New FIM World Supercross Championship

6/29/2022 5:18pm
Motofinne wrote:
Listen to the interview that ML did with Craig Dack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQOvIA4bZ8&ab_channel=VitalMX Kinda obvious that this year is "just a pilot" year with a couple of races...
Listen to the interview that ML did with Craig Dack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQOvIA4bZ8&ab_channel=VitalMX

Kinda obvious that this year is "just a pilot" year with a couple of races. Then they'll know what needs improvement for 2023 when they have a full schedule. I think it's a pretty sensible way of doing it. I don't understand why so many are so negative a skeptical towards this.
I'll get too many downvotes for this but there are so many negative comments in here because most are Americans and they don't want their series to be secondary. GlobalSX is bringing to the table a lot of the things we all have wished FELD to do but they never did so it's kinda ironic to see all the negative comments when they are basically stepping up supercross as a sport.
6/29/2022 5:56pm
Motofinne wrote:
Listen to the interview that ML did with Craig Dack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQOvIA4bZ8&ab_channel=VitalMX Kinda obvious that this year is "just a pilot" year with a couple of races...
Listen to the interview that ML did with Craig Dack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQOvIA4bZ8&ab_channel=VitalMX

Kinda obvious that this year is "just a pilot" year with a couple of races. Then they'll know what needs improvement for 2023 when they have a full schedule. I think it's a pretty sensible way of doing it. I don't understand why so many are so negative a skeptical towards this.
thepelican wrote:
I'll get too many downvotes for this but there are so many negative comments in here because most are Americans and they don't want their series...
I'll get too many downvotes for this but there are so many negative comments in here because most are Americans and they don't want their series to be secondary. GlobalSX is bringing to the table a lot of the things we all have wished FELD to do but they never did so it's kinda ironic to see all the negative comments when they are basically stepping up supercross as a sport.
Laughing The secondary series would be the WSX championship LaughingLaughingLaughing
lestat
6/29/2022 8:41pm
Motofinne wrote:

thepelican wrote:
I'll get too many downvotes for this but there are so many negative comments in here because most are Americans and they don't want their series...
They’re not worried about AMA SX , they are worried about AMANationals taking another hit . The fears are justified .
DonM
6/29/2022 9:01pm
Motofinne wrote:

thepelican wrote:
Haha! Secondary….you’re kind of clueless, the negativity is that we don’t need another series that will dilute the series that they decided to take on…instead of two series (MXGP and US national) we now have three competing for the same riders…not good for the sport…and then to call it a world championship when the majority of the riders racing it have never broke the top ten in the US SX races but will be racing for podiums in this second rate series…

The Shop

CPR
6/30/2022 4:58am
Motofinne wrote:

That’s a really good interview from ML and delivers plenty of insight into this year’s inaugural series.
Craig Dack’s no fool and it sounds like he genuinely believes this will be a good thing.
Motofinne
6/30/2022 5:09am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 5:11am
Motofinne wrote:

thepelican wrote:
DonM wrote:
Haha! Secondary….you’re kind of clueless, the negativity is that we don’t need another series that will dilute the series that they decided to take on…instead of...
Haha! Secondary….you’re kind of clueless, the negativity is that we don’t need another series that will dilute the series that they decided to take on…instead of two series (MXGP and US national) we now have three competing for the same riders…not good for the sport…and then to call it a world championship when the majority of the riders racing it have never broke the top ten in the US SX races but will be racing for podiums in this second rate series…
Riders and teams are set to actually make money from this new WSX series. I can't understand how that would be bad for the sport. Unless you look at this from a solely selfish point of view where the talent get spread out in the first couple of years.

KONG
6/30/2022 5:27am
MXMattii wrote:
Don't hold your breath that it is the schedule, rumors are that it is about a Chad Reed led team with Boost Mobile backing on a...
Don't hold your breath that it is the schedule, rumors are that it is about a Chad Reed led team with Boost Mobile backing on a Austrian manufacturer...
Word on the street is that TBA Global is working very hard on their wild cards, with boatloads of start money.
Which would kill right away the very first principle of their whole concept, equity.
KONG
6/30/2022 5:37am
Danny818 wrote:
I remember last time that FIM had a Supercross race (Dungey won) it was more of a FLAT TRACK race, if the Supercross tracks are going...
I remember last time that FIM had a Supercross race (Dungey won) it was more of a
FLAT TRACK race, if the Supercross tracks are going to be anything like that track, PASS……
SMX never was marketed as a supercross, but as indoor motocross.
The concept was to put together a race with manufacters teams mixing MXGP pilots and amercican championships stars. They had an amazing entry list, the racing was rather enjoyable, and attendence was an amazing all time low.
Huge stadium near Dortmund, Germany, almost totally empty...
Major fiasco for Youthstream...
The idea of having it every year was shelved before the gates opened, lol...
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
6/30/2022 7:52am
Kenny and Chase.
scott_nz wrote:
Does it surprise you that American Honda does not want to spend money on a series that does not have any rounds in the USA...
Does it surprise you that American Honda does not want to spend money on a series that does not have any rounds in the USA ?

