New So Cal MX Park needs support

RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
This project needs your support. It's going be located between Perris and Lake Elsinore. It is the replacement for Milestone that closed.

Submit your email to the Project Planner before September 22.

CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT NO. 190014 and NOISE ORDINANCE EXCEPTION NO. 2100002 – Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration – CEQ190083 – Owner: Isaac Sloan – Applicant: Aaron Cooke – First Supervisorial District – Mead Valley Area Plan – Rural Mountainous (RM) and Rural Residential (RR) General Plan Designations – Good Hope Zoning Area – Zoning: Rural Residential (R-R) – Location: Northerly of Ethinac Road, westerly of Highway 74, and southerly of Olive Avenue – 90.56 Acres – REQUEST: This Conditional Use Permit is to permit a Recreational Motocross park consisting of up to five (5) motocross tracks, a retail parts store, a snack bar, garage, an events hall, two (2) pro race shops, a viewing deck, administration building, motorcycle storage, associated parking, ticket booth, bioretention basin, bike wash, five (5) associated parking areas, an R.V. parking area for overnight dry-camping use, bathrooms, and shower area. The motocross project will host local racing events. The project will be built in three (3) phases based on available funds. The existing residence will remain onsite and used as a caretaker unit. The noise ordinance exception proposes to grant an exception to Ordinance No. 847 Section 4. The overall daytime operational noise level is below the daytime noise limit of 65 dBA Leq that is set by the General Plan Noise element. APN’s: 345-020-011 and 345-020-016.

PROJECT LOCATION:

The site is located at 21220 Ethanac Road, north of Ethanac Road, west of Highway 74, and south of Olive Avenue within the Mead Valley Area Plan.
Brett Dawson, Project Planner

Riverside County Planning Department
4080 Lemon St., 12th Floor
Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 955-0972

BDawson@rivco.org
|
captmoto
9/9/2021 10:42am
That's awful close to Perris Raceway, looks like about a mile and a half. Is there something going on with Perris we don't know about?
wisey
Fantasy
1380th
9/9/2021 12:15pm
Done. Hope this project goes through!
hubbardmx50
9/9/2021 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2021 12:01pm
This is news to me. I thought everything with this new track was going smooth, just taking a very long time. Is it in jeopardy now and may not happen? Where did you get this info from? What do we say in the email, just that we support the track going in?

The Shop

hubbardmx50
9/9/2021 12:29pm
captmoto wrote:
That's awful close to Perris Raceway, looks like about a mile and a half. Is there something going on with Perris we don't know about?
No. Both facilities and State fair will all be ran by the same people.
wisey
Fantasy
1380th
9/9/2021 12:49pm
This is news to me. I thought everything with this new track was going smooth, just taking a very long time. Is it in jeopardy now...
This is news to me. I thought everything with this new track was going smooth, just taking a very long time. Is it in jeopardy now and may not happen? Where did you get this info from? What do we say in the email, just that we support the track going in?
I wrote about how a new, bigger facility would be helpful for the local community. How well the owner and operator of Perris and State Fair implement rules and their consideration of the local neighborhood. How motocross is a positive sport and most importantly how we spend family time and teaching our children at these facilities about respect and how to be a good human being.
msp332
9/9/2021 1:56pm
Acoustical engineer here. Some friendly advice: prepare an explanation of how the facility will meet 65 dBA (10-minute Leq) along with measures enforcing individual motorcycle noise limits. Include how the facility will provide noise mitigation into the project (earth berms & setbacks between track and property line). Highlight all residences in the area and what noise exposure will be experienced at any given residence. Planners will ask.

PM me if you'd like to chat.
captmoto
9/9/2021 2:22pm
captmoto wrote:
No. Both facilities and State fair will all be ran by the same people.
Okay, more tracks are better but seem like close competition.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
9/9/2021 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 2:44pm
msp332 wrote:
Acoustical engineer here. Some friendly advice: prepare an explanation of how the facility will meet 65 dBA (10-minute Leq) along with measures enforcing individual motorcycle noise...
Acoustical engineer here. Some friendly advice: prepare an explanation of how the facility will meet 65 dBA (10-minute Leq) along with measures enforcing individual motorcycle noise limits. Include how the facility will provide noise mitigation into the project (earth berms & setbacks between track and property line). Highlight all residences in the area and what noise exposure will be experienced at any given residence. Planners will ask.

