New Shift wheelieboyz banner??

TailSoHard
Edited Date/Time 8/5/2015 10:10pm
You guys see the new Shift banner at the top of the page? Seems like they're trying to tap into the "urban motocross" scene (a.k.a. "wheelieboyz"). Not enough arm swag in the photo if you ask me...

|
7/1/2015 8:38am
Saddening. Guess who won't buy shift gear. I don't know why they're trying to appeal to that demographic. They don't even wear gear.
ledger
7/1/2015 8:40am
Oooohhh, we're all in trouble now. Shocked

The Shop

Krazyk2774
7/1/2015 8:42am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2015 8:42am
I've worn shift since the start, but if their going to support a bunch of bike stealing criminals I won't buy another thing from them!
jndmx
7/1/2015 8:46am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2015 8:47am
WTF people......

That's Emig and Twitch riding in Chile....how in the fuck do you get "Wheelieboyz support" out of that?

From the Youtube video description...
Jeff Emig and Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg showcase the new 2016 Shift line down sets of stairs, up the hills, and through crowded downtown streets of Chile

https://youtu.be/jPBMOC1l3IA
7/1/2015 8:51am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2015 8:52am
jndmx wrote:
WTF people...... That's Emig and Twitch riding in Chile....how in the fuck do you get "Wheelieboyz support" out of that? From the Youtube video description... [i]Jeff...
WTF people......

That's Emig and Twitch riding in Chile....how in the fuck do you get "Wheelieboyz support" out of that?

Jeff Emig and Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg showcase the new 2016 Shift line down sets of stairs, up the hills, and through crowded downtown streets of Chile

They are condoning riding in the city. I don't support that because that is NOT what MX is. You wanna ride in the street? Go buy a dual sport.

And twitch is the same guy taking pics with Chino.
TailSoHard
7/1/2015 8:53am
jndmx wrote:
WTF people...... That's Emig and Twitch riding in Chile....how in the fuck do you get "Wheelieboyz support" out of that? From the Youtube video description... [i]Jeff...
WTF people......

I was more so commenting on the fact that they're riding wheelies through the streets and cutting in front of cars on bikes that are obviously not street-legal (at least here they're not...), which is sending the wrong message (to me, at least)

I get it's a promotional video with some good riders in it, but they're trying to appeal to a new crowd... whether or not that crowd is the "wheelieboyz" is up for your own interpretation
zehn
7/1/2015 8:55am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2015 8:55am
jndmx wrote:
WTF people......

*sssshhhhhh* don't tell anybody
7/1/2015 8:57am
jndmx wrote:
WTF people......

TailSoHard wrote:
I was more so commenting on the fact that they're riding wheelies through the streets and cutting in front of cars on bikes that are obviously...
I was more so commenting on the fact that they're riding wheelies through the streets and cutting in front of cars on bikes that are obviously not street-legal (at least here they're not...), which is sending the wrong message (to me, at least)

I get it's a promotional video with some good riders in it, but they're trying to appeal to a new crowd... whether or not that crowd is the "wheelieboyz" is up for your own interpretation
Exactly.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
7/1/2015 8:59am
shame shame shame on Shift. who runs that program?
Uncle Tony
7/1/2015 9:04am
jndmx wrote:
WTF people......

They are condoning riding in the city. I don't support that because that is NOT what MX is. You wanna ride in the street? Go buy...
They are condoning riding in the city. I don't support that because that is NOT what MX is. You wanna ride in the street? Go buy a dual sport.

I agree with you 100 percent but that's emig and twitch so it's cool? And we wonder why MX is shrinking, idiots doing stupid human tricks on city streets
jeffro503
7/1/2015 9:04am
Every company that supports anything like that will never get a dime from me. And I'll go out of my way to spread the word every where i go. It puts our sport in a bad light and even worse it sends kids and others the wrong message. What they do has nothing in common with " my sport! " Ever!
7/1/2015 9:08am
jndmx wrote:
WTF people......

They are condoning riding in the city. I don't support that because that is NOT what MX is. You wanna ride in the street? Go buy...

Uncle Tony wrote:
I agree with you 100 percent but that's emig and twitch so it's cool? And we wonder why MX is shrinking, idiots doing stupid human tricks...
I agree with you 100 percent but that's emig and twitch so it's cool? And we wonder why MX is shrinking, idiots doing stupid human tricks on city streets
I wish they would just ride street bikes instead. What's even worse about all of this is the fact that legit companies are supporting these clowns.
Gringoe
7/1/2015 9:18am
The people saying they won't buy shift will probably just buy fox Laughing
Xeno
7/1/2015 9:19am
I'm not with you guys on this one. I watched the video and it doesn't remind me of Wheelie Boyz at all. I ride my dirt bike through the streets of Ensenada, Mexico- does that make me "gansta"? Heck no, I'm a boring, Caucasian, non-tattooed, middle-age dirt biker.

The only part I didn't like was Twitch's f-word at the end. I would have cut that if the video was for my brand. Kids watch and learn from it.
Uncle Tony
7/1/2015 9:26am
Anthony I was trying to be funny I agree with you, someone said "WTF people that's emig and twitch" I think they're both clowns for doing that ad although im not shocked that twitch did it I'm really surprised by emig
7/1/2015 9:28am
Gringoe wrote:
The people saying they won't buy shift will probably just buy fox Laughing
I've never had or wanted fox gear. I've always worn Troy Lee, but now I've been really feeling alias
7/1/2015 9:29am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Anthony I was trying to be funny I agree with you, someone said "WTF people that's emig and twitch" I think they're both clowns for doing...
Anthony I was trying to be funny I agree with you, someone said "WTF people that's emig and twitch" I think they're both clowns for doing that ad although im not shocked that twitch did it I'm really surprised by emig
I know you were, I was too Laughing
Loftin79
7/1/2015 9:30am
I'm pretty sure every person on this forum has ripped their bike down a public street a time or 2. I know I have
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
7/1/2015 9:34am
Loftin79 wrote:
I'm pretty sure every person on this forum has ripped their bike down a public street a time or 2. I know I have
Exactly.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
7/1/2015 9:39am
I hear you jeffro.

This isn't any different than the commercials for Mafia Moto on Pulp that say: "Mafia riders were notorious for undermining authority...and that's what the Mafia Moto Crew strives to uphold today".

I was so surprised to hear that on a commercial I even had to rewind it. I like Nick Wey, and I like Shift gear since it's some of the best looking stuff out there. But this is no different than the stupid ads from Metal Mulishia of their riders "breaking the law". they are trying to appeal to a certain demographic that has a specific mentality about what riding a dirt bike is about. And I'm not about that so they don't get a dime from me.
7/1/2015 9:40am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2015 9:44am
You guys really let this stuff get to you. "I won't be buying from them anymore!" Did you sell your Ford Bronco when OJ was arrested too? How about your Pro Circuit pipe that is on "Lil Chino's" bike? Are you not a fan of Mitch and the whole PC race team because they let him ride Baggett's bike in Vegas?

The "Wheelie boyz" have been around for quite awhile. Go to the inner cities and it's nothing new. Stealing bikes isn't a new thing either. Falling for it through a craigslist offer however, is a new thing and shame on anyone who falls for it. Am I defending these people? No, because I have to deal with it when I drive through my hometown as well. I just have more important things in life to worry about than a gear banner of two professionals wheeling on pavement.

Post a reply to: New Shift wheelieboyz banner??

The Latest