New era

McG194
In another thread I mentioned that AC and Coop may be becoming the new Ryans, The more I think about and rewatch A1 and some races last season the more I think that's accurate. Supercross has always gone through eras where one or two guys are dominant, 18 will end up being an outlier when all is said and done. Old era was over but the new one wasn't ready to start.
Poll

Do the next 5 years of SuperCross belong to AC and Webb?

Choices
|
IWreckALot
1/8/2020 12:55pm
AC is going to have to win one championship to even enter the conversation. I like the dude, but it's a bit premature. Would love for it to happen.
kb228
1/8/2020 1:05pm
IWreckALot wrote:
AC is going to have to win one championship to even enter the conversation. I like the dude, but it's a bit premature. Would love for...
AC is going to have to win one championship to even enter the conversation. I like the dude, but it's a bit premature. Would love for it to happen.
He won mx
McG194
1/8/2020 1:35pm
IWreckALot wrote:
AC is going to have to win one championship to even enter the conversation. I like the dude, but it's a bit premature. Would love for...
If you don't think he belongs in the conversation I bet there are plenty of top 5 guys that don't share your views.

Part of me saying it's their era is that they are tailor made for each other.

AC is the bright articulate guy with just enough "awe shucks" in him that he will be the fan favorite and most likely to end up on a Wheaties box. Cooper is such a no BS driven guy with just enough a-hole in him that he is the perfect heel to AC's good guy. Not to mention their past history and even AC admits that Coop has to be sick of the AC gnat it makes for almost the perfect storm.
1/8/2020 2:37pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Sort of like Eli and Ken? Whistling

The Shop

aeffertz
1/8/2020 3:44pm
Era: a long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic.

AC has raced one 450 race and got 2nd and you're already saying he's the next Ryan Dungey or Ryan Villopoto? Give me your dealer's phone number...

Need a bigger sample size before making those types of claims.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
1/8/2020 3:46pm
If they do fight it out for the next 5 years, is it the first time an amateur rivalry has actually materialised into a legit professional rivalry? It always seems like they fizzle out before they get to this stage of their careers
McG194
1/8/2020 4:17pm
aeffertz wrote:
[b]Era:[/b] [i]a long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic.[/i] AC has raced one 450 race and got 2nd and you're already...
Era: a long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic.

AC has raced one 450 race and got 2nd and you're already saying he's the next Ryan Dungey or Ryan Villopoto? Give me your dealer's phone number...

Need a bigger sample size before making those types of claims.
So, I take it you voted "Not so fast"????????????

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1/8/2020 4:23pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Sort of like Eli and Ken? Whistling
Both Eli and Ken are 250 SX champs.
crowe176
1/8/2020 4:26pm
haydos25 wrote:
If they do fight it out for the next 5 years, is it the first time an amateur rivalry has actually materialised into a legit professional...
If they do fight it out for the next 5 years, is it the first time an amateur rivalry has actually materialised into a legit professional rivalry? It always seems like they fizzle out before they get to this stage of their careers
Rv MA800 Milsaps is the only one off the top of my head, but obviously it didn’t pan out when they made it to big bikes.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
1/8/2020 4:34pm
crowe176 wrote:
Rv MA800 Milsaps is the only one off the top of my head, but obviously it didn’t pan out when they made it to big bikes.
JLaw and RV
Stroupe, Izzi, Canard
Wilson, Bagget (i guess that one did play out for a year outdoors)

Thers probably lots that im forgetting, it just seems like its such a meatgrinder coming through the ranks that it never plays out with the two guys everyone expects to be big dogs on minibikes fighting all the way through and actually competing against each other in the premier class. Someone usually falls out or someone steps above.
1/10/2020 2:14am
It's early days but I wouldn't call a new era until we see a rider of RC. JS or RV caliber.

Tomac is of that caliber but he hasn't got the same heart and desire to win like those dudes.
McG194
1/10/2020 10:20am
It's early days but I wouldn't call a new era until we see a rider of RC. JS or RV caliber. Tomac is of that caliber...
It's early days but I wouldn't call a new era until we see a rider of RC. JS or RV caliber.

Tomac is of that caliber but he hasn't got the same heart and desire to win like those dudes.
Tomac has plenty of heart, it's his head that is the problem.
str8line
1/10/2020 11:44am
It's early days but I wouldn't call a new era until we see a rider of RC. JS or RV caliber. Tomac is of that caliber...

AC was that caliber as a amateur. He had injuries, otherwise he might have been dominant the last several years. I think this thread is a good one and while it's early in terms of ushering KR and ET out the door we already have Cooper Webb as the reigning 450 champ and AC as the reigning 250 outdoor champ. And AC's pace in the first race gave no reason to think he's not in the conversation for the baddest dude out there.

Let's revisit this thread if AC and CW take the top steps of the podium tomorrow, I bet people won't be so quick to dismiss this thread. At a minimum it's great to have several guys in the conversation for the championship.

Post a reply to: New era

The Latest