New "magnetic" goggle?

ga_pike
Edited Date/Time 11/2/2017 7:47am
Okay, what am I missing?

I just received an e-mail touting the new magnetic goggle from Blur Optics. Apparently, the lens is held in place by a series of magnets and they can be changed quickly, even while wearing them.

My question, how do you use tear offs with these? Wouldn't pulling a tear off pull the lens off?

https://bluroptics.com/collections/b-50

BLUR B-50 MAGNETIC GOGGLE FEATURES:

• Revolutionary 2-part magnetic goggle

• Lens is fixed magnetically to the frame AND very easy to take off and put back on

• Wide field of vision due to the frameless design

• Jacquard webbing strap with TPR

• Triple foam for optimum comfort, durability and moisture wicking

• Size-adjustable strap

• 100% UV protection

• Anti-scratch coating for durability

• Goggle pouch included

• Mudflap with 10 pack of tear-offs included

• Anti-fog lens with tear-off pins
|
kkawboy14
11/1/2017 1:29pm
ga_pike wrote:
Okay, what am I missing? I just received an e-mail touting the new magnetic goggle from Blur Optics. Apparently, the lens is held in place by...
Okay, what am I missing?

I just received an e-mail touting the new magnetic goggle from Blur Optics. Apparently, the lens is held in place by a series of magnets and they can be changed quickly, even while wearing them.

My question, how do you use tear offs with these? Wouldn't pulling a tear off pull the lens off?

• Lens is fixed magnetically to the frame AND very easy to take off and put back on

• Size-adjustable strap

• 100% UV protection

• Goggle pouch included

Seems like they would have that figured out or they wouldn’t have marketed it.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
11/1/2017 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2017 1:46pm
I read a review that said the magnets were strong enough that even being a total joe and pulling all your tearoffs at once didn't dislodge the lens.
moto711
11/1/2017 2:02pm
They had it on display a month or so ago up here in Nor Cal and iv got to say very impressive set up. The lens is held on very tight you almost have to do a twisting motion to dislodge the lenses. When removing the lens it pops off and just snaps in very quick like in alignment with the goggle. The guys showed us how strong the magnets was by pulling on the tear off posts and was unable to dislodge the lense.
Cool to see a design like this it is quite innovative and unique nice to see something different!
tkimb
11/1/2017 2:52pm
I feel like they would have tested that before manufacturing and marketing them..

The Shop

MB109
11/1/2017 4:13pm
Burton's goggle company, Anon, makes magnetic goggle set ups for snowboarding. I run the Anon M3s and can say that they take a significant amount of leverage to get the lens out of the frame.
Bearuno
11/1/2017 5:34pm
I can't wait to show this to one of my mates 'space cadet' wives.

She had conniptions about the 'dangers' of the magnetic nose breathers when she saw them - she'll have an absolute melt down when she sees magnets up near the temples etc. Woohoo

11/1/2017 6:23pm
I'm going to guess they're very strong magnets, similar to Fox's MVRS system.. if anybody hasn't had their hands on one yet, they're very strong magnets. You can drop the helmet directly onto the ground at chest level (I did this with my helmet AFTER I wrecked and retired it.. 3 laps on that helmet) and the visor stays intact, it takes a pretty hard hit to make it move.
BobbyM
11/1/2017 6:35pm
ga_pike wrote:
Okay, what am I missing? I just received an e-mail touting the new magnetic goggle from Blur Optics. Apparently, the lens is held in place by...
Okay, what am I missing?

• Size-adjustable strap

• 100% UV protection

• Goggle pouch included

Why do you need tear offs.. For that matter why use goggles? Need to change yer mental racing attitude or you'll never win.
tobz
11/1/2017 7:14pm
Lol shit ring them asap and let them know
tobz
11/1/2017 7:14pm
ga_pike wrote:
Okay, what am I missing?

• Size-adjustable strap

• 100% UV protection

• Goggle pouch included

BobbyM wrote:
Why do you need tear offs.. For that matter why use goggles? Need to change yer mental racing attitude or you'll never win.
Protection from lappers, Einstein
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/1/2017 7:48pm
Anyone else find the name ironic?
B-50? Are you insinuating that 50+ year olds have difficulty changing regular style lens? Lol.

I don't get the irony.
mx216
11/1/2017 8:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
B-50? Are you insinuating that 50+ year olds have difficulty changing regular style lens? Lol.

I don't get the irony.
I think he means the company name, vision should be clear and the name is Blur haha.
motokawi818
11/1/2017 8:57pm
Fucking magnets, how do they work? And I don't wanna talk to a scientist. Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed.

disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
11/1/2017 9:01pm
How will they react with the metal plate in my head?
TeamGreen
11/1/2017 9:04pm
ga_pike wrote:
Okay, what am I missing?

• Size-adjustable strap

• 100% UV protection

• Goggle pouch included

BobbyM wrote:
Marine, you will Holeshot that race and you will dominate!
11/1/2017 11:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2017 11:45pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I don't get the irony.
No no! No insults intended. Just referring to the company being named “blur optics” when you ideally would want your vision to be clear Laughing
Acidreamer
11/2/2017 1:08am
Force required to rip off a tearoff must be way less than the strength of the magnets. Id guess it will take a pretty good push from the inside of the frame to get the lens out.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/2/2017 1:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I don't get the irony.
No no! No insults intended. Just referring to the company being named “blur optics” when you ideally would want your vision to be clear Laughing
Makes sense now. I thought you were referring to the goggle name B-50.

I think the last time I saw someone wearing Blur goggles was in the early 2000's and he was also wearing Azonic gear.
11/2/2017 2:49am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Makes sense now. I thought you were referring to the goggle name B-50. I think the last time I saw someone wearing Blur goggles was in...
Makes sense now. I thought you were referring to the goggle name B-50.

I think the last time I saw someone wearing Blur goggles was in the early 2000's and he was also wearing Azonic gear.
It could have been me! I used to be sponsored by O’Neal back then. Blur goggles were rebadged Scott 89s
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
11/2/2017 6:02am
See the prices of the tear offs? Holy smokes, they sure proud of them at a dollar a piece.
BobbyM
11/2/2017 7:47am
tobz wrote:
Protection from lappers, Einstein
Why are you following lappers?

Post a reply to: New "magnetic" goggle?

The Latest