 2016. Nordic Games made MX...
Interesting. Also of note, the company name is THQ Nordic, which is a new company formed by Nordic Games in August 2016. Nordic Games made MX vs ATV Supercross and Supercross Encore, THQ Nordic is a new company and I don't believe they have made any games yet(certainly not MX games). This also points to it being a new game. Good find!! ...you knob. Tongue
Exactly. THQ Nordic are the ones that purchased the the rights to series.

This doesn't mean that it's THE new game coming out from Nordic however it is A new game coming out for the PlayStation 4.

That being said it could very well be the new game coming out and that it just hasn't been rated yet for the Xbox One.

Assuming Vital still gets access to the test/viewing we should know more about it if they are allowed to mention anything once it's over.

Edit: Nordic Games is THQ Nordic and they're the one's that made MX vs ATV Supercross.
9/10/2017 8:31pm
ok goobtrons, it's a review on the game that's already out. nothing on that site talks about a new release of the game. they wouldn't release a new game with a same exact old title. read the bold words on the pic n
9/10/2017 8:37pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

that's from back in January. i wonder if you realize now that the new game isn't called mxvsatv unleashed?
9/10/2017 8:55pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:
Interesting. Also of note, the company name is THQ Nordic, which is a new company formed by Nordic Games in August 2016. Nordic Games made MX...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Exactly. THQ Nordic are the ones that purchased the the rights to series. This doesn't mean that it's THE new game coming out from Nordic however...

This doesn't mean that it's THE new game coming out from Nordic however it is A new game coming out for the PlayStation 4.

That being said it could very well be the new game coming out and that it just hasn't been rated yet for the Xbox One.

Assuming Vital still gets access to the test/viewing we should know more about it if they are allowed to mention anything once it's over.

Edit: Nordic Games is THQ Nordic and they're the one's that made MX vs ATV Supercross.
do your 'research' BRO
Jaze
9/11/2017 1:55am
Is this same game as mx sim, but whit better engine?
Physics look like the same and sounds too.
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
9/11/2017 4:07am
Mx bikes is out for a while now it has some serious potential, I really like it tho. But for now I will stick to mx sim
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/11/2017 4:24am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Exactly. THQ Nordic are the ones that purchased the the rights to series. This doesn't mean that it's THE new game coming out from Nordic however...

do your 'research' BRO
List of upcoming games. Scroll down and take a look!

If you're too lazy here's a pic.
TBA 2017. (To Be Announced)

Concerning the January tweet earlier this year, that's when the ESRB finalized the rating and it's just an announcement saying the game got a rating approval and that it's been rated E10+.

How come there's no PS4 cover art to be found anywhere with MX vs ATV Unleashed on it? Perhaps because it hasn't been finalized yet. Also, how come it's not shown on THQ Nordic's website while every other game they've made is on there? Because it hasn't been released yet.

I wonder if you realize you're still a moron?
flatout111
9/11/2017 4:28am
If Unleashed is released again I give up on Rainbow. That game is garbage. Rubber band AI, air balloon physics and mile wide tracks. No thanks. I'd take MTX or Superfly first.

Please, for the love of God, just create something new for the year 2018. Is it that hard?

I think they are making a new game and all this Unleashed talk is b.s.. They may re release it under the Nordic label but I doubt this is there new game.
defeatist45
9/11/2017 4:33am
A LOT of hostility over a video game. Knobs. Go out and ride.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/11/2017 4:36am
I would if I wasn't paralyzed!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/11/2017 4:52am
flatout111 wrote:
If Unleashed is released again I give up on Rainbow. That game is garbage. Rubber band AI, air balloon physics and mile wide tracks. No thanks...
If Unleashed is released again I give up on Rainbow. That game is garbage. Rubber band AI, air balloon physics and mile wide tracks. No thanks. I'd take MTX or Superfly first.

Please, for the love of God, just create something new for the year 2018. Is it that hard?

I think they are making a new game and all this Unleashed talk is b.s.. They may re release it under the Nordic label but I doubt this is there new game.
As I previously mentioned in this thread it's being released for the PS4 and it doesn't mean it's THE new game coming out but simply A new game for the PlayStation 4 console.

It could very well be the new game they plan on coming out with. Just because they use an old title it doesn't mean it's not new from the ground up. Like I already said, ever heard of a reboot/remake?

Just an example how many times have the Batman, Spider-Man, etc. movies been re-made with different actors? All different movies but all part of the same franchise.
greenmx5
9/11/2017 5:07am
I don't know why it is so secretive. Vital keeps deleting anything that has to do with the new MX vs ATV game.

