New Moto Trailer Build!!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2019 6:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2019 6:31 PM

So I am pretty pumped on this build and it tows amazing. I needed a smaller trailer for going to the track but didn’t like any that were out there so I decided to build my own. Let me know what you guys think. For just me I’m really happy with it.

And yes if anyone was wondering it folds in half and can be stored against wall in the garage.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2/7/2019 6:54 PM

Pics of it folded?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/7/2019 7:12 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Pics of it folded?

No not yet, didn’t think to take any at the time but it moves on wheels while folded. I will update thread next time I fold it up.

|

2/7/2019 7:25 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Pics of it folded?

shunter986 wrote:

No not yet, didn’t think to take any at the time but it moves on wheels while folded. I will update thread next time I fold it up.

I say you could probably sell a good amount of those trailers. Being able to fold it and store it in a garage is a lot more convenient than having a trailer sit in the driveway until the next time you need to use it. Not to mention less chance of having it stolen.

How long did it take to build?

|

2/7/2019 7:28 PM

I like it!

|

2/7/2019 7:43 PM

Yeah everyone keeps telling me I should sell them. I could make one in a full day now that I have it down. But two days is easy.

|

2/7/2019 7:48 PM

Not a bad idea for some extra income if you have the time. Could help fund your race season or help add more bikes to your garage. Win/Win.

|

2/7/2019 8:18 PM

I would move the tie down points back to a spot even with your front axle. That would put more downward force and less forward pull and then you could do away with the back tiedown. This is what I do in all three of my trailers.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

2/7/2019 8:33 PM

captmoto wrote:

I would move the tie down points back to a spot even with your front axle. That would put more downward force and less forward pull and then you could do away with the back tiedown. This is what I do in all three of my trailers.

Yeah that’s a great idea I didn’t even think about that. It doesn’t move really I just added it because I like to be safe. The coolest part is that t handle crank that holds the ramp. This spins into a threaded anchor holding it completely tight to the deck. No risk of moving.

|

2/7/2019 8:36 PM

What was your total cost to build something like that if you don’t mind me asking?

|

2/7/2019 8:42 PM

Did you start with the harbor freight trailer then add diamond plate?

|

2/7/2019 8:50 PM

That's cool!

|

2/7/2019 10:26 PM

Looks good !

|

2/7/2019 11:22 PM

yamaharider471 wrote:

What was your total cost to build something like that if you don’t mind me asking?

I could make it for about a 1000.00 in raw material. If I really shopped around probably a little less.

|

2/7/2019 11:26 PM

RexEasely wrote:

Did you start with the harbor freight trailer then add diamond plate?

No bought a 4x8 utility trailer from Ultra tow. Just a frame. Then added a plywood deck, then cut diamond plate to specs and added trim and sealant.

|

2/7/2019 11:28 PM

yamaharider471 wrote:

700 of you don’t want it to fold

|

2/8/2019 8:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2019 8:51 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Pics of it folded?

shunter986 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I say you could probably sell a good amount of those trailers. Being able to fold it and store it in a garage is a lot more convenient than having a trailer sit in the driveway until the next time you need to use it. Not to mention less chance of having it stolen.

You can get a folding trailer from HF for under $300 after using one of their coupons. I think I used a 50% off coupon for mine. I then used weather treated wood and bought a quick release chock. All together I was in like $325 with all materials and registration. I also had a spare wheel, and wheel jack. I got some round lock pins and made it so I can fold/unfold without any tools (the manual has you secure the folding section with bolts/nuts, so I drilled a hole the size of the pin and now use round pins to secure it). Pretty awesome and my Cruze towed it great!

That being said, I love the Ranger I got and I won't go back to this trailer unless I have to lol

Photo
Photo

|

2/8/2019 3:46 PM

shunter986 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

kNewc wrote:

You can get a folding trailer from HF for under $300 after using one of their coupons. I think I used a 50% off coupon for mine. I then used weather treated wood and bought a quick release chock. All together I was in like $325 with all materials and registration. I also had a spare wheel, and wheel jack. I got some round lock pins and made it so I can fold/unfold without any tools (the manual has you secure the folding section with bolts/nuts, so I drilled a hole the size of the pin and now use round pins to secure it). Pretty awesome and my Cruze towed it great!

That being said, I love the Ranger I got and I won't go back to this trailer unless I have to lol

Photo
Photo

That’s awesome I could have started with that one. I didn’t look into harbor freight. Same basic idea, I’m sure it did the job.

|