I was involved with the initial opening of the Lake Elsinore track some 20 years ago. It took 5 yrs from the time we first drew out the layout on a napkin at dinner, until Randy took in his first Jefferson. (I bowed out shortly before the track opening to pursue a new/second career in Telecommunications.)

The number of City, County, State, and Federal agencies and Council's we had to deal with and get approvals from was staggering....and we had the support of the Lake Elsinore City Council! We were lucky in that we were able to "tag on" to the Environmental Impact Study that had already been done for the Skydive Airport next door, this alone saved a ton of money and time.

For Noise, we brought in a Sound Engineer who took readings 50ft away as we ran bikes of various cc at full throttle, he then ran his magic formulas through the results and gave us verified data on what maximum noise levels at the property line would be...I blew up my RM250 that day reving it up in neutral.

We even had to get a grading plan approved by the city, which was a hand draft I did showing the the initial tracks with jumps and bumps and berms and everything. Everyone understood that this was just an exercise in fullfilling a requirement, even though the actual tractor work would be much different

The last "sign off" and the one we were told we would never get was from the Army Corp of Engineers, as the track is in a flood plane. Eventually, we made contact with and paid the Engineering Co. that had gotten Diamond Valley Stadium built in that same flood plane to help us. It took about 3 months, but eventually with a $5,0000 consulting fee for the "Captain", we were successful.

and yes, there is an about 23 line item Conditional Use Permit in affect for Lake Elsinore.

My point being...give the guys the credit and support they need and deserve, these things are not easy to get done!
hubbardmx50
9/9/2021 3:53pm
This is news to me. I thought everything with this new track was going smooth, just taking a very long time. Is it in jeopardy now...
wisey wrote:
I wrote about how a new, bigger facility would be helpful for the local community. How well the owner and operator of Perris and State Fair...
I wrote about how a new, bigger facility would be helpful for the local community. How well the owner and operator of Perris and State Fair implement rules and their consideration of the local neighborhood. How motocross is a positive sport and most importantly how we spend family time and teaching our children at these facilities about respect and how to be a good human being.
For sure. I agree with all of that 100%.
msp332
9/10/2021 8:27am
msp332 wrote:
Acoustical engineer here. Some friendly advice: prepare an explanation of how the facility will meet 65 dBA (10-minute Leq) along with measures enforcing individual motorcycle noise...

NITRODOG wrote:
I was involved with the initial opening of the Lake Elsinore track some 20 years ago. It took 5 yrs from the time we first drew...
I was involved with the initial opening of the Lake Elsinore track some 20 years ago. It took 5 yrs from the time we first drew out the layout on a napkin at dinner, until Randy took in his first Jefferson. (I bowed out shortly before the track opening to pursue a new/second career in Telecommunications.)

The number of City, County, State, and Federal agencies and Council's we had to deal with and get approvals from was staggering....and we had the support of the Lake Elsinore City Council! We were lucky in that we were able to "tag on" to the Environmental Impact Study that had already been done for the Skydive Airport next door, this alone saved a ton of money and time.

For Noise, we brought in a Sound Engineer who took readings 50ft away as we ran bikes of various cc at full throttle, he then ran his magic formulas through the results and gave us verified data on what maximum noise levels at the property line would be...I blew up my RM250 that day reving it up in neutral.

We even had to get a grading plan approved by the city, which was a hand draft I did showing the the initial tracks with jumps and bumps and berms and everything. Everyone understood that this was just an exercise in fullfilling a requirement, even though the actual tractor work would be much different

The last "sign off" and the one we were told we would never get was from the Army Corp of Engineers, as the track is in a flood plane. Eventually, we made contact with and paid the Engineering Co. that had gotten Diamond Valley Stadium built in that same flood plane to help us. It took about 3 months, but eventually with a $5,0000 consulting fee for the "Captain", we were successful.

and yes, there is an about 23 line item Conditional Use Permit in affect for Lake Elsinore.

