New Reed Video

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2013 10:24 AM

|

James

1/9/2013 11:39 AM

sweet vid.

|

kcco

1/9/2013 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2013 1:45 PM

whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful.

edit:


ok perhaps not the sack but come on - it's crap.

|

1/9/2013 1:53 PM

I'm really over all the slow motion videos that come out now a days. There's usually so much slow motion you barely get to see the riders ride. BUT this was perfect. All the angles they used were awesome and the mix of real speed and slow motion was perfect. I'm gonna have to watch this one over and over. So sick!

|

1/9/2013 3:37 PM

Discount Tire's - Chad Reed "Titanium" Checkmate!

|

1/9/2013 3:57 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful.

edit:


ok perhaps not the sack but come on - it's crap.

I know what you're saying... Sad reality is, the average listener does not notice it. Could have been an encoding issue too... I find it hard to believe someone, even a newbie engineer, slammed the track that hard on a limiter and decided it was ok. Then again, loudness wars, blah blah blah....

Anyway, since I said nothing in my original post, I'll just say the video itself is awesome! Great use of slo-mo imo.

|

James

1/9/2013 4:26 PM

Cool video. I usually don't like the slow motion videos that much but that one was good. His tracks and property are awesome!

|

1/9/2013 7:30 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful.

edit:


ok perhaps not the sack but come on - it's crap.

SoCalMX70 wrote:

I know what you're saying... Sad reality is, the average listener does not notice it. Could have been an encoding issue too... I find it hard to believe someone, even a newbie engineer, slammed the track that hard on a limiter and decided it was ok. Then again, loudness wars, blah blah blah....

Anyway, since I said nothing in my original post, I'll just say the video itself is awesome! Great use of slo-mo imo.

Did you listen to the last Metallica album? Worst sound engineering in the history of music! Believe it. Apparently there are some people out there who have no idea WTF they are doing.

|

1/9/2013 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2013 7:42 PM

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the audio is definitely a big issue on this one. While I did the shooting/editing, I did not record the audio for this. It was done by somebody else using a standard Shotgun Mic mounted to a Canon 5d instead of properly mic'ing him up. My first cut of this was without audio to avoid the bad peaking and wind, but we had to bring in audio to make it a little bit stronger (even though the audio is not good). The person who recorded the audio definitely apologized for messing that up. Nonetheless, glad everybody seems to enjoy it overall.

Not super keen on the over-used slo motion myself, so did my best to mix it up with a good variety of action and slow motion.

|

1/9/2013 9:11 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful.

edit:


ok perhaps not the sack but come on - it's crap.

totally agree why would they ruin such good footage. Sounds horrible.

|

1/9/2013 9:54 PM

Cool video!

His gear looks alot like Stewart's seven stuff.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

1/10/2013 12:01 AM

Myke wrote:

Cool video!

His gear looks alot like Stewart's seven stuff.

More like the other way around....

|

James

1/10/2013 12:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2013 12:06 AM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful.

edit:


ok perhaps not the sack but come on - it's crap.

SoCalMX70 wrote:

I know what you're saying... Sad reality is, the average listener does not notice it. Could have been an encoding issue too... I find it hard to believe someone, even a newbie engineer, slammed the track that hard on a limiter and decided it was ok. Then again, loudness wars, blah blah blah....

Anyway, since I said nothing in my original post, I'll just say the video itself is awesome! Great use of slo-mo imo.

ga_pike wrote:

Did you listen to the last Metallica album? Worst sound engineering in the history of music! Believe it. Apparently there are some people out there who have no idea WTF they are doing.

Of course I listened to it! I'm a big fan. That album came out in 2008 though, and I optimistically thought that the industry had learned its lesson since then and would cut back on the compression/limiting a bit (a tiny bit maybe...) tongue

|

James

1/10/2013 12:08 AM

bdlcks wrote:

totally agree why would they ruin such good footage. Sounds horrible.

Did you not read the post right above yours explaining what happened? ermm

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

1/10/2013 12:35 AM

elmo wrote:

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the audio is definitely a big issue on this one. While I did the shooting/editing, I did not record the audio for this. It was done by somebody else using a standard Shotgun Mic mounted to a Canon 5d instead of properly mic'ing him up. My first cut of this was without audio to avoid the bad peaking and wind, but we had to bring in audio to make it a little bit stronger (even though the audio is not good). The person who recorded the audio definitely apologized for messing that up. Nonetheless, glad everybody seems to enjoy it overall.

Not super keen on the over-used slo motion myself, so did my best to mix it up with a good variety of action and slow motion.

to keep things level - the video is amazing, I loved the angles and the opening shots, well done indeed !

|

1/10/2013 12:48 AM

Myke wrote:

Cool video!

His gear looks alot like Stewart's seven stuff.

Yeah pretty sure the TwoTwo shift gear style has been set since 2011...

TLD and Seven made a bit of a booboo...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/10/2013 4:23 AM

Beautiful video.

|

1/10/2013 4:32 AM

SoCalMX70 wrote:

I know what you're saying... Sad reality is, the average listener does not notice it. Could have been an encoding issue too... I find it hard to believe someone, even a newbie engineer, slammed the track that hard on a limiter and decided it was ok. Then again, loudness wars, blah blah blah....

Anyway, since I said nothing in my original post, I'll just say the video itself is awesome! Great use of slo-mo imo.

ga_pike wrote:

Did you listen to the last Metallica album? Worst sound engineering in the history of music! Believe it. Apparently there are some people out there who have no idea WTF they are doing.

SoCalMX70 wrote:

Of course I listened to it! I'm a big fan. That album came out in 2008 though, and I optimistically thought that the industry had learned its lesson since then and would cut back on the compression/limiting a bit (a tiny bit maybe...) tongue

Rick Rubin does not know what he is doing? I beg to differ.

|

1/10/2013 4:36 AM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful.

edit:


ok perhaps not the sack but come on - it's crap.

bdlcks wrote:

totally agree why would they ruin such good footage. Sounds horrible.

ocscottie wrote:

Did you not read the post right above yours explaining what happened? ermm

LMAO!

|

1/10/2013 7:38 AM

elmo wrote:

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the audio is definitely a big issue on this one. While I did the shooting/editing, I did not record the audio for this. It was done by somebody else using a standard Shotgun Mic mounted to a Canon 5d instead of properly mic'ing him up. My first cut of this was without audio to avoid the bad peaking and wind, but we had to bring in audio to make it a little bit stronger (even though the audio is not good). The person who recorded the audio definitely apologized for messing that up. Nonetheless, glad everybody seems to enjoy it overall.

Not super keen on the over-used slo motion myself, so did my best to mix it up with a good variety of action and slow motion.

Do not apologize for this video Kyle. People just need something to bitch about. It was amazing, enough said.

|

1/10/2013 7:49 AM

elmo wrote:

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the audio is definitely a big issue on this one. While I did the shooting/editing, I did not record the audio for this. It was done by somebody else using a standard Shotgun Mic mounted to a Canon 5d instead of properly mic'ing him up. My first cut of this was without audio to avoid the bad peaking and wind, but we had to bring in audio to make it a little bit stronger (even though the audio is not good). The person who recorded the audio definitely apologized for messing that up. Nonetheless, glad everybody seems to enjoy it overall.

Not super keen on the over-used slo motion myself, so did my best to mix it up with a good variety of action and slow motion.

Well I enjoyed the video. I thought it was really good and just wanted to say thanks for making it for us. You didn't "have to" make one for us.....but you did......so thanks! I won't complain about any video like this......because it's 100% better than not having one.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja