New WP XACT Pro 6500 Cartridges

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2021 6:17 AM

|

Powerband in every gear !

7/28/2021 9:08 AM

I’m also curious as to the performance level of these forks.

And I assume they’re coil spring since they have a spring preload adjustment, but it’s odd that nothing specifically mentions it.

|

7/28/2021 9:17 AM

If the AER forks are so disliked that even WP makes their own "spring conversion" and now "cartridge/spring conversion" kits... and I'm just spitballing here... maybe they should just come stock with the new "XACT 6500 spring forks"

|

7/28/2021 9:49 AM

slipdog wrote:

If the AER forks are so disliked that even WP makes their own "spring conversion" and now "cartridge/spring conversion" ...more

I'm one of the guys that doesn't really have a problem with the stock AER's, especially the 2020 and 2021 and newer. To me they are really good. I kinda like that the bikes are delivered with cheaper, lighter, easily adjustable air forks but the option is there to change to spring forks for those who so desire. Unlike competitors bikes where you basically get what you get and that's that.

Now, what would be really cool is if you could pick which one you want and spec the bike at time of purchase and avoid having to do the swap. I suppose that's expecting too much especially in this time of covid craziness.

At the end of the day, I would only buy these cartridges if they were a massive slam dunk performance improvement, like a no brainer. Otherwise, I can't really justify the cost as a local Vet rider who is pretty happy with the stock forks.

|

Powerband in every gear !

7/28/2021 9:59 AM

slipdog wrote:

If the AER forks are so disliked that even WP makes their own "spring conversion" and now "cartridge/spring conversion" ...more

just what a 10 k bike needs, a 2k suspension mod.

|

7/28/2021 9:59 AM

slipdog wrote:

I thought people not liking their suspension would be good for business? cool

I think a lot of people actually don't have an issue with their suspension until they read how crap it is on the internet.

|

7/30/2021 10:32 AM

or until they ride their buddys yamaha

|

7/30/2021 10:36 AM

I thought these carts were for the xplor fork?

|

7/30/2021 11:08 AM

soggy wrote:

I thought these carts were for the xplor fork?

They were originally, now they have a version for XACT.

|

7/30/2021 12:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2021 12:22 PM

I happen to like the AER forks. I had an 18 SXF 450 that was revalved by FC for my ability/weight and it felt pretty good. I just picked up a 2022 250 SX-F and the forks feel better than my revalved FC set up. Just fyi. The 2021-2022 forks are night and day better than the old AER forks. At least in my opinion.

|

7/30/2021 12:35 PM

ZOSICK wrote:

I happen to like the AER forks. I had an 18 SXF 450 that was revalved by FC for my ability/weight and it felt pretty good. I ...more

Offroad riders seem to have the opposite opinion. It appears the valving was a step backwards on their XC models.

|

7/30/2021 2:54 PM

ZOSICK wrote:

I happen to like the AER forks. I had an 18 SXF 450 that was revalved by FC for my ability/weight and it felt pretty good. I ...more

Broseph wrote:

Offroad riders seem to have the opposite opinion. It appears the valving was a step backwards on their XC models.

I had a 20 300xc and have a 21 ex300 now. The 21 is significantly better to me. The shock is better too.

|

7/30/2021 6:00 PM

ZOSICK wrote:

Broseph wrote:

wrc777 wrote:

I had a 20 300xc and have a 21 ex300 now. The 21 is significantly better to me. The shock is better too.

That’s interesting. What does your ‘21 do better? Front end traction? Less jarring on roots and rocks? I wonder how the EX valving compares to the XC and TX.

|

7/30/2021 8:49 PM

Broseph wrote:

wrc777 wrote:

Broseph wrote:

That’s interesting. What does your ‘21 do better? Front end traction? Less jarring on roots and rocks? I wonder how the EX ...more

Yes all those things. Maybe even better bottoming resistance. Less sting on slap down landings too. The only negative is the fork clickers don’t seem as sensitive. The mid valve dominates the damping now instead of the base valve.

|

7/30/2021 9:11 PM

Broseph wrote:

wrc777 wrote:

Broseph wrote:

That’s interesting. What does your ‘21 do better? Front end traction? Less jarring on roots and rocks? I wonder how the EX ...more

21 XC250. Strangest thing I'm experiencing, is that the front end wonders on me. It's a little un-nerving when I'm on a single track trail 12" wide, and the front end doesn't stick, kinda goes where it wants to.

