New electric Yamaha mini bike ?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2017 6:10 PM

Photo

Just noticed on Matt Walkers instagram
|

12/16/2017 6:20 PM

And the plot thickens. I guess we can love our ICE bikes but we need to embrace tech via electric bikes if it’s truly better. Guess we will find out very soon.

|

12/16/2017 6:35 PM

I’ve been wondering when this would come out. I think we are finally seeing the event horizon focus from ICE’s to electric development.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





12/16/2017 7:02 PM

No surprise.. and I'm noticing a trend towards catering eBikes specifically to the little kids. KTM is replacing the SX50 with a eBike, so not surprised that Yamaha is following suit. eBikes for kiddos were all the rage at the AIM Expo this year. Makes sense on so many levels.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

12/17/2017 6:42 AM

The battery tech is already there for kid size bikes. For full size bikes it may be a bit, but I'm sure it will happen.

|

12/17/2017 6:48 AM

I know it's just a mini bike but the fact that any concept designer would allow this to leave the shop underlines how far we've gone in the wrong direction regarding styling. Honda knows what's up, KTM and Husky do as well, but the rest must have brought in new design minds who weren't exactly fans of the sport from way back. I guess those guys all retired. Yes - it's just a mini, but damn, at least make it look slightly appealing.

|

12/17/2017 7:34 AM

jonesaustin wrote:

I know it's just a mini bike but the fact that any concept designer would allow this to leave the shop underlines how far we've gone in the wrong direction regarding styling. Honda knows what's up, KTM and Husky do as well, but the rest must have brought in new design minds who weren't exactly fans of the sport from way back. I guess those guys all retired. Yes - it's just a mini, but damn, at least make it look slightly appealing.

So how does one “know what’s up?” It’s not personal preference?

|

12/17/2017 9:17 AM

jonesaustin wrote:

I know it's just a mini bike but the fact that any concept designer would allow this to leave the shop underlines how far we've gone in the wrong direction regarding styling. Honda knows what's up, KTM and Husky do as well, but the rest must have brought in new design minds who weren't exactly fans of the sport from way back. I guess those guys all retired. Yes - it's just a mini, but damn, at least make it look slightly appealing.

Wow....

|

12/17/2017 9:34 AM

jonesaustin wrote:

I know it's just a mini bike but the fact that any concept designer would allow this to leave the shop underlines how far we've gone in the wrong direction regarding styling. Honda knows what's up, KTM and Husky do as well, but the rest must have brought in new design minds who weren't exactly fans of the sport from way back. I guess those guys all retired. Yes - it's just a mini, but damn, at least make it look slightly appealing.

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

So how does one “know what’s up?” It’s not personal preference?

By asking jonesaustin what he likes and accepting his personal preference as a universal fact maybe?

|

12/17/2017 9:50 AM

jonesaustin wrote:

I know it's just a mini bike but the fact that any concept designer would allow this to leave the shop underlines how far we've gone in the wrong direction regarding styling. Honda knows what's up, KTM and Husky do as well, but the rest must have brought in new design minds who weren't exactly fans of the sport from way back. I guess those guys all retired. Yes - it's just a mini, but damn, at least make it look slightly appealing.

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

So how does one “know what’s up?” It’s not personal preference?

Sheriff245 wrote:

By asking jonesaustin what he likes and accepting his personal preference as a universal fact maybe?

Got it. Thanks for the direction friend. cool

|

12/17/2017 9:56 AM

jonesaustin wrote:

I know it's just a mini bike but the fact that any concept designer would allow this to leave the shop underlines how far we've gone in the wrong direction regarding styling. Honda knows what's up, KTM and Husky do as well, but the rest must have brought in new design minds who weren't exactly fans of the sport from way back. I guess those guys all retired. Yes - it's just a mini, but damn, at least make it look slightly appealing.

Dont you dare state your opinion on here sir....passion is not allowed.
We got rules to follow round these parts.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior



12/17/2017 10:30 AM

Theres like zero difference between this and a razor bike.

|

12/17/2017 10:40 AM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

Theres like zero difference between this and a razor bike.

Probably like $1,500 difference. lol

|

12/17/2017 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2017 10:43 AM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

Theres like zero difference between this and a razor bike.

Razor = USA
Yamaha = Japan

|



12/17/2017 10:44 AM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

Theres like zero difference between this and a razor bike.

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Probably like $1,500 difference. lol

He obviously meant aesthetically as there are no details available. What would you guesstimate an electric PW equivelant would go for? $2,200 - $2,500?

|

12/17/2017 11:29 AM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

Theres like zero difference between this and a razor bike.

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Probably like $1,500 difference. lol

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

He obviously meant aesthetically as there are no details available. What would you guesstimate an electric PW equivelant would go for? $2,200 - $2,500?

I know, I was just joking. Obviously the Yamaha would be a superior product to a Razor. Comparing an Alta to a YZ250F price wise, and the 2018 PW50 with a $1,499 MSRP, I would say $2,200-$2,500 is somewhere in the ballpark. However, I think since it is a mini as opposed to a full sized bike and it looks like they carried over some stuff from the original PW50, that Yamaha might try to keep it close to or under $2k? I really have no idea.

|

12/17/2017 3:48 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

No surprise.. and I'm noticing a trend towards catering eBikes specifically to the little kids. KTM is replacing the SX50 with a eBike, so not surprised that Yamaha is following suit. eBikes for kiddos were all the rage at the AIM Expo this year. Makes sense on so many levels.

