New WP XACT Shock?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2018 12:46 PM

This is on Benny's Factory bike from MEC. What's the deal with this shock? No more TRAX?

Photo

|

10/14/2018 1:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2018 1:34 PM

yes it will avaiable next year with the new xact pro fork the pro model has a cone valve system inside

|

10/14/2018 2:27 PM

They’ve been on the shock all year, they just finally made a sticker for the new system name.

|

10/14/2018 2:30 PM

So the WP forks will be called Xact Pro? Replacing Cone Valves as the priemium WP suspension?

|

10/14/2018 2:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2018 2:38 PM

yes x act is a closed cartridge fork with cone valve system it will be in gold like 52

|

10/14/2018 2:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2018 2:37 PM

thearc wrote:

So the WP forks will be called Xact Pro? Replacing Cone Valves as the priemium WP suspension?

Probably because a version of cone valves will be the production fork next year.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

10/14/2018 2:41 PM

x act pro shock will be with bladder it will be fit on every linkage austrian models

|

10/14/2018 3:09 PM

thearc wrote:

Myke wrote:

Probably because a version of cone valves will be the production fork next year.

Whaaaaaat? Thats interesting!

|

10/14/2018 3:31 PM

thearc wrote:

Myke wrote:

Hmmmm.....

|

10/14/2018 4:37 PM

thearc wrote:

Myke wrote:

langhammx wrote:

Hmmmm.....

2020 Ktm sounds good to me

|

10/14/2018 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2018 5:24 PM

If KTM goes cone valve forks in 2020 I wonder if they will be difficult to set up for the masses and make a good production fork for a wide range of riders?

|

10/15/2018 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 8:03 PM

Myke wrote:

So a sticker on the shock means 2020 forks will have cone valves? #VitalLogic

|

10/15/2018 10:56 PM

The new KTM 450 Rally comes with the new XACT fork. I have to sa that i am not a big fan of the new color, i definitely prefer the black. I was considering changing my Öhlins kit for the new XACT but the color really is a deal breaker for me.

KTM 450 Rally

|

10/16/2018 12:05 AM

Huskyman wrote:

The new KTM 450 Rally comes with the new XACT fork. I have to sa that i am not a big fan of the new color, i definitely prefer ...more

You won't switch forks because of the color?

"It's a better fork but I don't like the color so I'm not getting them."

Makes sense.

If it's such a big deal get them re-anodized.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/16/2018 1:17 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

...more

When i spend that kind of money i want to be able to enjoy the look to. Silly, i know.

Maybe i change my mind when i get to try them out.

|

10/16/2018 3:56 AM

ML512 wrote:

They’ve been on the shock all year, they just finally made a sticker for the new system name.

Any inside info on the shock? Is it still using the "TRAX" system?

|

10/16/2018 7:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 7:48 AM

ML512 wrote:

LumpDog841 wrote:

I had heard that the Trax-style system will be adjustable from the outside (you can turn it on and off basically). From what I’ve seen, it’s not commonly used in the US do to his it effects the bike on a Supercross track. I was out on a test the other day with the Gas Monkey team and we had one shock with it enabled and one disabled...the difference in the whoops was pretty big. (The system disabled was preferred by the two riders who tried it)

Basically the Trax system fully opens the rebound channel when activated, allowing the rear wheel to drop out and return to the ground quicker.

|

10/16/2018 7:49 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

...more

Fortunately for everyone, they can do and buy whatever they want for whatever reasons.

|

10/16/2018 8:00 AM

ML512 wrote:

LumpDog841 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I had heard that the Trax-style system will be adjustable from the outside (you can turn it on and off basically). From what I ...more

You think a handlebar mounted switch is coming? Turn trax off for whoops, back on for the rest of the track?

|

10/16/2018 8:08 AM

colintrax wrote:

You think a handlebar mounted switch is coming? Turn trax off for whoops, back on for the rest of the track?

No, not to that extent. More like some sort of adjuster or clicker on the shock itself. The whoops aren't the only situation where rider may not prefer the Trax system, but it's ultimately up to personal preference and the "feel" they're looking for.

|

10/16/2018 8:20 AM

i have one trax on my 17 husky 450 sometimes i like sometimes no for sure on sand and soft rollers no on hardpack with long rough uphill yes. trax increase traction but the rear of the bike is too much active i prefer a rear dead feeling. when i ride my husky 450 and after on same track same day i ride yzf with normal kyb inotice a lot system also on take off finally i prefer without if i want push if i want stay in comfort and normal speed only think about my style i prefer with if the track has not big rollers.

|

10/16/2018 10:04 AM

ML512 wrote:

I had heard that the Trax-style system will be adjustable from the outside (you can turn it on and off basically). From what I ...more

Imho american riding market generally doesnt like trax for poor reasons

Its also why the euros are starting to kick ass in moto.
A slow dead shock rebound often feels pleasant to a person accustomed to it - but the reality is the faster the rebound you can have the better for nearly all situations. The trax tries to get both - more dead and planted under load - but fast recovery when the wheel isnt loaded (ml512 knows this of course)

The us has always wanted low and slow - which i never personally understood.

|

10/16/2018 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 12:19 PM

ML512 wrote:

LumpDog841 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

You can run a lot slower rebound with the Trax system which means you don't have to compromise so much between traction and rear wheel ground contact. For sx I fully understand it might be an issue in whoops if the rear drops faster than the fork making the bike feel unbalanced or front end low.

Critical that the rebound is adjusted slower if you go stiffer on springs with trax.

Should also add that trax-system can be setup to not only be either on or off, but anything in between. As a middle ground.

|

11/12/2018 5:09 PM

Myke wrote:

Just seen this on instagram Photo

|

11/13/2018 7:30 AM

thearc wrote:

Myke wrote:

Evan_Denysiuk1 wrote:

so its a hybrid?

|

11/13/2018 8:41 AM

Here’s one of the shock Photo

|

11/13/2018 9:17 AM

Myke wrote:

Evan_Denysiuk1 wrote:

TSCHAM101 wrote:

so its a hybrid?

That could describe this year's AER48 also. I guess it just remains to be seen what damping system they use in the CC part of the fork.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

11/13/2018 9:34 AM

Evan_Denysiuk1 wrote:

TSCHAM101 wrote:

so its a hybrid?

mx317 wrote:

That could describe this year's AER48 also. I guess it just remains to be seen what damping system they use in the CC part of ...more

Are those photos from KTM Factory Edition 2019,5?

|

11/13/2018 9:59 AM

Looked into this as we were getting calls about it. Simply put, Its a rebrand.

WP Motocross products will be XACT (XACT, XACT Pro (Black sticker), and XACT Pro Factory (Red Sticker). Their Enduro products will still be XPLOR, and sport bikes fall under APEX. As 2019s are released, you'll notice the naming more and more. Example: https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/11/article/2019-ktm-690-smc-r-first-look/

|

11/13/2018 10:02 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

so its a hybrid?

mx317 wrote:

That could describe this year's AER48 also. I guess it just remains to be seen what damping system they use in the CC part of ...more

tek14 wrote:

Are those photos from KTM Factory Edition 2019,5?

Looks like the herlings edition? Just found it browsing insta the other day. Photo

|