New Privateer Support Website

#1 Thank you GuyB and VitalMX for giving permission to promote our new website here!

This week we went live with a new website designed for the fans and enthusiasts of our sport to help out privateers and amateur racers with resources you already have. The goal is to create a massive community throughout the country that racers can go to for almost any form of help and support as they chase their dreams of making a SX Night Show or qualifying for an Outdoor National. Although MX and SX are the primary focus for now we fully support the other disciplines of racing such as cross country, enduro, flat track, etc.

Please feel free to go check it out www.privateerlife.mx

Again we went live with it this week so there are still some bugs to work out here and there, but I encourage you to sign up either as a racer, a supporter or just spread the word to others that would be able to help or benefit from the services and support offered by the website. Ultimately we will have a smartphone app to make things easier on the road for racers to access, but we're not there yet. We're pushing hard to promote it now so it can really be in full swing when the Nationals start in May and Loretta's in the summer.

The cards we'll be passing out in Oakland will look like the images below. It also gives you more of an insight of what the site is about. Thank you for your support in advance and we always welcome feedback on how it could be better so feel free to e-mail me at garrett@privateerlife.mx

|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
2/2/2017 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2017 4:34pm
I'm liking this, however I think the website could use some help.
For one, it's not particularly clear. There's a help wanted section ($) but doesn't specify who needs help. Might be a good idea to make a section for supporters to offer up odd jobs to priveateers to make a little cash, and a section for the riders who need a mechanic or help with something that they're willing to pay for.
Also I'd like to see a list of all the riders on the site, say a rider search bar. From there I can donate money, or see any posts that rider has.
As far as donating money, you could link up with paypal. IMO you'd be better to set up your own money transfer thing, I have no idea how much work that'd be. However I hate paypal, and you could keep the transaction fee to keep the website running.
2/2/2017 4:48pm
colintrax wrote:
I'm liking this, however I think the website could use some help. For one, it's not particularly clear. There's a help wanted section ($) but doesn't...
I'm liking this, however I think the website could use some help.
For one, it's not particularly clear. There's a help wanted section ($) but doesn't specify who needs help. Might be a good idea to make a section for supporters to offer up odd jobs to priveateers to make a little cash, and a section for the riders who need a mechanic or help with something that they're willing to pay for.
Also I'd like to see a list of all the riders on the site, say a rider search bar. From there I can donate money, or see any posts that rider has.
As far as donating money, you could link up with paypal. IMO you'd be better to set up your own money transfer thing, I have no idea how much work that'd be. However I hate paypal, and you could keep the transaction fee to keep the website running.
Thank you Colin for the feedback. If you look under the Forum link at the top of the page there is a link to
"Small Jobs- Quick $" where I envision this being a place a racer can make a quick $20 for gas by raking leaves, mowing a lawn, etc.

We haven't looked into the money donation thing too hard yet as that has been done to a point and I'm trying to put the site out there as one where fans can help with resources they have now without having to come out of pocket so to speak. We may look into this when the site starts gaining legs though as a lot of feedback I've received from racers is just the gas money to get from race to race is a big thing.

Thanks again for the feedback and please sign up if you're able as a supporter and spread the word!
2/3/2017 10:41am
Love this! need to push it into Canada for the CMRC nationals as well! this would pick up major steam up north 200%

The Shop

2/3/2017 11:19am
Love this! need to push it into Canada for the CMRC nationals as well! this would pick up major steam up north 200%
We would love to expand to Canada in the long term....big fan of their series too! Appreciate the feedback! Sign up as a supporter and spread the word!
2/6/2017 10:54am
Great reception and interest from the privateers in the pits at Oakland! Thanks for the support and as I let you guys know the plan is to be in full swing with this by the Nationals! Let's help these guys by growing the community!
walent215
2/6/2017 11:31am
Signed up as a supporter but never got the email to activate the account. Sent an email a few days ago and haven't got a reply yet. S.walent1@verizon.net
Tonynz
2/6/2017 11:37am
This seems like a really good idea. We stayed at Hampton Inn in Glendale right by the stadium for the SX. The room we booked had 3 queen size beds, it was only my son and I.
My first thought was I wish I new of a privateer that needed a bed for the weekend, as it would have been good to help someone out.
2/6/2017 11:39am
Thanks for the feedback walent! I'll get it straightened out for you and we appreciate you signing up. I heard this from one other person last week, but then others have got the confirming e-mail. Either way we'll get it fixed. Thanks again
2/6/2017 11:41am
Tonynz wrote:
This seems like a really good idea. We stayed at Hampton Inn in Glendale right by the stadium for the SX. The room we booked had...
This seems like a really good idea. We stayed at Hampton Inn in Glendale right by the stadium for the SX. The room we booked had 3 queen size beds, it was only my son and I.
My first thought was I wish I new of a privateer that needed a bed for the weekend, as it would have been good to help someone out.
Yeah all the privateers I talked to in the pits as well as their mechanics really seemed excited about the site. I just saw a picture of Albertson washing his bike in a car wash after Oakland and I was thinking we could have saved him some quarters!
walent215
2/6/2017 11:50am
Thanks for the feedback walent! I'll get it straightened out for you and we appreciate you signing up. I heard this from one other person last...
Thanks for the feedback walent! I'll get it straightened out for you and we appreciate you signing up. I heard this from one other person last week, but then others have got the confirming e-mail. Either way we'll get it fixed. Thanks again
10-4, sounds good!
PFitzG38
2/6/2017 2:44pm
Good freeking idea!!!

