Edited Date/Time 1/10/2013 7:49am
|
dl117
Fantasy
2577th
1/9/2013 11:39am
sweet vid.
1/9/2013 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2013 1:45pm
whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful.

edit:

ok perhaps not the sack but come on - it's crap.
C.Worthy
1/9/2013 1:53pm
I'm really over all the slow motion videos that come out now a days. There's usually so much slow motion you barely get to see the riders ride. BUT this was perfect. All the angles they used were awesome and the mix of real speed and slow motion was perfect. I'm gonna have to watch this one over and over. So sick!

The Shop

SoCalMX70
1/9/2013 3:57pm
whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful. edit: ok perhaps not...
whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful.

edit:

I know what you're saying... Sad reality is, the average listener does not notice it. Could have been an encoding issue too... I find it hard to believe someone, even a newbie engineer, slammed the track that hard on a limiter and decided it was ok. Then again, loudness wars, blah blah blah....

Anyway, since I said nothing in my original post, I'll just say the video itself is awesome! Great use of slo-mo imo.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/9/2013 4:26pm
Cool video. I usually don't like the slow motion videos that much but that one was good. His tracks and property are awesome!
ga_pike
1/9/2013 7:30pm
whoever did the audio track for this video needs the sack immediately. Way too much hard limiting, the digital distortion is awful. edit: ok perhaps not...

edit:

SoCalMX70 wrote:
I know what you're saying... Sad reality is, the average listener does not notice it. Could have been an encoding issue too... I find it hard...
I know what you're saying... Sad reality is, the average listener does not notice it. Could have been an encoding issue too... I find it hard to believe someone, even a newbie engineer, slammed the track that hard on a limiter and decided it was ok. Then again, loudness wars, blah blah blah....

Anyway, since I said nothing in my original post, I'll just say the video itself is awesome! Great use of slo-mo imo.
Did you listen to the last Metallica album? Worst sound engineering in the history of music! Believe it. Apparently there are some people out there who have no idea WTF they are doing.
elmo
1/9/2013 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2013 7:42pm
Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the audio is definitely a big issue on this one. While I did the shooting/editing, I did not record the audio for this. It was done by somebody else using a standard Shotgun Mic mounted to a Canon 5d instead of properly mic'ing him up. My first cut of this was without audio to avoid the bad peaking and wind, but we had to bring in audio to make it a little bit stronger (even though the audio is not good). The person who recorded the audio definitely apologized for messing that up. Nonetheless, glad everybody seems to enjoy it overall.

Not super keen on the over-used slo motion myself, so did my best to mix it up with a good variety of action and slow motion.
bdlcks
1/9/2013 9:11pm

edit:

totally agree why would they ruin such good footage. Sounds horrible.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
1/9/2013 9:54pm
Cool video!

His gear looks alot like Stewart's seven stuff.
SoCalMX70
1/10/2013 12:01am
Myke wrote:
Cool video! His gear looks alot like Stewart's seven stuff.
Cool video!

More like the other way around....
SoCalMX70
1/10/2013 12:04am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2013 12:06am

edit:

SoCalMX70 wrote:
I know what you're saying... Sad reality is, the average listener does not notice it. Could have been an encoding issue too... I find it hard...

ga_pike wrote:
Did you listen to the last Metallica album? Worst sound engineering in the history of music! Believe it. Apparently there are some people out there who...
Did you listen to the last Metallica album? Worst sound engineering in the history of music! Believe it. Apparently there are some people out there who have no idea WTF they are doing.
Of course I listened to it! I'm a big fan. That album came out in 2008 though, and I optimistically thought that the industry had learned its lesson since then and would cut back on the compression/limiting a bit (a tiny bit maybe...) Tongue
ocscottie
1/10/2013 12:08am
bdlcks wrote:
Did you not read the post right above yours explaining what happened? Dry
1/10/2013 12:35am
elmo wrote:
Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the audio is definitely a big issue on this one. While I did the shooting/editing, I did not record the audio for this...
Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the audio is definitely a big issue on this one. While I did the shooting/editing, I did not record the audio for this. It was done by somebody else using a standard Shotgun Mic mounted to a Canon 5d instead of properly mic'ing him up. My first cut of this was without audio to avoid the bad peaking and wind, but we had to bring in audio to make it a little bit stronger (even though the audio is not good). The person who recorded the audio definitely apologized for messing that up. Nonetheless, glad everybody seems to enjoy it overall.

Not super keen on the over-used slo motion myself, so did my best to mix it up with a good variety of action and slow motion.
to keep things level - the video is amazing, I loved the angles and the opening shots, well done indeed !
Crush
1/10/2013 12:48am
Myke wrote:
Cool video! His gear looks alot like Stewart's seven stuff.
Cool video!

Yeah pretty sure the TwoTwo shift gear style has been set since 2011...

TLD and Seven made a bit of a booboo...
mpy
1/10/2013 4:23am
Beautiful video.
1/10/2013 4:32am
SoCalMX70 wrote:

ga_pike wrote:
Did you listen to the last Metallica album? Worst sound engineering in the history of music! Believe it. Apparently there are some people out there who...
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Of course I listened to it! I'm a big fan. That album came out in 2008 though, and I optimistically thought that the industry had learned...
Of course I listened to it! I'm a big fan. That album came out in 2008 though, and I optimistically thought that the industry had learned its lesson since then and would cut back on the compression/limiting a bit (a tiny bit maybe...) Tongue
Rick Rubin does not know what he is doing? I beg to differ.
jap114
1/10/2013 4:36am
bdlcks wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Did you not read the post right above yours explaining what happened? Dry
LMAO!
thordude
1/10/2013 7:38am
elmo wrote:
Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the audio is definitely a big issue on this one. While I did the shooting/editing, I did not record the audio for this...

Do not apologize for this video Kyle. People just need something to bitch about. It was amazing, enough said.
jeffro503
1/10/2013 7:49am
elmo wrote:

Well I enjoyed the video. I thought it was really good and just wanted to say thanks for making it for us. You didn't "have to" make one for us.....but you did......so thanks! I won't complain about any video like this......because it's 100% better than not having one.

Post a reply to: New Reed Video

The Latest