New era always happens quick

carmfarm
3/2/2019 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2019 4:38pm
Like MC, RC, JS, and RV riders take over and then they are gone. Like it or not ET3, KR94, MM25 all are getting close to that window closing. They better make it happen this year or they will never get a title.
|
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
3/2/2019 9:53pm
Window’s closed. Without injury this title is Webb’s.
wfoskir
3/2/2019 9:57pm
The next wave of riders has come. I believe the widow has closed as well.
rp031x
3/2/2019 9:58pm
carmfarm wrote:
Like MC, RC, JS, and RV riders take over and then they are gone. Like it or not ET3, KR94, MM25 all are getting close to...
Like MC, RC, JS, and RV riders take over and then they are gone. Like it or not ET3, KR94, MM25 all are getting close to that window closing. They better make it happen this year or they will never get a title.
I think Webb is in firm control. But if Tomac and Roczen can stay healthy...I don't know. I don't see them falling off just yet. I think Roczen is having an excellent season considering where he has come from. He will only get stronger.
carmfarm
3/2/2019 10:01pm
carmfarm wrote:
Like MC, RC, JS, and RV riders take over and then they are gone. Like it or not ET3, KR94, MM25 all are getting close to...
rp031x wrote:
I think Webb is in firm control. But if Tomac and Roczen can stay healthy...I don't know. I don't see them falling off just yet. I...
I think Webb is in firm control. But if Tomac and Roczen can stay healthy...I don't know. I don't see them falling off just yet. I think Roczen is having an excellent season considering where he has come from. He will only get stronger.
That's the thing roczen didnt get any better from the last year. I dont think 94 gets any better

The Shop

RexEasely
3/2/2019 10:06pm
It's webs this year
wfoskir
3/2/2019 10:13pm
carmfarm wrote:
rp031x wrote:
I think Webb is in firm control. But if Tomac and Roczen can stay healthy...I don't know. I don't see them falling off just yet. I...
carmfarm wrote:
That's the thing roczen didnt get any better from the last year. I dont think 94 gets any better
Roczen has come back from a bad injury (happy for him) but I am tired of hearing about that for the last 2 plus years. How about Seely? Doesn't he deserve some air time for his injury? Ralph and Ricky (and everyone else) don't stop talking about him and his injury. Why? Roczen isn't the only guy to come back from injury or the first, but they haven't stopped talking about him.
I don't get it.
Not trying to hijack the post, just had to vent.
ferd22
3/2/2019 10:19pm
carmfarm wrote:
rp031x wrote:
With those arm injuries for Roczen, I think it's a tough sell that he will get stronger thru more races. Fatigue and little rest with injuries like that don't exactly equate to getter stronger. I think we saw the best of Kenny this year when he was fresh, wouldn't be shocked to see another strong race or 2 after a week off but these long stretches of races can't be helping.
BobbyLight
3/2/2019 10:27pm
Through 9 rounds:
MC 93': 4, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1
CW 19': 5, 10, 1, 1, 8, 1, 1, 2, 1

I believe the trend will continue.
FlaNard
3/2/2019 11:32pm
Thread title is accurate. Barring injury the new blood has clearly taken over. Webb may end up embarrassing the whole field before this season is done. Ken can't close, Eli can't start, and Marvin is Marvin.
bd
3/2/2019 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2019 11:36pm
Due to age, MM25’s window is closing. ET3 and KR94 have a few more years but they are not the guy — Webb owns that title now. I’m on the train (believer) and it sucks as I’m a Roczen fan.

How big of an ass kicking does he give Roczen and Tomac outdoors?

tcallahan707
3/2/2019 11:51pm
Recency bias is alive tonight. I'm not saying a new era isn't possible, but man, let's pump the brakes. The 3, 4, 21, 25, 51, and 94 have all had their flashes of "new era". I'm not ready to throw this title or the throne to the 2 just yet. He's been impressive, but that's mostly due to his mental game right now. We all know how fragile that can be. He's riding a wave. It's what happens once it crashes that'll tell me something.
struth
3/3/2019 1:10am
bd wrote:
Due to age, MM25’s window is closing. ET3 and KR94 have a few more years but they are not the guy — Webb owns that title...
Due to age, MM25’s window is closing. ET3 and KR94 have a few more years but they are not the guy — Webb owns that title now. I’m on the train (believer) and it sucks as I’m a Roczen fan.

Webb sx succes does not automatically mean he will be winning in outdoors...
3/3/2019 1:16am
bd wrote:
Due to age, MM25’s window is closing. ET3 and KR94 have a few more years but they are not the guy — Webb owns that title...

struth wrote:
Webb sx succes does not automatically mean he will be winning in outdoors...
But i think he will.
CPR
3/3/2019 1:16am
Someone wins 5 races and we're in a new era and all the other current winning riders are done???
Long way to go yet, remember there is no crown.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
3/3/2019 4:56am
CPR wrote:
Someone wins 5 races and we're in a new era and all the other current winning riders are done??? Long way to go yet, remember there...
Someone wins 5 races and we're in a new era and all the other current winning riders are done???
I’m no cooper fan, but 5 out of 9 is pretty damn good hah You scoff as if it’s 2 wins in the 9th round....but that would be Tomacs track record thus far, not Webb’s
carmfarm
3/3/2019 4:59am
CPR wrote:
Someone wins 5 races and we're in a new era and all the other current winning riders are done??? Long way to go yet, remember there...
Yes when a guy goes 5 for 9 , and old guys get worse that's a new era
3/3/2019 5:35am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 5:59am
I see some parallels to Rick Johnson's 1986 season. RJ had been one of the top guys at Yamaha, even taking the 250 outdoor title in '84, but he didn't dominate until he switched to the powerhouse manufacturer of the time, Honda.

Webb's move to KTM could prove to be the same, and maybe he will go on a winning streak for a few years, but it's still too early to tell.
Wiff3
3/3/2019 5:44am
Cooper has come from behind to win, and he's started in the front to win while being dogged the whole race. While Eli has shown he's capable earlier in the season, he hasn't shown it lately. Plus he's, I think, 18 points down. If one of the two trends doesn't change soon, this title is Webbs.
downard254
3/3/2019 5:50am
wfoskir wrote:
The next wave of riders has come. I believe the widow has closed as well.
If it ain’t closed, it damn sure isn’t letting much air in.
downard254
3/3/2019 5:54am
bd wrote:

I’m not sold it will be an ass kicking, but I whole heartedly believe Webb will at least be up there preventing a runaway. I just want to see close points all the way through MX. Fingers crossed.
Mxracer6y
3/3/2019 5:56am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 5:57am
Wiff3 wrote:
Cooper has come from behind to win, and he's started in the front to win while being dogged the whole race. While Eli has shown he's...
Cooper has come from behind to win, and he's started in the front to win while being dogged the whole race. While Eli has shown he's capable earlier in the season, he hasn't shown it lately. Plus he's, I think, 18 points down. If one of the two trends doesn't change soon, this title is Webbs.
Eli hasn’t shown he’s capable lately?? So last weeks triple crown didn’t happen ?
carmfarm
3/3/2019 6:00am
Wiff3 wrote:
Cooper has come from behind to win, and he's started in the front to win while being dogged the whole race. While Eli has shown he's...
Mxracer6y wrote:
Eli hasn’t shown he’s capable lately?? So last weeks triple crown didn’t happen ?
Eli has shown he cant handle the pressure every weeknd in SX. That's just facts. He capable of winning every 5th weekend and 10th on off days.. ya we know ET3
D_L118
3/3/2019 6:00am
I don't believe it, yet...
Last year Tomac and Musquin where gapping everyone big time....
Has everybody stepped their game up?
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
3/3/2019 6:04am
Webb's only a year younger than Roczen
Wiff3
3/3/2019 6:09am
Wiff3 wrote:
Mxracer6y wrote:
He hasn't shown that he can get a bad start and finish where he needs to, to win the title. I'm not saying he's not fast, that clearly isn't the issue. But he can't start in 12th or 13th and hang out back there for half the race and win the title. His main competition is starting to check out.
STLSharky
3/3/2019 6:13am
Tomac is way faster than all when he decides to be
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
3/3/2019 6:16am
This is wired because he is winning a lot of races but other than one race where he was clearly the man all the other ones have been close. He’s not blowing guys out the way guys do that win over 50 percent of the races. It’s odd. Same points though weather you win by 15 seconds or 1.
keinz
3/3/2019 6:29am
The Man has spoken
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
3/3/2019 8:20am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 8:24am
The funniest part about all of this, is that in the Dungey era, many gave him the asterisk because of tomacs (and others) inconsistancy due to crashes, technical malfunctions etc

This year, Eli hasnt had any of these “forgivable offenses” but has still choked.

There is no asterisk in a championship. The winner wins.
TY838
3/3/2019 8:37am
carmfarm wrote:
rp031x wrote:
Ok Webb hasn't pulled RC type dominance but the rest of those guys don't look ready to win races. There are 8 rounds left and Tomac can certainly win a few of them. Roczen doesn't look up to winning more than maybe one. He has done nothing this season to make anyone think he's winning multiple remaining rounds and you have got to win races to win this title. Kenny has yet to look like "the guy" even for one week. Marvin has looked a little better and he could win 1 or 2. Certainly appears pressure doesn't make Webb fold and he looks capable of winning 3-4-5 of the races left so we will see.

Post a reply to: New era always happens quick

The Latest