New Sx venues

drt410
Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 11:40am
So there are a few world class NFL stadiums being built currently in LA and Las Vegas. This should give sx a couple new incredible stadiums to compete in and specifically I wonder if the Vegas Sx will move. LA specifically is going to be the top designed most expensive stadium in history. Vegas is another world class design that even has a view of the strip from inside the stadium. Theres a few more that will be built as well like Buffalo and DC, so LA, LV, and DC I could see being used.

Also I doubt many people here follow US soccer lol, buuut there are teams all over the country and in cities without NFL teams and almost every team has or is currently building a new stadium. This should mean more venues for sx.

Soccer ground floors are even bigger than football fields too. The soccer stadiums are also designed to be much steeper bringing seats closer to the field kind of like how old nhl/nba stadiums were in the glory days giving incredibly close viewing for all seats. Also the capacity is less too and sx doesnt fill up most NFL stadiums so this can make a muuuch better viewing experience for the people, and they can still hold 20-40k people but with better views. Should be pretty cool for the future of the sport. The future is bright.

New Vegas NFL stadium

New LA NFL stadium

New Sacramento soccer stadium

Charlotte Soccer stadium

Portland OR soccer stadium expansion

Nashville MLS

Minnesota MLS

Austin MLS

Orlando -look at how steep the seats are...incredibly close to the action

D.C. United field

In cities where they only use the lower bowl of seats anyways on NFL stadiums it can be viable to use some of the new MLS stadiums being built. The new Vegas stadium should be great for SX, MEC needs the outside of the stadium, buut... the Vegas NFL stadium could be great for the last SX race and championship right on the strip.

|
3/25/2019 11:13am
I always thought that soccer fields would make better stadiums that the football ones, but maybe its just that I find the interiors look cooler Grinning

They definitely need another Canadian stop though.
drt410
3/25/2019 11:18am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 11:29am
Vancouver Whitecaps Soccer capacity 54,000

Toronto FC capacity 30,000

Montreal MLS stadium 21,000

The soccer stadiums seem better because they are. Theyre really trying to get people to the games and provide intimate very close to the action experiences, so theyre designing stadiums with very steep seats so even nose bleeds are close to the action just higher up. Its the way old places like the Boston Garden were designed you were on top of the action. Theres a reason they designed stadiums like that back in the day before tv... the in game viewing was insane. Newer MLB/NHL arenas like Seattle and the Seattle NFL stadium were designed with this in mind. Since the soccer venues are all new they got to get on it early. For sx theyd be jumping and be out in front of you from higher up, itd be badass..
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/25/2019 11:26am
Soccer stadiums pose a problem with how low the first rows are.

The new Vegas stadium will be the home of the Vegas Supercross and MEC, I heard Sam Boyd is going to be demolished or repurposed once the new stadium opens.

The Shop

3/25/2019 11:31am
ML512 wrote:
Soccer stadiums pose a problem with how low the first rows are. The new Vegas stadium will be the home of the Vegas Supercross and MEC...

The new Vegas stadium will be the home of the Vegas Supercross and MEC, I heard Sam Boyd is going to be demolished or repurposed once the new stadium opens.
Serious question (and sorry if its a dumb one), why is that? Whats the purpose of them covering the bottom few rows currently? Just more sponsor space or is it a safety thing?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/25/2019 11:36am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 11:37am
Serious question (and sorry if its a dumb one), why is that? Whats the purpose of them covering the bottom few rows currently? Just more sponsor...
Serious question (and sorry if its a dumb one), why is that? Whats the purpose of them covering the bottom few rows currently? Just more sponsor space or is it a safety thing?
The bottom rows aren't very good places to watch the races from. You can only see the action right in front of you, but you are generally blocked from seeing other parts of the track.

And, they probably like to keep people out of them for safety reasons.
drt410
3/25/2019 11:37am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 11:38am
Its because the seats go to ground level. If they want they can just cover the first few rows and put up some barriers if need be... no biggie at all. They can cover the first 10-15 whatever rows.
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/25/2019 11:37am
Some of these aren't really new markets. Florida, California already have rounds or have been tried before without desired success. Tennessee has a round in a couple weeks. DC and moreso Charlotte should get a round. Also, the new stadium in Atlanta is so nice the stadium rental fee may have priced itself out of the series, so there is that to consider.
drt410
3/25/2019 11:39am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 11:40am
ML512 wrote:
Soccer stadiums pose a problem with how low the first rows are. The new Vegas stadium will be the home of the Vegas Supercross and MEC...

Thats badass about the Vegas stadium. Anything about LA?

Oh yea heres the stadium today

RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/25/2019 11:52am
Yeah, I am curious to see if Supercross will visit the new Los Angeles Stadium when it is complete. Anaheim has been a staple of the series. And I understand that the industry likes it because so many industry companies are located in Orange County or the Inland Empire area.

Maybe they cut Anaheim down to one event per year and move the other to the stadium in Inglewood? I would support that, since Inglewood is closer for me.
Kenny Lingus
3/25/2019 11:53am
Buffalo is not building a new stadium. If they do, it will not have a roof.
3/25/2019 12:05pm
ML512 wrote:

Arlington has first rows below field level they tarp over so it's not a first row height problem. They have the seating capacity to give up a few 1,000 seats though.

Some stadiums, mainly MLS 3.0 stadiums, have field level seats and those steep angles mentioned above. Others use NFL stadiums and SX goes there already. Some are multi purpose to suite American Football (like Toyota Stadium, BC Place, StubHub) and have higher walls. And then some, like Providence Park, are old football/baseball stadiums with exceptionally high walls around most of the stadium. I guess what I'm saying is that it just depends man. They're not all the same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post a reply to: New Sx venues

The Latest