New York, Connecticut mx tracks

Stevo227
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2014 11:10am
So I just made the move from Indiana out to Mahopac, NY and was wondering what people in the area recommend as far as tracks go? I've been out here a little over a month and had the chance to hit up Calverton mx, 10 st mx, englishtown, orange county mx and rocky hill mx. Englishtown is an awesome facility and most defiantly my favorite so far, but was hoping to find a few other good recommendations. Heard Budds has practice at the beginning of every month and some races as well as blue diamond being a very nice facility. Problem is that all these tracks are only open once or twice a week it seems like.....

I really was hoping to find somewhere to ride close to Mahopac, NY or Danbury, CT (where I work) whether its a reg mx track or a private track to get some practice during the week since sometimes my weekends are very busy. I definitely understand many people dislike the thought of allowing people to ride at there private tracks due to liability issues and am willing to print up, sign a wavier, pay some cash or help out at the track in order to have a place to get some practice in.. I had a track in Indiana so I understand peoples concerns.

Anyone on here that could give me some info or direct me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
4/14/2014 7:53am
Hey man, I grew up near Brewster, NY. I don't know of any tracks closer. I go visit my parents a few times a year so I will keep my ears open and ask around. Englishtown is definitely pretty sick. My dad raced cars there when I was younger and seeing that track got me addicted to dirt bikes.

Is Southwick open these days? That's online like an hour and half.
http://motocross338.org
jndmx
4/14/2014 8:01am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2014 8:02am
Southwick is not open right now unfortunately.

Check out Paradox MX they are in upstate NY so it would be a few hours for you but they have open practice days and some races and the place is beautiful.

If you wanna race with us come on over to Winchester Speedpark in Winchester NH; that's 2 hours 45 min for you.
We have motocross and Supercross layouts and just started our season.

http://www.winchesterspeedpark.com/
team466
4/14/2014 8:07am
check out rocky hill mx, located just south of hartford,ct. the place is run by tony larusso, the man still flies in late 40's
jndmx
4/14/2014 8:09am
team466 wrote:
check out rocky hill mx, located just south of hartford,ct. the place is run by tony larusso, the man still flies in late 40's
Did you read his post?
He already went there....

The Shop

pete24
4/14/2014 10:10am
team466 wrote:
tony is 41 that aint late 40s
dedi684
4/14/2014 10:13am
Some mscmotocross.com tracks hold practices.
Also walden mx and ak farms are close to you

Post a reply to: New York, Connecticut mx tracks

The Latest