Even if they released them I bet the riders wound want suspension at least
They will still do AMA SX, but no nationals obviously. So I’d say they would want the full bike.
Hmmm.. Kenny to World SX….
6/30/2022 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 12:58pm
Laughing The secondary series would be the WSX championship LaughingLaughingLaughing
The best riders will follow the money,let‘s wait and see which impact the new series will have.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/1/2022 2:45am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2022 9:30am
Round 2: Australia

October 21-22

Edit: Melbourne. Marvel Stadium.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
7/1/2022 6:40pm
So looking at the pic of tomac they list him as 2020 wsx fim champion. Kind of bs imo, if I were feld I would be pissed, but they have plenty to be pissed about atm.
aeffertz
7/2/2022 7:05am
mx 219 wrote:
So looking at the pic of tomac they list him as 2020 wsx fim champion. Kind of bs imo, if I were feld I would be...
So looking at the pic of tomac they list him as 2020 wsx fim champion. Kind of bs imo, if I were feld I would be pissed, but they have plenty to be pissed about atm.
For many years the AMA SX series was under the FIM World Championship umbrella so they have every right to reference those past championships.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
7/2/2022 7:34am
mx 219 wrote:
So looking at the pic of tomac they list him as 2020 wsx fim champion. Kind of bs imo, if I were feld I would be...
aeffertz wrote:
For many years the AMA SX series was under the FIM World Championship umbrella so they have every right to reference those past championships.
Who was the series promoter though?
Feld not sx global or whatever.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/2/2022 7:45am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Round 2: Australia

October 21-22

Edit: Melbourne. Marvel Stadium.
Round 3: Jarkata, Indonesia

I believe it'll be October 28th-29th.
aeffertz
7/5/2022 11:42am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2022 12:03pm
Mentioned on Pulp last night that supposedly the series is paying Roczen $250,000 start money for each round.

Also mentioned was that some of the existing teams are not happy that the series is paying for Roczen to essentially be gifted to a random team after they’ve already budgeted and had to pay for all their riders.

Gonna be a great pay day for Roczen this fall for 3 races!

At the beginning, the plan wasn’t for the series to pay individual riders large sums of money to race the series, so it does seem a little like a bait and switch situation for the teams that are involved.
whethefakawe
7/5/2022 1:23pm
After getting home last night, after spending almost 7 hours in a metal tube flying from Boston to Phoenix with an intermediate stop, I had another think about all this.

They plan 12 races all over the world next year, many or most in 3rd world countries like Saudi, Malaysia, Thailand etc?

First, travelling 12 or 15 hours by plane is EXHAUSTING and a huge pain in the balls nowadays. The dirty unvaxxed can't even go to the fecken police state of Australia. Not to mention, getting very expensive. Has anyone calculated the cost of flying 44 bikes and riders, plus support personnel, tools, spares, etc etc.........to a place like Thailand or even the UK? Have you ever experienced the DEBILITATING jetlag from flying LA to Sydney, or Tokyo, or Moscow? I have, and I wouldn't go near any type of machine like a dirtbike, a chainsaw or an axe for two days afterwards ......never mind go race SX after landing: laugh:

How many spectators do you think will show up in Saudi or Jakarta? Look at the battle to get even ONE MOTO on TV here in the Land of TV......ya think Vietnam or Zimbabwe TV is going to broadcast the event LIVE?? Worldwide??

If the promoters came straight out and said they're starting an Australian SX series, you could take them more seriously. Read some statistics and comments about MXGP in places like Thailand or Malaysia or Dubai and see. It's a huge financial loss for everybody, NOT worth it to race in front of 387 spectators in Bombay.

Just too many practical obstacles, granted many of which can be overcome by throwing LOTS of money at it, but how deep are these peoples' pockets? We're talking many many MILLIONS.

Don't forget, the AMA SX series was a "world championship" because of FIM involvement until 2020. Nobody cared. Now they want to split an already small pie? Start a SX B league? Pfffft.