Yes! It really does seem to be a perfect fit for our little ones. They can start on a map able adjustable clutch less, shift less bike to just focus on the fundamentals of riding. I'm really considering getting a Razor of all things for my boys first "dirt bike" I just don't like that it has no suspension, but figured some flat semi hard pack dirt with a razor would be a great start for him. I still think that the big bikes are going to be on teh ICE platform for probably another 5yrs until Alta and other companies find ways of making the Electiric moto bike competive at the pro level

|

Some people are so poor, all they got is money

12/17/2017 4:03 PM

On this note, this looks like a pretty nice setup for a pretty solid price.

http://betausa.com/content/minicross-e

|

12/17/2017 4:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2017 4:25 PM

I wonder if Yamaha will come out with an electric 65?

They have a pretty good track record of aggressive innovative offerings.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





12/17/2017 4:44 PM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

On this note, this looks like a pretty nice setup for a pretty solid price.

http://betausa.com/content/minicross-e

Thats a sweet little bike that looks right. Be hard not to jump on one of those.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior



12/17/2017 5:33 PM

Deal Brothers Trailers wrote:

Thats a sweet little bike that looks right. Be hard not to jump on one of those.

And the price doesn’t seem outrageous for a niche Beta product.

|

12/17/2017 6:14 PM

MX Guy wrote:

Razor = USA
Yamaha = Japan

Razor = China

|

12/17/2017 8:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2017 8:27 AM

Old news, this Yamaha mini e-bike concept and also Walker's photo is from 2013 EICMA show. But that is not the most interesting part as Yamaha then also introduced a full size motocross e-bike concept that was called "PED1". Was that a sign of times to come?grin https://gas2.org/2013/11/14/yamaha-electric-ecosystem/

|

12/17/2017 9:09 PM

Really liking my 2 year old's Ride Staycyc. We ride it several times per week in the neighborhood, at the local park and it's enabled him to get a lot of seat time, and not piss off the neighbors. I'm excited for these options and anyone with a good size yard or nearby dirt lot could have Jr. pounding laps instead of watching Minions.

|

12/17/2017 9:29 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

No surprise.. and I'm noticing a trend towards catering eBikes specifically to the little kids. KTM is replacing the SX50 with a eBike, so not surprised that Yamaha is following suit. eBikes for kiddos were all the rage at the AIM Expo this year. Makes sense on so many levels.

Bradj70 wrote:

Yes! It really does seem to be a perfect fit for our little ones. They can start on a map able adjustable clutch less, shift less bike to just focus on the fundamentals of riding. I'm really considering getting a Razor of all things for my boys first "dirt bike" I just don't like that it has no suspension, but figured some flat semi hard pack dirt with a razor would be a great start for him. I still think that the big bikes are going to be on teh ICE platform for probably another 5yrs until Alta and other companies find ways of making the Electiric moto bike competive at the pro level

I’m sorry but to me the fundamentals of riding will always include learning how to effectively use the clutch and also shifting the fundamentals of riding. In my opinion are taking fundamentals AWAY from riding I think these 2 things alone require the kind of skill that’s makes MX the challenging sport that it is. Its the little things like this that make MX more skilled than any avg asshat swinging a leg over a bike and thoughtlessly twisting the throttle. And those little things like this that make it A challenging sport all together as a whole more than just going fast for the sake of going fast but also having to manage gear selection shift points clutching to go faster etc.

I will always look at electric motocross bikes as an offshoot a tangent a niche if you will because it seems like you only need 65 percent of the full package of an internal combustion engine to ride and go fast making these lazier and easier doesn’t make it more cool to me it makes it less cool but that’s just me and I’m really nobody LOL

|

12/18/2017 5:09 AM

MBR wrote:

Old news, this Yamaha mini e-bike concept and also Walker's photo is from 2013 EICMA show. But that is not the most interesting part as Yamaha then also introduced a full size motocross e-bike concept that was called "PED1". Was that a sign of times to come?grin https://gas2.org/2013/11/14/yamaha-electric-ecosystem/

Good call. Wonder what the deal with that is?

|

12/18/2017 5:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2017 5:46 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

I’m sorry but to me the fundamentals of riding will always include learning how to effectively use the clutch and also shifting the fundamentals of riding. In my opinion are taking fundamentals AWAY from riding I think these 2 things alone require the kind of skill that’s makes MX the challenging sport that it is. Its the little things like this that make MX more skilled than any avg asshat swinging a leg over a bike and thoughtlessly twisting the throttle. And those little things like this that make it A challenging sport all together as a whole more than just going fast for the sake of going fast but also having to manage gear selection shift points clutching to go faster etc.

I will always look at electric motocross bikes as an offshoot a tangent a niche if you will because it seems like you only need 65 percent of the full package of an internal combustion engine to ride and go fast making these lazier and easier doesn’t make it more cool to me it makes it less cool but that’s just me and I’m really nobody LOL

Dude, probably every current pro rider started on a bike with neither clutching nor shifting.

|

12/18/2017 8:29 AM

jonesaustin wrote:

I know it's just a mini bike but the fact that any concept designer would allow this to leave the shop underlines how far we've gone in the wrong direction regarding styling. Honda knows what's up, KTM and Husky do as well, but the rest must have brought in new design minds who weren't exactly fans of the sport from way back. I guess those guys all retired. Yes - it's just a mini, but damn, at least make it look slightly appealing.

Design is in the eye of the beholder, I think it looks good personally.

|

12/18/2017 8:37 AM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Good call. Wonder what the deal with that is?

Digged deeper on this and originally these electric concepts were planned to be in production already 2016. Now they seem to be finally ready for release which probably sparked Walker's posting.

|

12/18/2017 8:49 AM

MBR wrote:

Digged deeper on this and originally these electric concepts were planned to be in production already 2016. Now they seem to be finally ready for release which probably sparked Walker's posting.

Makes sense. Thanks for the follow up.

|