I'm not trying to be negative towards Nordic, but they've milked the whole Supercross thing as much as they could. They're wringing out a dry towel at this point. If they go and release MX vs ATV Unleashed with new physics but the old tracks we all grew to love a decade ago, I wouldn't complain. Just as long as they HIGHLY revamp the physics. I can't stress that enough. Encore's nitro clutch boost and 200ft prelead, nose diving, whip glitching BS made me want to puke.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
9/11/2017 5:47am
If they are going to re-release MVA Unleashed that's cool, Im down, I was one of the best guys online with that game on Live. The thing I would do though is tweak the physics big time. If anyone here has played the REV version of the game by John Van De Lest those physics are pretty legit, especially since they did it in like 09.

Tweak the physics and add real tracks, how hard can it be? Seriously, look at what they have down with MXGP.
MikeyB35
9/11/2017 6:19am
To this day Supercross Circuit for the original PlayStation is my favorite dirtbike game. Once you get over the terrible graphics its a boat load of fun.
flatout111
9/11/2017 6:42am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I would if I wasn't paralyzed!
Touche'. Nothing wrong with gaming. Anything and everything moto related is relavent and important from riding to MX gaming.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/11/2017 6:45am
MikeyB35 wrote:
To this day Supercross Circuit for the original PlayStation is my favorite dirtbike game. Once you get over the terrible graphics its a boat load of...
To this day Supercross Circuit for the original PlayStation is my favorite dirtbike game. Once you get over the terrible graphics its a boat load of fun.
Terrible graphics compared to today's gaming system yes but back then it was great especially compared to the Carmichael games. I still remember when you hit those inside ruts how much of a difference it made in your corner speed. Sure the ruts were always in the same spot but it was a first in MX gaming. Nothing before that had anything like it.

Supercross Circuit was very good for the time.
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
9/11/2017 7:13am
ok goobtrons, it's a review on the game that's already out. nothing on that site talks about a new release of the game. they wouldn't release...
ok goobtrons, it's a review on the game that's already out. nothing on that site talks about a new release of the game. they wouldn't release a new game with a same exact old title. read the bold words on the pic n
You're an idiot. Videogames and movies are re-booted all the time.

Doom 1993/2016 being one of the major recent ones. It's quite common.
tprice07
9/11/2017 8:11am
flatout111 wrote:
If Unleashed is released again I give up on Rainbow. That game is garbage. Rubber band AI, air balloon physics and mile wide tracks. No thanks...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
As I previously mentioned in this thread it's being released for the PS4 and it doesn't mean it's THE new game coming out but simply A...
As I previously mentioned in this thread it's being released for the PS4 and it doesn't mean it's THE new game coming out but simply A new game for the PlayStation 4 console.

It could very well be the new game they plan on coming out with. Just because they use an old title it doesn't mean it's not new from the ground up. Like I already said, ever heard of a reboot/remake?

Just an example how many times have the Batman, Spider-Man, etc. movies been re-made with different actors? All different movies but all part of the same franchise.
They are making a new game, a while back a certain someone that hosts a podcast and also has a band mentioned recording a few new songs down in Phoenix for a video game.

Based on the information we have it is likely to be a reboot like you said. I'm somewhat shocked that they are reusing the title but I think they are making a point of scraping a lot of the games that were harshly criticized. Untamed and Reflex were not necessarily loved and they marked the end of a lot of the offroad and freeride vehicles.

I think by going back to Unleashed they are bringing back the monster trucks, trophy trucks, utvs, planes etc. That will appeal to a much broader demographic. The open world with tons of vehicles is much more likely to sell a bunch of copies than a strictly motocross/atv game.

Also, the character/bike relationship on unleashed was a step in the right direction. The character actually controlled the bike vs the controller controlling the bike and the rider just basically an extension of the bike. I think that momentum/rhythm racing will make for a much more fluid and satisfying game in the end.

Look at any offroad game that has come out lately...the physics suck! Go back and play with the monster trucks on unleashed...it's considerably better than a lot of games. Anyhow, I'm happy they are back up and looking at some alternatives. I thought Supercross Encore was a major improvement over Alive so I'm anxious to see what they come up with. Hopefully I can get my hands dirty with them and build up some replica skins.

9/11/2017 8:23am
Why such anger and name calling over a few very vague clues on the internet about a game that nobody really knows about? Back to the tread topic. mx bikes is sort of cool, but doesn't really have much playability right now. The game just feels very far from completion, while mx simulator feels perfect. I really love mx sim, and anyone who has played enough to be able to ride the game well usually agrees that it's the closest thing to riding while not actually riding. I think mx bikes can end up being really good in a few years, but right now it's just too early.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/11/2017 8:30am
flatout111 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
As I previously mentioned in this thread it's being released for the PS4 and it doesn't mean it's THE new game coming out but simply A...

tprice07 wrote:
They are making a new game, a while back a certain someone that hosts a podcast and also has a band mentioned recording a few new...
They are making a new game, a while back a certain someone that hosts a podcast and also has a band mentioned recording a few new songs down in Phoenix for a video game.

Based on the information we have it is likely to be a reboot like you said. I'm somewhat shocked that they are reusing the title but I think they are making a point of scraping a lot of the games that were harshly criticized. Untamed and Reflex were not necessarily loved and they marked the end of a lot of the offroad and freeride vehicles.