We shall see what we shall see..........go on, shock and surprise me Woohoo

CPR
7/5/2022 2:09pm
After getting home last night, after spending almost 7 hours in a metal tube flying from Boston to Phoenix with an intermediate stop, I had another...
After getting home last night, after spending almost 7 hours in a metal tube flying from Boston to Phoenix with an intermediate stop, I had another think about all this.

They plan 12 races all over the world next year, many or most in 3rd world countries like Saudi, Malaysia, Thailand etc?

First, travelling 12 or 15 hours by plane is EXHAUSTING and a huge pain in the balls nowadays. The dirty unvaxxed can't even go to the fecken police state of Australia. Not to mention, getting very expensive. Has anyone calculated the cost of flying 44 bikes and riders, plus support personnel, tools, spares, etc etc.........to a place like Thailand or even the UK? Have you ever experienced the DEBILITATING jetlag from flying LA to Sydney, or Tokyo, or Moscow? I have, and I wouldn't go near any type of machine like a dirtbike, a chainsaw or an axe for two days afterwards ......never mind go race SX after landing: laugh:

How many spectators do you think will show up in Saudi or Jakarta? Look at the battle to get even ONE MOTO on TV here in the Land of TV......ya think Vietnam or Zimbabwe TV is going to broadcast the event LIVE?? Worldwide??

If the promoters came straight out and said they're starting an Australian SX series, you could take them more seriously. Read some statistics and comments about MXGP in places like Thailand or Malaysia or Dubai and see. It's a huge financial loss for everybody, NOT worth it to race in front of 387 spectators in Bombay.

Just too many practical obstacles, granted many of which can be overcome by throwing LOTS of money at it, but how deep are these peoples' pockets? We're talking many many MILLIONS.

Don't forget, the AMA SX series was a "world championship" because of FIM involvement until 2020. Nobody cared. Now they want to split an already small pie? Start a SX B league? Pfffft.

Luckily for them you’re not planning this. Just a few bits wrong in there…..
7/5/2022 2:20pm
It's like having a new girlfriend after a few months
In the beginning and it feels weird and you compare the new girlfriend with your ex girlfriend.

But after a while you realize it's much better.
wr74
7/5/2022 4:28pm
After getting home last night, after spending almost 7 hours in a metal tube flying from Boston to Phoenix with an intermediate stop, I had another...

As of today, no vaccination requirement to enter Australia, and no PCR test required either. Unfortunately, I think the change may have come too late to get a round in Oz.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/18/2022 9:11am
AUSTRALIA (July 19,2022) – Craig Dack Racing (CDR), the longest tenured and most successful team in Australian motocross and supercross history, is excited to announce three of its four riders competing in the FIM World Supercross Championship’s 2022 pilot season. The CDR team is led by Luke Clout who will compete in the WSX (450cc) class for the FIM-sanctioned World Championship. Talented Australian rider, Aaron Tanti, will compete in the SX2 (250cc) class, while Kyle Chisholm’s class will be revealed at a later date.

Clout, born and raised in New South Wales, is an established motocross and supercross rider that has ridden for Dack’s Australian team for several years and competed at the highest level of the sport. A former MX2 National Champion, Clout brings a championship pedigree to the CDR racing team who will lean on him to claim the WSX World Championship.

“My dream has always been to compete and win a World Championship in the 450cc class and I’m excited to be given the opportunity to race in the FIM-sanctioned World Supercross Championship,” said Clout. “Craig and the CDR team have instilled confidence in my ability to compete on supercross’s global stage with the best riders from around the world and I’m looking forward to the challenge, but understand it’s going to take hard work, determination and an intense drive to succeed.”

Clout’s presence and calm demeaner provides a foundation to forming true chemistry within the CDR team as they welcome teammate and Australian rider, Aaron Tanti, to the roster. Tanti has proven himself to be a reliable and determined supercross and motocross competitor with experience in both Australia and the United States. Adding to the Australian mix of riders competing in the FIM World Supercross Championship, CDR welcomes Kyle Chisholm, hailing from the United States to create a nice mix of Aussie and American flare as the team prepares for the upcoming pilot season. Chisholm is a rider with extensive experience and solid results in both 250cc and 450cc classes.

“As we embark on our journey to compete for an FIM-sanctioned World Supercross Championship Title, we’re thrilled with the prospects of our team and believe the combination of Luke, Aaron and Kyle gives us an impressive roster to compete for podiums right out of the gates during this pilot season,” said Dack. “These three guys possess several critical intangibles on and off the track that will serve our team well when competing on the global stage against the best riders supercross has to offer and we couldn’t be more excited to get the season going.”
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/12/2022 7:32am
The 10th and final team is Honda NILS Racing out of Italy managed by Livia Lancelot.

