New factory KTM supported MXGP team

line-up
9/9/2017 5:57am
http://www.mxlarge.com/2017/09/09/mxgp-new-team-2/

After a one year break from motocross, the Standing Construct Racing team are proud to be able to announce that from 2018 they will come back to the MX scene as the STANDING CONSTRUCT KTM team, a KTM Factory supported team.

The team will participate in the MXGP World Championship with two riders. The announcement regarding the riders will be made in due course. Both riders have won GP’s in the past and together with almost the complete same crew and setup as the Standing Construct Team was before, the team will continue with the same base as when it was a GP winning team in the MX2 class.

Tim Mathys (Standing Construct): During the past year, I experienced that I needed the motocross world to keep me motivated to give it 100% in my construction activities. Looking at it from a distance I also realised the great publicity value the MXGP World Championship has these days. The Promotor, Youthstream has helped make the sport more and more professional which gives companies like Standing Construct the chance to use some great publicity tools like live TV coverage etc…The combination of both: the publicity value and the motivation I get out of mx to keep going in Standing Construct helped me make the decision to come back. I am very happy about the chance and the support KTM is giving us so we can offer our riders the best competitive bike to compete at the highest level.
|
mpy
9/9/2017 6:10am
Strijbos and...?
PastranaWho
9/9/2017 6:32am
mpy wrote:
Strijbos and...?
nagl and strijbos
seven1two
9/9/2017 6:44am
Barcia on a 350! He can bring some money from Monster to help support team!!
Rowlands
9/9/2017 7:01am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2017 9:21am
Finally some good team news !!

I wonder why they have gone MXGP and not MX2 I would have thought better results could be achieved in MX2. Pumped for who ever the riders will be.

The Shop

philG
9/9/2017 9:03am
Probably Bobby and Nagl
Bobby and Nagl or Stribos, any 2 of those 3 is good , and great to get a team back in the paddock.
Bidirella
9/9/2017 9:25am
Great for the industry and for the MXGP! And its good for the team, they can choose out allot of good riders!
skiz
9/9/2017 9:56am
"After a one year break from motocross, the Standing Construct Racing team are proud to be able to announce that from 2018 they will come back to the MX scene as the STANDING CONSTRUCT KTM team, a KTM Factory supported team."

One year break for Standing Construct.? Then who is Arnaud Tonus and Shaun Simpson riding for right now.? I thougfht that was Standing Construct Yamaha.
9/9/2017 10:01am
skiz wrote:
"After a one year break from motocross, the Standing Construct Racing team are proud to be able to announce that from 2018 they will come back...
"After a one year break from motocross, the Standing Construct Racing team are proud to be able to announce that from 2018 they will come back to the MX scene as the STANDING CONSTRUCT KTM team, a KTM Factory supported team."

One year break for Standing Construct.? Then who is Arnaud Tonus and Shaun Simpson riding for right now.? I thougfht that was Standing Construct Yamaha.
Wilvo Yamaha MXGP Team
skiz
9/9/2017 10:14am
skiz wrote:
"After a one year break from motocross, the Standing Construct Racing team are proud to be able to announce that from 2018 they will come back...

Wilvo Yamaha MXGP Team
Was Standing Construct involved with the Wilvo team at one time.? I'm trying to figure out why I thought they rode for standing Construct.
Robgvx
9/9/2017 10:26am
skiz wrote:

Wilvo Yamaha MXGP Team
skiz wrote:
Was Standing Construct involved with the Wilvo team at one time.? I'm trying to figure out why I thought they rode for standing Construct.
Standing Construct is a Dutch building company. Wilvo is a (Dutch) metal fabrication company. Both have sponsored various teams at various times, sometimes multiple teams at the same time.

Standing Construct I think owned their own team, with Wilvo as a sponsor. If my memory serves me correct when Standing Construct stopped Wilvo started their own team.

Dutchies will put us right I'm sure.
9/9/2017 10:42am
Robgvx wrote:
Standing Construct is a Dutch building company. Wilvo is a (Dutch) metal fabrication company. Both have sponsored various teams at various times, sometimes multiple teams at...
Standing Construct is a Dutch building company. Wilvo is a (Dutch) metal fabrication company. Both have sponsored various teams at various times, sometimes multiple teams at the same time.

Standing Construct I think owned their own team, with Wilvo as a sponsor. If my memory serves me correct when Standing Construct stopped Wilvo started their own team.

youre correct , they had a joint venture in MX2 .When Standing Construct decided to stop , Wilvo started the Wilvo Yamaha MXGP team
9/9/2017 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2017 12:34pm
Wilvo Yamaha MXGP Team
skiz wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
Standing Construct is a Dutch building company. Wilvo is a (Dutch) metal fabrication company. Both have sponsored various teams at various times, sometimes multiple teams at...

Standing Construct is actually a Belgian company. And yes they had a team in 2016 called Wilvo Standing Construct Yamaha in MX2. I believe they had 2 riders. Guillod and Ostlund.
Before 2016 Wilvo was one of the main sponsors of the Jacky Martens Factory Husky MX2 team and they also supported Shaun Simpson with his Wilvo Forkrent KTM team.
line-up
9/9/2017 12:49pm
according to dutch website www.crossxl.nl the riders should be Valentin Guillod and Kevin Strijbos.

http://www.crossxl.nl/2017/09/fim-standing-construct-racing-terug-in-he…

In Assen became known Standing Construct Racing returns in 2018 in the paddock. Tim Mathys has signed a contract with KTM to put two riders in the FIM World Championship MXGP . The riders are not yet official, but the names of Valentin Guillod and Kevin Strijbos have fallen. In 2013 Glenn Coldenhoff played for the team Mathys a partnership went with WILVO 2016. Halfway through the year, he disappeared but fortunately comes from the paddock again in 2018.
tek14
9/9/2017 3:05pm
Nagl - TM
Bobby - Honda redmoto taking Guillods ride?
Guillod and Strijbos - SCR KTM
Patrol, Barcia, someone else - Wilvo Yamaha 3rd bike
51xc
9/9/2017 3:20pm
I'd go for paturel.
JackLHyde
9/9/2017 9:28pm
Robgvx wrote:

With HSF there are at least three well running teams in the paddock from Holland that are privately owned, yet Germany cannot even produce one. One would think the German market would be much bigger.

Post a reply to: New factory KTM supported MXGP team

The Latest