I think by going back to Unleashed they are bringing back the monster trucks, trophy trucks, utvs, planes etc. That will appeal to a much broader demographic. The open world with tons of vehicles is much more likely to sell a bunch of copies than a strictly motocross/atv game.

Also, the character/bike relationship on unleashed was a step in the right direction. The character actually controlled the bike vs the controller controlling the bike and the rider just basically an extension of the bike. I think that momentum/rhythm racing will make for a much more fluid and satisfying game in the end.

Look at any offroad game that has come out lately...the physics suck! Go back and play with the monster trucks on unleashed...it's considerably better than a lot of games. Anyhow, I'm happy they are back up and looking at some alternatives. I thought Supercross Encore was a major improvement over Alive so I'm anxious to see what they come up with. Hopefully I can get my hands dirty with them and build up some replica skins.

Are you talking about single joystick control vs. double joystick control?

1 joystick that controls both the bike and rider at the same time vs. 2 joysticks that operates both the rider and bike independently?
flatout111
9/11/2017 8:49am
I'll just leave this here. For certain.Whatever the new game is it won't just be a release of the old game. They may call it the same name but I kinda doubt it. It will be a new game. Stamp it.

Maybe someone on Vital could help us!! Lol.Smile

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/11/2017 8:53am
^^^ You're correct it's not a re-release.
tprice07
9/11/2017 9:20am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Are you talking about single joystick control vs. double joystick control? 1 joystick that controls both the bike and rider at the same time vs. 2...

1 joystick that controls both the bike and rider at the same time vs. 2 joysticks that operates both the rider and bike independently?
No, the dual stick control was an awesome innovation. I do think by doing that they lost some of what they were doing in Unleashed.

Untamed, Reflex, Alive the rider is stiff and weightless...and your controller simply control the bike.

Unleashed the rider has weight. You control the rider...which in turn controls the bike. The rider reacts to the bikes movements.

Compare Reflex and Unleashed through rhythm sections and whoops. You'll see a stiff board vs a rag doll. If you clip a landing on Unleashed it throws the rider forward...on Reflex the guy looks like Weston Peick coming down Glen Helen's hill.

Reflex: https://youtu.be/_AI6m38ivKA?t=1m55s
Unleashed: https://youtu.be/pmWPn3BONkk?t=4m39s

Supercross Encore started to bring back that feeling a bit. I was happy with it..but it lacked the snap of momentum in a whip that you could get from Reflex if you went off the face of the jump just right.

Side note, I mapped the gyro of a ps4 controller to control the lean and steering of Supercross Encore here:

flatout111
9/11/2017 9:50am
Wait. Unleashed has weight?? Um..we'll agree to disagree.

That is one of the floatiest games ever. Ugh. Alive had proper weight but did have air drag.

See this is the problem. Everyone is all over the map about what's good and what's not. I think Unleashed is pitiful. Alive felt most on point with weight and correct track scale and speed. But other than the JS7 tracks the other tracks were garbage.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/11/2017 10:26am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Are you talking about single joystick control vs. double joystick control? 1 joystick that controls both the bike and rider at the same time vs. 2...

tprice07 wrote:
No, the dual stick control was an awesome innovation. I do think by doing that they lost some of what they were doing in Unleashed. Untamed...
No, the dual stick control was an awesome innovation. I do think by doing that they lost some of what they were doing in Unleashed.

Untamed, Reflex, Alive the rider is stiff and weightless...and your controller simply control the bike.

Unleashed the rider has weight. You control the rider...which in turn controls the bike. The rider reacts to the bikes movements.

Compare Reflex and Unleashed through rhythm sections and whoops. You'll see a stiff board vs a rag doll. If you clip a landing on Unleashed it throws the rider forward...on Reflex the guy looks like Weston Peick coming down Glen Helen's hill.

Reflex: https://youtu.be/_AI6m38ivKA?t=1m55s
Unleashed: https://youtu.be/pmWPn3BONkk?t=4m39s

Supercross Encore started to bring back that feeling a bit. I was happy with it..but it lacked the snap of momentum in a whip that you could get from Reflex if you went off the face of the jump just right.

Side note, I mapped the gyro of a ps4 controller to control the lean and steering of Supercross Encore here:

I haven't played any MX games in years but do remember the rider being giant like he was riding an 85 and being stiff as a 2 x 4 with the bike floating between his legs in the whoops.

It looked really weird.

Last game I played was MXGP2 and I found it to be really sluggish. Rider in the 3rd person view looked goofy. 1st person view was tolerable but still not perfect. Not sure if MXGP3 resolved those issues or not so I can't comment on that game.

I think I gave Supercross Encore a try and it was useless. Everything about that game was a disaster.

I guess we'll see what's up soon enough if Vital have the right to post/say anything after Nordic visits them.

Post a reply to: MX Bikes Gameplay (Video Game)

The Latest