New electric Yamaha mini bike ?

KMC440
12/18/2017 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2017 1:07pm
Ok so we know when an engine blows and pukes oil on the dirt or a bike falls overand gas pours out for a bit. When one of these lithium/geranium batteries cracks or explodes do we call in a hazmat team and the whole moto day is shot?

Don't tell me it'll never happen either because it damn sure will.
Bradj70
12/18/2017 6:39pm
KMC440 wrote:
Ok so we know when an engine blows and pukes oil on the dirt or a bike falls overand gas pours out for a bit. When...
Ok so we know when an engine blows and pukes oil on the dirt or a bike falls overand gas pours out for a bit. When one of these lithium/geranium batteries cracks or explodes do we call in a hazmat team and the whole moto day is shot?

Don't tell me it'll never happen either because it damn sure will.
good point, batteries, particularly High Voltage batteries pose new threats that will require an equal amount of R&D to make them safe.
Bradj70
12/18/2017 6:51pm
No surprise.. and I'm noticing a trend towards catering eBikes specifically to the little kids. KTM is replacing the SX50 with a eBike, so not surprised...
No surprise.. and I'm noticing a trend towards catering eBikes specifically to the little kids. KTM is replacing the SX50 with a eBike, so not surprised that Yamaha is following suit. eBikes for kiddos were all the rage at the AIM Expo this year. Makes sense on so many levels.
Bradj70 wrote:
Yes! It really does seem to be a perfect fit for our little ones. They can start on a map able adjustable clutch less, shift less...
Yes! It really does seem to be a perfect fit for our little ones. They can start on a map able adjustable clutch less, shift less bike to just focus on the fundamentals of riding. I'm really considering getting a Razor of all things for my boys first "dirt bike" I just don't like that it has no suspension, but figured some flat semi hard pack dirt with a razor would be a great start for him. I still think that the big bikes are going to be on teh ICE platform for probably another 5yrs until Alta and other companies find ways of making the Electiric moto bike competive at the pro level
I’m sorry but to me the fundamentals of riding will always include learning how to effectively use the clutch and also shifting the fundamentals of riding...
I’m sorry but to me the fundamentals of riding will always include learning how to effectively use the clutch and also shifting the fundamentals of riding. In my opinion are taking fundamentals AWAY from riding I think these 2 things alone require the kind of skill that’s makes MX the challenging sport that it is. Its the little things like this that make MX more skilled than any avg asshat swinging a leg over a bike and thoughtlessly twisting the throttle. And those little things like this that make it A challenging sport all together as a whole more than just going fast for the sake of going fast but also having to manage gear selection shift points clutching to go faster etc.

I will always look at electric motocross bikes as an offshoot a tangent a niche if you will because it seems like you only need 65 percent of the full package of an internal combustion engine to ride and go fast making these lazier and easier doesn’t make it more cool to me it makes it less cool but that’s just me and I’m really nobody LOL
counter point- we're talking about 4yr olds here, I could care less if my boy knows how to shift or clutch right now, just get him out there riding and enjoying two wheels is the goal. the other stuff can come later, but by time he's on big bikes (if he likes riding and all that) then I could easily believe that their will be some very competive E-bikes by then, Soooooo...would he really need to ever learn? sure it makes you more awesome to be able to shift and clutch like a pro, but at the end of the day if the sport is progressing so should we, I mean Senna was just flat out awesome driving an f1 with one hand while shifting with the other, but now we've all got paddle shifters is that wrong? nah its just different and and new approach. what's your thoughts to that?

The Shop

Post a reply to: New electric Yamaha mini bike ?

The Latest