New YS propaganda

MXMattii
1/22/2013 10:53am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2013 10:04pm
If you like to read some propaganda from Youthstream written by Ass-kisser Geoff, then this is it! :: LINK ::

MXlarge: Is the future of the sport then outside Europe, or a good portion of the rounds? Maybe with maybe 50% of the races held in Europe?
Luongo: For me, it is very complicated and very easy at the same time. In Europe we know well, and it isn't a new story, things are not good and the future is not good. The sport will suffer, because when people don't have money they can only afford things they need in life, like food, morgage, and cloths. The first things that go are things like hobbies, or attending sporting events, or entertainment. We need to find a solution so all the people who work in this sport keep their jobs, and when you see the paddock it is 2500 people and if we don't find a solution these people will all lose their jobs. We need to find a market where the economy is growing, where the economy is stable.
What I also find it that these organizes in places like Qatar, Thailand, Brazil, Mexico, they are really excited to have a Grand Prix. Because of the situation in Europe it is different, we are losing money in many countries in Europe, and the people who attend the races are also sometimes not happy. When we go to these countries outside Europe they are so happy to see us. Now we are dealing with other countries like Indonesia, India and Argentina, and these people are excited to have the FIM World Motocross Championships. They want a Grand Prix and a new sport in their country. We have to go to the places where the people want to invest in us, for the riders, for the teams, for the mechanics, the media. We need to find fresh money, because if we stay just in Europe we have to cut the cost as much as 50%, so that means we would have to cut 50% of the people who work in the GP's.

WTF is he trying to do? Make us scared, that we will lose our championship? Doesn't he realize that the prices of the GP's are incredible high, thats why people aren't happy and thats why allot of GP's in Europe aren't making any profits any more!

Damn I had a nice meal a few minutes ago but this ruined everything! Sick
|
NetMXer
1/22/2013 10:57am
Hmmm, wasn't that Mexico GP a disaster?
kongols
1/22/2013 10:59am
NetMXer wrote:
For who?
smoker
1/22/2013 11:00am
what was your meal you just had?
MXMattii
1/22/2013 11:03am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2013 11:04am
NetMXer wrote:
kongols wrote:
For who?
There was almost no attendance, the track was very dangerous on day one because of the dust and on day two they made it so wet that 1/4 of the track was muddy and 3/4 dusty. Ooh and we don't gonna talk about the dead people they found in the days before the GP. 1 on the road to the race track and a few on the highway near the track.

To be honest the only "far away" GP that works is the Brazilian GP, those Brazilians are nuts!
My Meal: Spicy chicken with French bread, simple but good!

The Shop

jamma10
1/22/2013 11:06am
zzzzzzzzzzz
Fat Fingers
1/22/2013 11:26am
It sounds like basic economics to me. If you hold events that don't make money, it is not sustainable. Its not nice but its reality.
M-M
1/22/2013 11:52am
It sounds like basic economics to me. If you hold events that don't make money, it is not sustainable. Its not nice but its reality.
Is it sustainable for the teams who foot the bill to go across the world?
englishman
1/22/2013 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2013 12:55pm
MXMattii wrote:
If you like to read some propaganda from Youthstream written by Ass-kisser Geoff, then this is it! [url=http://www.mxlarge.com/interview/7551-giuseppe-luongo-interview-grand-prix-of-qatar]:: LINK :: [/url] MXlarge: Is the future of...
If you like to read some propaganda from Youthstream written by Ass-kisser Geoff, then this is it! :: LINK ::

MXlarge: Is the future of the sport then outside Europe, or a good portion of the rounds? Maybe with maybe 50% of the races held in Europe?
Luongo: For me, it is very complicated and very easy at the same time. In Europe we know well, and it isn't a new story, things are not good and the future is not good. The sport will suffer, because when people don't have money they can only afford things they need in life, like food, morgage, and cloths. The first things that go are things like hobbies, or attending sporting events, or entertainment. We need to find a solution so all the people who work in this sport keep their jobs, and when you see the paddock it is 2500 people and if we don't find a solution these people will all lose their jobs. We need to find a market where the economy is growing, where the economy is stable.
What I also find it that these organizes in places like Qatar, Thailand, Brazil, Mexico, they are really excited to have a Grand Prix. Because of the situation in Europe it is different, we are losing money in many countries in Europe, and the people who attend the races are also sometimes not happy. When we go to these countries outside Europe they are so happy to see us. Now we are dealing with other countries like Indonesia, India and Argentina, and these people are excited to have the FIM World Motocross Championships. They want a Grand Prix and a new sport in their country. We have to go to the places where the people want to invest in us, for the riders, for the teams, for the mechanics, the media. We need to find fresh money, because if we stay just in Europe we have to cut the cost as much as 50%, so that means we would have to cut 50% of the people who work in the GP's.

