New Shift MX Boot? Thoughts?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2017 11:26 PM

What do you think of this new boot?
Photo

|

7/18/2017 11:31 PM

Power rangers!

|

#1
KX125

7/18/2017 11:40 PM

Looks like it will be blown out and loose in 2 months. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

|

7/18/2017 11:59 PM

fox instinct with a shift logo

|

7/18/2017 11:59 PM

No hinge? No, thanks. And they're ugly, unless Shift does something similar to Instincts I'll stick to what I have.
I'm guessing it's an entry level boot?

|

7/19/2017 12:02 AM

gt757 wrote:

fox instinct with a shift logo

Not even close

|

7/19/2017 12:06 AM

Photo

|

Instagram @_yabba_dabba_dont_


7/19/2017 12:15 AM

I like them

|

Ed Johnson

7/19/2017 12:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 12:20 AM

Personally, I prefer the simplicity of Tech 10's.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

7/19/2017 12:49 AM

gt757 wrote:

fox instinct with a shift logo

I would say Fox Comp 8 with a Shift logo

|

7/19/2017 12:57 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I would say Fox Comp 8 with a Shift logo

Spot on.

|

7/19/2017 1:00 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

What do you think of this new boot?
Photo

$219.95

|

7/19/2017 3:08 AM

I think you will not see KRoc in themtongue

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/



7/19/2017 3:48 AM

gt757 wrote:

fox instinct with a shift logo

Motofinne wrote:

I would say Fox Comp 8 with a Shift logo

Comp 5 with a Shift Logo. They are pretty bad looking though...

|

RIDEMPS.COM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/19/2017 3:59 AM

I think its a perfect boot for its intended purchaser.

I do not think they are trying to sell these boots to the same guys wearing Tech 10's, SG12, SIDI2/3, etc.

Compared to Oneal Elements or a low end Fly boot this looks decent and will do the job.

|

7/19/2017 4:09 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

I think its a perfect boot for its intended purchaser.

I do not think they are trying to sell these boots to the same guys wearing Tech 10's, SG12, SIDI2/3, etc.

Compared to Oneal Elements or a low end Fly boot this looks decent and will do the job.

Doubling the price isn't really a fair comparison. That boot is in the 199-249 category.

|

7/19/2017 4:19 AM

they look slick and sick thogh

|

7/19/2017 5:41 AM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Looks like it will be blown out and loose in 2 months. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Listening to Kris Keefer's "Keefer Tested" pod cast on boots the other day, I was shocked he said the boots are great (instinct) but only lasted him a few months.

|

7/19/2017 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 6:33 AM

Markee wrote:

Listening to Kris Keefer's "Keefer Tested" pod cast on boots the other day, I was shocked he said the boots are great (instinct) but only lasted him a few months.

In my opinion you have remember that keefer rides probably 10 times more than the average guy. I have two pairs of Instincts and can see how the soles wear faster than some other boots. I can only imagine how they'd do with raptor and similar footpegs. I've had my oldest set of Instincts for over 2 years and they're still in great shape. I'm thinking about trying the SG12 for my next boot just to see how I like them but the Instinct is a hell of a good boot. The grip you get with then on the bike is second to none.

Back on topic, those Shift boots are hideous.

|

7/19/2017 6:36 AM

First impression? Not good.

|

United States of America

7/19/2017 7:02 AM

I think they're dope. Doesn't look like they provide much support (kinda remind me of the Alpinestars Vector boots) but I like the look!

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

7/19/2017 7:09 AM

|

7/19/2017 8:27 AM

Wouldn't put the ex's foot in it.. Purely been banged out to tie the colour way together for the new gear.

Happily stick with my SG12's..

|

7/19/2017 9:07 AM

gt757 wrote:

fox instinct with a shift logo

Motofinne wrote:

I would say Fox Comp 8 with a Shift logo

tiddlermx23 wrote:

Comp 5 with a Shift Logo. They are pretty bad looking though...

Did Shift and fox merge? I remember seeing CR22 running both companies? How does that happen?

|

7/19/2017 9:11 AM

Ugly ugly ugly

|

7/19/2017 9:25 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I would say Fox Comp 8 with a Shift logo

tiddlermx23 wrote:

Comp 5 with a Shift Logo. They are pretty bad looking though...

hellbillyohio wrote:

Did Shift and fox merge? I remember seeing CR22 running both companies? How does that happen?

Same company.

|

7/19/2017 9:43 AM

Tuna wrote:

Same company.

Settle down tuna. It's only been like 20 years

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

7/19/2017 10:00 AM

tiddlermx23 wrote:

Comp 5 with a Shift Logo. They are pretty bad looking though...

hellbillyohio wrote:

Did Shift and fox merge? I remember seeing CR22 running both companies? How does that happen?

Tuna wrote:

Same company.

Thanks Tuna

|

7/19/2017 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 10:56 AM

Dammit - I just bought SG12s on monday...

|

7/19/2017 11:25 AM

SweetDaddy wrote:

Dammit - I just bought SG12s on monday...

You bought a better boot then.

|