I'm still baffled, as I've never experienced this in all my decades of riding. I'm searching, trying different air pressures, compression and rebound, different sag settings, kinda weird, I must say.

Really only bothers me when there's a steep canyon on both sides of the 12" wide trailshocked

|

7/30/2021 11:05 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

21 XC250. Strangest thing I'm experiencing, is that the front end wonders on me. It's a little un-nerving when I'm on a single ...more

I have a '21 TX300 and have the same issue.. I assumed it was a warn front tire. Now I'm wondering if its a bike thing. raise forks in the clamps maybe??

|

7/31/2021 2:05 AM

wrc777 wrote:

Broseph wrote:

NeedMoto wrote:

21 XC250. Strangest thing I'm experiencing, is that the front end wonders on me. It's a little un-nerving when I'm on a single ...more

Fwiw my ‘19. TX wondered a bit on uphills. A stiffer shock spring fixed it. I run the same sag with both springs but I think the stiffer spring holds up better when going up hill. Im 180bls without gear.

|

7/31/2021 6:11 AM

wrc777 wrote:

Broseph wrote:

NeedMoto wrote:

How many hours on your front tire? I had a similar problem and even though the front tire looked fine it wasn’t. Check your triple clamp torque too.

|

7/31/2021 6:29 AM

Broseph wrote:

NeedMoto wrote:

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

I have a '21 TX300 and have the same issue.. I assumed it was a warn front tire. Now I'm wondering if its a bike thing. raise ...more

Haven't raised the forks yet, there at the 2nd line. Willing to try anything. I'll move them up to the 3rd and give it a try.

|

7/31/2021 6:32 AM

Broseph wrote:

NeedMoto wrote:

BikePilot wrote:

Fwiw my ‘19. TX wondered a bit on uphills. A stiffer shock spring fixed it. I run the same sag with both springs but I think ...more

Hadn't thought about a stiffer shock spring. Sag is 105, with a pre-load of 5mm, and static sag of 37. I weigh 182 without gear. I'll try a spring and see if it helps.

|

7/31/2021 6:35 AM

Broseph wrote:

NeedMoto wrote:

wrc777 wrote:

How many hours on your front tire? I had a similar problem and even though the front tire looked fine it wasn’t. Check your ...more

Bike is new, now 9hrs on it. I re-torqued the t-clamps when first bought.

|

7/31/2021 6:45 AM

NeedMoto wrote:

Hadn't thought about a stiffer shock spring. Sag is 105, with a pre-load of 5mm, and static sag of 37. I weigh 182 without ...more

Are you sure your sag numbers correct? 5mm preload for 37mm static doesn’t sound right to me on the stock spring

|

7/31/2021 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2021 7:29 AM

NeedMoto wrote:

BikePilot wrote:

Fwiw my ‘19. TX wondered a bit on uphills. A stiffer shock spring fixed it. I run the same sag with both springs but I think ...more

NeedMoto wrote:

Hadn't thought about a stiffer shock spring. Sag is 105, with a pre-load of 5mm, and static sag of 37. I weigh 182 without ...more

Cool, we are close enough to the same weight that I imagine our experience will be similar. Mine definitely felt better with the one step stiffer spring. Like you I was able to get proper sag with either spring, but it sure feels bettter on hills and when accelerating hard when the stiffer spring. Does not feel stiffer on bumps/rocks to any meaningful degree. For background I ride vet A and spend most of my time on Colorado single track, with a few trips to the MX tracks and desert.

I run 103mm race sag, which works out to about 37.5mm static sag for reference. No idea how much preload is on the spring. Those figures are geared up at the trail head. Camelback, tools, etc. haven’t weighed myself in ready to ride gear but it’s certainly some extra weight relative to my 180lbs without gear.

|

7/31/2021 9:51 AM

If you raise the forks it will get more twitchy.

|

7/31/2021 10:34 AM

BikePilot wrote:

NeedMoto wrote:

BikePilot wrote:

Cool, we are close enough to the same weight that I imagine our experience will be similar. Mine definitely felt better with ...more

Probably close to 30# I bet. I’m surprised you guys are getting those sag numbers on the stock spring.

|

7/31/2021 11:01 AM

NeedMoto wrote:

BikePilot wrote:

Cool, we are close enough to the same weight that I imagine our experience will be similar. Mine definitely felt better with ...more

soggy wrote:

Probably close to 30# I bet. I’m surprised you guys are getting those sag numbers on the stock spring.

I’m running a one step stiffer spring than stock.

|