WTF is he trying to do? Make us scared, that we will lose our championship? Doesn't he realize that the prices of the GP's are incredible high, thats why people aren't happy and thats why allot of GP's in Europe aren't making any profits any more!

Damn I had a nice meal a few minutes ago but this ruined everything! Sick
The quick version

Geoff: What the fucks up GL ?

GL: I've bled all those Euro promoters dry, but it's cool I found a new bunch of suckers in some weird fucking places that want to line my pockets, uh I mean put on a GP . Sweet !! More free holidays for me !!
kongols
1/22/2013 12:59pm
englishman wrote:
The quick version Geoff: What the fucks up GL ? GL: I've bled all those Euro promoters dry, but it's cool I found a new bunch...
The quick version

GL: I've bled all those Euro promoters dry, but it's cool I found a new bunch of suckers in some weird fucking places that want to line my pockets, uh I mean put on a GP . Sweet !! More free holidays for me !!
LaughingLaughingLaughing

mxnick
1/22/2013 12:59pm
2500 people working in the GP paddock?

I think he meant to say 250, and even that might be a stretch.
mtl
1/22/2013 1:05pm
"We need to find a market where the economy is growing, where the economy is stable. "

One Look at the GDP and standard of living of the European countries and the GDP of Qatar, Thailand, Brazil, Mexico will show that the average European has more disposable income to attend a race than anyone in Qatar, Thailand, Brazil, Mexico.

You could probably add two of them together and still not get the numbers that Germany and the Netherlands have.

This guy is delusional and any reporter not questioning his delusions is just a puppet not a journalist.
MXMattii
1/22/2013 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2013 1:10pm
englishman wrote:
The quick version Geoff: What the fucks up GL ? GL: I've bled all those Euro promoters dry, but it's cool I found a new bunch...
The quick version

kongols wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: [img]http://thisweconfess.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg[/img]
LaughingLaughingLaughing

1/22/2013 1:41pm
englishman wrote:
The quick version

Word!
1/22/2013 2:00pm
Yay we get 5-10 pro riders and a few wildcards to fill up the empty gates, that's gonna bring some awesome races!
1/22/2013 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2013 5:15pm
englishman wrote:
The quick version

Until he takes it to Asia (Thailand is attached to Singapore and Malaysia), go back and forth between two perennial tracks in one country inside Europe (France, not Germany) and go to Bahrain (Qatar is across the bay) we have nothing to worry about as far as him getting his ideas from Bernie Ecclestone...

WAIT A MINUTE! ShockedAngryLaughing
Harry_Gray
1/22/2013 5:13pm
The way I feel about Youthstream is the same way I feel about our elected officials in DC: I don't think much of either group. I wish more of the GP riders would come to the US and race. At least they'd get treated better...
mx_563
1/22/2013 7:00pm
englishman wrote:
The quick version

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lestat
1/22/2013 7:18pm
Why do Europeans consider it to be "our" championship ?? Its a WORLD championship ... it should be world wide .
Barrett57
1/22/2013 8:17pm
englishman wrote:
The quick version

LaughingLaughingLaughing Spot on!
1/22/2013 8:58pm
The interesting thing is this. There are more riders making a good living riding GP’s than in the US. Granted that there are 3 maybe 4 guys making really good money here, but after that it falls off substantially and then you have guys winning races that aren’t making shit. The middle class in the GP’s is much healthier than in the US. It is a simple fact not a theory. Does Tony make what RV does, no, but a host of riders that are in the 5-10 range in Europe are making 2 to 4 times the money of their counterparts in the US.

They are not doing everything so bad in Europe guys.
Fat Fingers
1/22/2013 9:36pm
You make some good points but I would think there are more than 3-4 guys in US on good money. I would say though that after the top 10 in both series, there wouldn't be many making a good living or even getting good rides.

It's not difficult to pick holes in youth streams GP's but I'm quite looking forward to watch night races in Qatar and then the Thailand race.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
1/22/2013 10:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2013 10:13pm

Post a reply to: New YS propaganda

The Latest