I'll be reviewing and signingup as a supporter ASAP.

I've always thought Heck I could provide a good race home base for So Cal racers passing thru.

Love Your Work!!
2/6/2017 2:50pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
Good freeking idea!!! I'll be reviewing and signingup as a supporter ASAP. I've always thought Heck I could provide a good race home base for So...
Good freeking idea!!!

I'll be reviewing and signingup as a supporter ASAP.

I've always thought Heck I could provide a good race home base for So Cal racers passing thru.

Love Your Work!!
Appreciate it Pfitz! Please feel free to offer up any feedback as well. We will be continually adding to the site to make it easier to use and as many services as possible. Please feel free to e-mail me at garrett@privateer.mx if you have any questions or comments. Thanks for the support!
2/6/2017 7:05pm
Knoby wrote:
Wicked cool! Just checked out the home page briefly and it looks good! I will definitely be signing-up later. Uhhhh........do I get any royalties...cough...http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/I-dont-usually-start-thre…Tongue
HAHAHA...yeah Knoby we'll get you set up on our royalty payout program as soon as we draft it! I've been kicking the idea of this around for a long time, but just never pulled the trigger...I'm glad I finally did! The guys in the pits couldn't have been more supportive and excited to see how big this could get. Just need to get some legs under it....when I see you sign up I'll send you out some stickers!

G
Knoby
2/27/2017 4:47pm
Well sir I guess you are a man of your word. So I'll hold up my end and whore-out my truck and tool box for ya. Seriously I love what you doing man

2/28/2017 9:08am
Knoby wrote:
Well sir I guess you are a man of your word. So I'll hold up my end and whore-out my truck and tool box for ya...
Well sir I guess you are a man of your word. So I'll hold up my end and whore-out my truck and tool box for ya. Seriously I love what you doing man

Knoby I appreciate it my man and thanks again for the support. We're starting to get more and more Supporters and Racers so hopefully we'll be able to start helping folks out pretty soon! I think one of the main misconceptions about the site right now is that you have to hold an AMA Pro Card to be someone we would help out, but we're here for anyone from a 5 year old kid traveling his local district hare scramble circuit to someone traveling to LL Qualifiers to the Pros themselves just trying to get to the next round of SX or the Nationals.

We'll also have some great quality shirts for sale for men and women on the site hopefully by next week. Thanks again for running the stickers and let me know if you want anymore!

Garrett
Jon_Haynes
Fantasy
1195th
2/28/2017 12:15pm
Very cool. I emailed a privateer last year and offered for them to stay at the house while they were on the way to the next race. I will get signed up.
2/28/2017 1:22pm
Jon_Haynes wrote:
Very cool. I emailed a privateer last year and offered for them to stay at the house while they were on the way to the next...
Very cool. I emailed a privateer last year and offered for them to stay at the house while they were on the way to the next race. I will get signed up.
Thanks Jon! We appreciate the support. I'll shoot you out some stickers once I get your address through the site!

Garrett
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
2/28/2017 4:06pm
As soon as it goes live in Canada I'll be signing up. Very cool!
3/2/2017 2:18pm
bh84 wrote:
As soon as it goes live in Canada I'll be signing up. Very cool!
Thanks BH84....we definitely plan to expand to Canada at some point once we get some momentum down here in the States. I had a guy from the UK hit me up this week too asking if we were helping out guys over there yet. I may reach out to you at some point to talk about some location details for the setup in terms of address and location/territories will be different than down here. Thanks for reaching out!

Garrett
3/29/2017 9:50am
Just wanted to give everyone an update on where things are....we're making changes and improvements to the website on a weekly basis. We're featuring a new privateer or amateur racer that has signed as the background wallpaper for the site every week to try and get them some more exposure. We've got supporters now in Florida, Georgia, Texas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Kansas, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, Connecticut and FRANCE (in case you plan on making a trip across the pond). Thanks again for all your support out there and let's keep growing this network and community to help out as many of these guys and girls as we can. Check us out also on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Thanks again for the support!
Knoby
3/29/2017 5:55pm
Got your PM. I'm done trying to figure out how to answer you through this forum. So, yeah just giving you a bump to keep it on the "main page" every now and then. That's all
Knoby
6/15/2017 6:50pm
Bump. Any progress?
6/19/2017 10:34am
Knoby wrote:
Bump. Any progress?
Thanks for checking in Knoby. Things have been coming along. We picked up a couple sponsors for the Nationals this summer where as long as you're signed up on the site as a Racer and you message me to let me know what rounds you're trying to qualify for, we'll put your name in a hat and reimburse a privateer his $245 entry fee for the week. Westside Building Materials out of Oakland, CA is sponsoring that. Then San Luis Obispo Painting is sponsoring a secondary drawing (they just came on last week) where if you don't get pulled in the first one you still have a chance to win $100 from them teaming up with us. They already currently help the Enticknap brothers out so Adam, Seven Deuce Deuce, will actually be pulling the lucky guy out this week. We also got a great opportunity yesterday to be on the Main Event Moto podcast and get some exposure on there to try and help get the word out about the website so we are extremely grateful for that! We post videos every week and put them up on Instagram, Twitter and You Tube showing us picking out names. Here are the guys we were able to help out so far...

Hangtown - Cody Williams, #677
Glen Helen - Zack Williams, #170
Thunder Valley - Chaz Braden, #336
High Point - Cole Zitterkoph, #522 and Isaac Teasdale, #921

Post a reply to: New Privateer Support Website

The Latest