Australia (August 11, 2022) – SX Global, the Australian sports and entertainment company spearheading the FIM World Supercross Championship (WSX), today announced Italian team, Honda NILS as its 10th and final team competing in the 2022 FIM World Supercross Championship. The team will announce its four riders in the coming weeks as it prepares for the Global WSX Championship kicking off on Saturday, October 8th in Cardiff, Wales at Principality Stadium.

“We are incredibly excited to have Honda NILS join us on our journey. Our pilot season boasts strong teams from the US, France and Australia, fielding incredible riders from across the globe, said Adam Bailey, Managing Director – Motorsport of SX Global. “Having a trailblazer like Livia Lancelot who has contributed so much to the sport both on and off the race track, serving as Team Manager adds another layer of excitement and intrigue around this team and our series.”

The 34-year-old Lancelot won the first ever women’s motocross World Championship in 2008 and followed it up with another world title run in 2016. After retiring from competition, she has worked as a Team Manager since 2017 in the MX2 class of the MXGP World Championship scoring multiple podium wins. She now becomes the most decorated female Team Manager in major Supercross anywhere in the world.

“Our ‘offseason’ is only a few weeks, so we are quickly working to get riders and crew members under contract, and bikes ready to race, all while tackling the logistics a global series requires. It’s a great challenge, and we are ready to face it.” said Lancelot.

Tumic
8/12/2022 7:58am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2022 7:59am
DonM wrote:
Haha! Secondary….you’re kind of clueless, the negativity is that we don’t need another series that will dilute the series that they decided to take on…instead of...
Often when i read your posts, you just comes of as a small minded douche.

And do i really need to remind you that AMA SX and MX is two NATIONAL championships, and guess what, EVERY fucking country in the world that races MX has a national championship, there is nothing more special about your’s than any other. Yes, you have some fast riders in the top, but those riders could never win the Dutch championship and we don’t se much hype about that, do we?

So please, just sit down in the boat and accept that racing don’t circulate around ONE country in the world. And that’s why they now have created a WORLD championship that will be held in multiple countrys..
aeffertz
8/15/2022 8:50am
On the latest Bubba’s World podcast, they mentioned that Dunlop is developing a spec tire for this series so everyone will have to run the same tires. Also that Oakley is trying to be the official goggle of the series, meaning everyone would have to wear Oakley goggles.

Interesting angle if they end up going through and what other companies would look into doing something similar with their product.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
8/15/2022 10:29am
aeffertz wrote:
On the latest Bubba’s World podcast, they mentioned that Dunlop is developing a spec tire for this series so everyone will have to run the same...
On the latest Bubba’s World podcast, they mentioned that Dunlop is developing a spec tire for this series so everyone will have to run the same tires. Also that Oakley is trying to be the official goggle of the series, meaning everyone would have to wear Oakley goggles.

Interesting angle if they end up going through and what other companies would look into doing something similar with their product.
oof, that sounds like a major step in the wrong direction
CPR
8/15/2022 11:59am
aeffertz wrote:
On the latest Bubba’s World podcast, they mentioned that Dunlop is developing a spec tire for this series so everyone will have to run the same...

oof, that sounds like a major step in the wrong direction
The Australian V8 Supercars series which some of the WSX promoters were involved in developing, had spec tyre and fuel.
Standardises a couple of the variables and makes sense from a freight perspective where the spec sponsor/ promoter is responsible for getting stuff to each round. However a goggle deal sounds a bit weird and unwarranted?
ATKpilot99
8/15/2022 12:10pm
DonM wrote:
Tumic wrote:
Often when i read your posts, you just comes of as a small minded douche. And do i really need to remind you that AMA SX...
Often when i read your posts, you just comes of as a small minded douche.

And do i really need to remind you that AMA SX and MX is two NATIONAL championships, and guess what, EVERY fucking country in the world that races MX has a national championship, there is nothing more special about your’s than any other. Yes, you have some fast riders in the top, but those riders could never win the Dutch championship and we don’t se much hype about that, do we?

So please, just sit down in the boat and accept that racing don’t circulate around ONE country in the world. And that’s why they now have created a WORLD championship that will be held in multiple countrys..
Calm down .... It's going to be ok .

Post a reply to: New FIM World Supercross Championship

The Latest