New FIM World Supercross Championship

kage173
12/19/2021 8:02pm
The biggest challenge won't be competing against US SX or finding stadiums. It'll be getting the GP stars to race it. Most injuries occur during sx and the Euros make their money in MX. Not gonna risk it.
fanger
12/19/2021 8:49pm
I pray to God they don't televise it on some shitty streaming service and just put it all up free to view on YouTube.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
12/19/2021 11:32pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2021 11:32pm
ill be waiting with great interest to see a schedule put out, maybe a US open type race on US soil would add something to it,

also interested to know what happens with the Aussie series now, does it stay the same time

2022 is an interesting time to launch this, as vaccine passes and the issues they bring along with travel restrictions are still in play in a lot of places
wr74
12/19/2021 11:46pm
Here are the key take aways from the article. Very very interesting !! I’ll copy full article when I have access to a pc.

“The group was established earlier this year and has put forward plans for a 14-event series, including races in Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, Asia, Europe and North America, and prizemoney of $US250,000 ($350,000) per event.
There are also plans to spend more than $US13m on signing up 10 teams to compete on the circuit, including signing-on and appearance fees”.

Raises a lot of questions about series timing and whether they target top US teams. Hard to see much room for US nationals if this is the case. Money talks.

The Shop

MotoX85
12/19/2021 11:56pm
Ill say that if they try to force the American riders to race the event, or try to incorporate the current American series into it, it will be the death of SX as we know it. Which to me is a good thing, I hate supercross. Which means we can expand he outdoor series.
Alan Dove
12/20/2021 12:09am
scott_nz wrote:
ill be waiting with great interest to see a schedule put out, maybe a US open type race on US soil would add something to it...
ill be waiting with great interest to see a schedule put out, maybe a US open type race on US soil would add something to it,

also interested to know what happens with the Aussie series now, does it stay the same time

2022 is an interesting time to launch this, as vaccine passes and the issues they bring along with travel restrictions are still in play in a lot of places
Conversely when the public and government start to see the economies start to collapse and the costs of what we have actually done become clear (high inflation is just the start), which does look likely, they may revert to getting as much economic activity fired up as possible. In the UK the health establishment is starting to creek as the messaging is falling apart as the economic reality is starting to hit home.
Pop Shmoke
12/20/2021 7:00am
If they can lure the top mxgp guys to race this series theyre going to have no problem at all attracting fans to watch on tv and go to the races. Gajser and Febvre have shown interest in supercross over the years so who knows.
12/20/2021 7:09am
Love the name SX Global. The Eastern Europeans in Chicago usually have Global in there buisness name. You need a buisness name and account to get paid. My 1st was aaglobal inc a s Corp. I changed it to Global 532 llc for tax reasons .
DC
12/20/2021 7:42am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2021 7:55am
Pop Shmoke wrote:
If they can lure the top mxgp guys to race this series theyre going to have no problem at all attracting fans to watch on tv...
If they can lure the top mxgp guys to race this series theyre going to have no problem at all attracting fans to watch on tv and go to the races. Gajser and Febvre have shown interest in supercross over the years so who knows.
Too soon.

DC
Racer X
yak651
Fantasy
168th
12/20/2021 7:45am
DC wrote:
Too soon.

DC
Racer X
wow...
DC
12/20/2021 7:54am
DC wrote:
Too soon.

DC
Racer X
yak651 wrote:
wow...
On second thought, sorry, always too soon.

DC
Racer X
MXMattii
12/20/2021 9:00am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2021 9:10am
I once attended a supercross in Arnhem (Holland) with Febvre, Gajser, M. Stewart, ... there was about 1k maybe 3k people and nobody got paid if I'm informed correctly. The races on the other hand were top! Just to say that some riders are pumped to ride SX and if this SX Global can create a good environment where riders get a nice paycheck, they will be there! Getting the crowd there is harder, see the supermotocross from Youthstream and this event in Arnhem too!

https://youtu.be/wiyFhlT4QzM
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
12/20/2021 9:26am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2021 11:07am
Love the name SX Global. The Eastern Europeans in Chicago usually have Global in there buisness name. You need a buisness name and account to get...
Love the name SX Global. The Eastern Europeans in Chicago usually have Global in there buisness name. You need a buisness name and account to get paid. My 1st was aaglobal inc a s Corp. I changed it to Global 532 llc for tax reasons .
I saw a documentary about two brothers that named their business Prestige Worldwide. They had investor presentations and a music video and everything.
Spudnut
12/20/2021 9:27am
mx251 wrote:
But will the field without Feld be stacked?
Who’s to say that feld isn’t involved? On their website it says they have another partner company that will be revealed when the schedule drops in 2022
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
12/20/2021 9:43am
MXMattii wrote:
I once attended a supercross in Arnhem (Holland) with Febvre, Gajser, M. Stewart, ... there was about 1k maybe 3k people and nobody got paid if...
I once attended a supercross in Arnhem (Holland) with Febvre, Gajser, M. Stewart, ... there was about 1k maybe 3k people and nobody got paid if I'm informed correctly. The races on the other hand were top! Just to say that some riders are pumped to ride SX and if this SX Global can create a good environment where riders get a nice paycheck, they will be there! Getting the crowd there is harder, see the supermotocross from Youthstream and this event in Arnhem too!