My point being...give the guys the credit and support they need and deserve, these things are not easy to get done!
I understand the difficulty- that's how I make a living. Just trying to help.

All that effort can be undone with an upset neighbor and a sound level meter if noise limits are exceeded.
wisey
Fantasy
1380th
10/8/2021 10:43pm
Just got news that the conditional permit was approved, now on to grading. It will be good!
10/9/2021 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2021 12:27pm
There are a few of us here in SoCal with electric dirtbikes. Please make some 240V available for us to charge our bikes. It would eliminate the need to bring a generator to the track and run it in the pits. And, frankly, it would set you up for the future where electric dirtbikes will be much more common, especially in this state.
BAMX
10/9/2021 11:02pm
There are a few of us here in SoCal with electric dirtbikes. Please make some 240V available for us to charge our bikes. It would eliminate...
There are a few of us here in SoCal with electric dirtbikes. Please make some 240V available for us to charge our bikes. It would eliminate the need to bring a generator to the track and run it in the pits. And, frankly, it would set you up for the future where electric dirtbikes will be much more common, especially in this state.
Running all of that electric would cost a fortune and how would they charge you for this extra service?
xrclark433
10/10/2021 8:58am
There are a few of us here in SoCal with electric dirtbikes. Please make some 240V available for us to charge our bikes. It would eliminate...
And it begins lol Charge it before getting to the track…seems like a waste of money to have hook ups for the 3 people I ever see at any track here in SoCal with E bikes. Bring your generator.
xrclark433
10/10/2021 8:59am
One of my good friends is the manager at Perris. He said they’ve started work and that the supercross track is first to go in to get pros over there practicing.
wisey
Fantasy
1380th
10/10/2021 10:35am Edited Date/Time 10/10/2021 12:58pm
I understand the part where you suggest a possible way for a business owner to profit off a good idea.
Brent
10/10/2021 11:43am Edited Date/Time 10/10/2021 11:56am
Asking for forward thinking and planning from dirt bikers ( and by extension, track owners) may be a dead end, because most dirt bike people are not very smart. But wait until the first mass produced E Motocross bikes come to market soon, and these same Luddites will be asking why there is no charging power available at race tracks.

It wouldn't cost a lot to pre -bury 2" or 3" PVC electrical conduit from the point of connection to a future charging station location when building a new track, no wire would have to be pulled until the charger is installed..

People said the same shit about Tesla charging stations, and now there are not nearly enough of those to service all the Tesla owners.

BTW, you haul ass on those Alta's...
xrclark433
10/10/2021 11:58am
Brent wrote:
Asking for forward thinking and planning from dirt bikers ( and by extension, track owners) may be a dead end, because most dirt bike people are...
Asking for forward thinking and planning from dirt bikers ( and by extension, track owners) may be a dead end, because most dirt bike people are not very smart. But wait until the first mass produced E Motocross bikes come to market soon, and these same Luddites will be asking why there is no charging power available at race tracks.

It wouldn't cost a lot to pre -bury 2" or 3" PVC electrical conduit from the point of connection to a future charging station location when building a new track, no wire would have to be pulled until the charger is installed..

People said the same shit about Tesla charging stations, and now there are not nearly enough of those to service all the Tesla owners.

BTW, you haul ass on those Alta's...
Putting in power runs is not cheap. It’s not practical for now. When this “electric revolution” comes into moto, then it would make sense to pay all the money to put in charging stations at every track. There’s more to it then digging a trench and running conduit to a charging station. I literally only see one guy ride Pala on an electric bike in all of SoCal. For now he can bring a generator.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
10/10/2021 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2021 12:18pm
xrclark433 wrote:
And it begins lol Charge it before getting to the track…seems like a waste of money to have hook ups for the 3 people I ever...
And it begins lol Charge it before getting to the track…seems like a waste of money to have hook ups for the 3 people I ever see at any track here in SoCal with E bikes. Bring your generator.
And I’d like some 102 octane mixed at 32:1 available for free too please. TIA 👍

Post a reply to: New So Cal MX Park needs support

The Latest