New FIM World Supercross Championship

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2021 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2021 10:55 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/19/2021 10:47 AM

Will be interesting. Could see it just being a bigger Aus series…

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/19/2021 10:55 AM

Do they plan on getting Webb , Roczen , Tomac etc. to race the series ?

|

12/19/2021 10:55 AM

I can't see American teams leaving AMA Supercross to race this series. Supposedly international venues are being looked into, so it could be more than just an Australian series, but Supercross is American, and Feld has a great series even without FIM sanctioning.

|

12/19/2021 11:00 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Will be interesting. Could see it just being a bigger Aus series…

Website mentions many countries have been asking for Supercross, so who knows.

2022 is next month. You can sign up for notifications. I could see next year being Australia and New Zealand and growing from there.

Competition is not a bad thing. Lower tiered guys might get offers to join teams of that series.

|

12/19/2021 11:01 AM

More competition is good for the product. If they have the same kind of TV package as they do for MXGP, then I don't see what not to get excited about. I hope all the top MXGP guys race this series and we have a short off season as fans cool

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

12/19/2021 11:02 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Do they plan on getting Webb , Roczen , Tomac etc. to race the series ?

i doubt they will, the factory teams are funded by the USA promotional budget, so it wont mean much to them to race this series,

someone may be able to make it work like Brayton has, it will be interesting to see if they just stay in Aussie and NZ, i had heard they were looking at other venues in Asia and maybe the middle east,

|

12/19/2021 11:07 AM

I'll keep an open mind on this one. I have many questions though.

|

12/19/2021 11:11 AM

|

12/19/2021 11:17 AM

Will they have whoops?

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

12/19/2021 11:18 AM

|

12/19/2021 11:19 AM

They should run it at Glen Helen.

|

12/19/2021 11:19 AM

I love how they featured Ronnie Mac in the promo vid for the world championship lol

|

12/19/2021 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2021 11:27 AM

My semi-educated guess...

Takes pace AFTER MXGP/ during the Fall-Winter...into the Holidays (would NOT overlap with our SX series).
Needs to be on 4-5 continents...
N & S Americas, Asia (Including an Aussie swing) & Europe...would be nice to swing by S. Africa and I'm sure Abu Dhabi, the Saudis and others will be interested...

So, we'll see...?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

12/19/2021 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2021 11:27 AM

It will take years of development and investments. I hope they`re ready for it. One year of doing it halfassed and it`s over.

|

12/19/2021 11:29 AM

Reedy vs Brayton?

|

12/19/2021 11:34 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Takes pace AFTER MXGP/ during the Fall-Winter...into the Holidays (would NOT overlap with our SX ...more

4-5 continents.. Cant really see that happen just look how Australia been last 2 years and no light in sight.
That will also blow any traveling budgets for smaller teams. Maybe combine events like Paris Genova UK and add something like Saudis.

|

12/19/2021 11:36 AM

One round in Australia and the rest in the USA and call it a world championship.

|

12/19/2021 11:37 AM

If they don’t have a round in Amsterdam, somebody should be publicly stoned ! Photo

|

12/19/2021 11:48 AM

Cool a new big shiny Supercross series! But when are amateurs going to have a legit foundation to get them ready for SX? Little to no SX tracks for amateurs to get their feet wet on, and Supercross futures was becoming a good stepping stone, but this year was horrendous.

|

12/19/2021 11:59 AM

Take the big money from countries like the saudis and Russians to host and do huge prize payouts to draw gp or decent US talent is the only way I see it working out

|

12/19/2021 12:04 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Takes pace AFTER MXGP/ during the Fall-Winter...into the Holidays (would NOT overlap with our SX ...more

tek14 wrote:

4-5 continents.. Cant really see that happen just look how Australia been last 2 years and no light in sight.
That will also ...more

Potential sources of money...
Title Sponsors = Money
Host Countries = Money
Host Cities = Money

This series, if the Oz-X series is any indicator, will provide "Start Money" and the like.That will draw riders.

But, the OEMs have to WANT to let their riders race this. I think some of the MXGP crowd will go for this...
Including...possibly...the OEMs...IF IT MAKES FINANCIAL SENSE...and that, too, can fall on the promoters.

I can see certain Middle-East, Asian & even S. African gov'ts throwing some $ at this. That could go A LONG WAY to helping fund the riders/teams that're needed to make this a success. Heck, after the almost 'total loss' of international travel and tourism...I could see some European countries/cities "putting in on this".

Rolling races like Bercy into this should be a no-brainer IF...IF...all the various promoters can get along.

Btw, OUR SX series was suppose to "go global"...hell, it was scheduled...then...
The Zombie Apocalypse happened and the FIM was sent packing.

So, this is filling that plan...sorta.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

12/19/2021 12:05 PM

I’m genuinely surprised that Feld doesn’t own the name “Supercross.”

|

12/19/2021 12:07 PM

Rupert X wrote:

If they don’t have a round in Amsterdam, somebody should be publicly stoned ! Photo

You can buy and smoke weed in a lot of US states these days already

|

12/19/2021 12:10 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

tek14 wrote:

That will also ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

Title Sponsors = Money
Host Countries = Money
Host Cities = Money

This series, if the Oz-X ...more

What non US rounds were scheduled ?

|

12/19/2021 12:11 PM

tek14 wrote:

That will also ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

Title Sponsors = Money
Host Countries = Money
Host Cities = Money

This series, if the Oz-X ...more

ATKpilot99 wrote:

What non US rounds were scheduled ?

There was a plan to go to the middle-east...initially...and to expand from there. I believe the 1st year was suppose to be 2021...?

|

12/19/2021 12:12 PM

Moto Mofo wrote:

I’m genuinely surprised that Feld doesn’t own the name “Supercross.”

I'm thinking they may soon argue that they do.

|

12/19/2021 12:14 PM

Mm471 wrote:

Take the big money from countries like the saudis and Russians to host and do huge prize payouts to draw gp or decent US ...more

Are prize payouts going to be enough to rival a factory contract to race AMA supercross?

|

12/19/2021 12:16 PM

If I am Feld, Im watching this promo video 100000x times and making damn sure they arent using footage from any races that I promoted. If they did, then I would have this video removed immeadiately. I dont think this series is going to pose any threat the the real Supercross series, but if Im Feld, Im starting with this video and making sure this never competes with the real Supercross series.

|

12/19/2021 12:31 PM

I'm thinking It'll be the aus teams and guys on the fringe like peters, blose etc racing to start with. If they run the junior classes like the Australian series has in the past, the riders will be better than the us guys in a few generations. Either way you look at it, this will be amazing for the Australian scene.

|