With Borat doing the play by play, I'm not sure how this doesn't have more views
kb228
12/20/2021 11:44am
Looks like a knock off supercross series with c string riders. Without the likes of tomac or prado this series doesnt mean anything. Might as well be an amateur series.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
12/20/2021 12:17pm
kb228 wrote:
Looks like a knock off supercross series with c string riders. Without the likes of tomac or prado this series doesnt mean anything. Might as well...
Looks like a knock off supercross series with c string riders. Without the likes of tomac or prado this series doesnt mean anything. Might as well be an amateur series.
The AMA Nationals without the likes of Herlings, Prado, etc. doesn't mean anything. Might as well be an amateur series. 🙄
lestat
12/20/2021 12:37pm
Great news for fans , industry and riders . Bad news for ama nats .
kb228
12/20/2021 12:42pm
kb228 wrote:
Looks like a knock off supercross series with c string riders. Without the likes of tomac or prado this series doesnt mean anything. Might as well...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The AMA Nationals without the likes of Herlings, Prado, etc. doesn't mean anything. Might as well be an amateur series. 🙄
The nationals have kenny ferrandis and musquin.. not even close to the same comparison
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
12/20/2021 12:53pm
kb228 wrote:
The nationals have kenny ferrandis and musquin.. not even close to the same comparison
You don't need the biggest names to have great racing. Proof of that is the LCQ's.

Having another series is a good thing.
MXMattii
12/20/2021 1:44pm
MXMattii wrote:
I once attended a supercross in Arnhem (Holland) with Febvre, Gajser, M. Stewart, ... there was about 1k maybe 3k people and nobody got paid if...

With Borat doing the play by play, I'm not sure how this doesn't have more views
Don't you hear that it's Mario? Mario the Plumber?
12/20/2021 2:31pm
For me the most important thing is the size of the fields within the stadiums. This last season we saw less baseball stadiums and more NFL (I assume), which in my mind led to cramped tracks, shorter laps, and a worse experience. Rounds at the speedways are always excellent, probably due to the extra space. There are probably only a handful of stadiums in Europe with the right combination of field size and ability to seat more than 25k (Croke Park and StadeDeFrance come to mind). Australia will be key with its AFL and cricket stadiums, not sure about the rest of the world.
12/20/2021 2:56pm
mx251 wrote:
Spudnut wrote:
Who’s to say that feld isn’t involved? On their website it says they have another partner company that will be revealed when the schedule drops in...
Who’s to say that feld isn’t involved? On their website it says they have another partner company that will be revealed when the schedule drops in 2022
Probably Monster? I guess this series needs a tittle sponsor
MXMattii
12/20/2021 3:46pm
mx251 wrote:
Spudnut wrote:
Who’s to say that feld isn’t involved? On their website it says they have another partner company that will be revealed when the schedule drops in...
thepelican wrote:
Probably Monster? I guess this series needs a tittle sponsor
I could see Feld stepping in as organization of US Events, if some brands choose to leave the US SX to race the World Championship with their A-list riders or if Monster Energy drops the "local series" for the World Championship. But that isn't the case at the moment, so they will probably go on with what they are doing.

scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
12/20/2021 7:10pm
Thinking about this , the KTM group is the only team that really run a world wide programme , the rest really run out of their USA based distributors , if they can get a commitment from them to support the world championship it would be a big boost
DonM
12/21/2021 6:23am
scott_nz wrote:
Thinking about this , the KTM group is the only team that really run a world wide programme , the rest really run out of their...
Thinking about this , the KTM group is the only team that really run a world wide programme , the rest really run out of their USA based distributors , if they can get a commitment from them to support the world championship it would be a big boost
Not going to happen the season is too long to begin with and to add more races with the 22 budgets already done and being spent the top US riders that do race will do one or two like an off season race. Maybe Marv because he’s SX only?
And if there isn’t any start money nobody will show.
I wish them luck but it’s going to be difficult…
gt80rider
12/21/2021 6:52am
Will be interesting to see if 5 yrs down the road if the top MXGP guys start racing that world SX series full time like we do here...

then.. the Euros will be splitting practice between SX and Moto... evening things up for MXDN....

Oh.. with a world SX series... we need an MXDN, with the following weekend being SXDN!!! SmileSmile
Leave Us To
12/27/2021 12:02pm
I hope they pull it off and give them major props for attempting it.
jesta
2/22/2022 9:14am
Interview on the Inside Supercars podcast with SX Global MD Ryan Sanderson gives a few more details about the plans:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0EuGnId3YBSV0eBJpIDkTK

2022 series to start either in second week in September or first week of October to avoid a clash with US SX/MX.

Will be a 5 race series this year with a plan for one race in North/South America (potentially both), Europe, Asia, Middle East and Australia/New Zealand. Hoping for at least 10 races in 2023.

Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas mentioned as a potential venue due to retractable surface, other cities they are looking at (but not limited to) are Paris, Singapore, Dubai and Jakarta. Presumably they would pick somewhere like Melbourne or Auckland for the Australia/New Zealand round as per previous events there.

Major international financial partner to be announced in the next week or so to support the series for the next 10 years or more.

When asked about potential names, Ryan mentioned Webb, Tomac, Anderson and the Lawrence brothers, so it would appear they are hoping to attract this calibre of rider? I wonder if perhaps the timing and short-length of the series could tempt them this year at least?

Post a reply to: New FIM World Supercross Championship

The Latest