New Motocross Track in North Carolina!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2016 9:27 PM

This is a new track in Ararat/Mt. Airy, North Carolina. The place is just getting opened and really fun with a ton of elevation change. I made a video of the track and figured I would show it here for anybody interested. The track is named Holeshot Motorsports and one of the hilliest tracks in the state. I hope you all enjoy the video and commentary

|

5/17/2016 1:56 AM

Looks like a fun track. Has anyone hit the uphill triple?

|

5/17/2016 2:51 AM

Nice, is that the one 402Trails has been building on a while up there? How far from East Bend?

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/



5/17/2016 4:04 AM

Awesome! I played baseball at surry and lived in Mt Airy for 3 years during my college days. I love it up there and have a new reason to come back up! Track looks great and can't wait to try it out!

|

5/17/2016 5:38 AM

I've been waiting for this track to open! It looks awesome and it's only about 1 hr 15 minutes from me.

When is it open to the public?

|

5/17/2016 5:52 AM

theinternetkid wrote:

Looks like a fun track. Has anyone hit the uphill triple?

Did you not listen to the commentating?

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/17/2016 5:57 AM

Super glad there's another place to Moto around us- I think they'll need to widen that track. Looks too narrow. Could just be the GoPro.

|

5/17/2016 6:10 AM

Looks good

|

5/17/2016 6:16 AM

huck wrote:

Did you not listen to the commentating?

Yeah, sorry, I had it on mute. I'll try harder next time

|

5/17/2016 6:19 AM

theinternetkid wrote:

Yeah, sorry, I had it on mute. I'll try harder next time

wink Listening to the commentary, I was wishing mine was on mute too...
|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/17/2016 6:29 AM

huck wrote: wink Listening to the commentary, I was wishing mine was on mute too...

Haha, just gave it go with the speakers on.

|

5/17/2016 6:32 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

Nice, is that the one 402Trails has been building on a while up there? How far from East Bend?

How are the Night practices at east bend? Was thinking of driving out that way (4.5 hours) but I sure don't want to ride some clapped out blue grove.

|

5/17/2016 6:44 AM

Markee wrote:

How are the Night practices at east bend? Was thinking of driving out that way (4.5 hours) but I sure don't want to ride some clapped out blue grove.

It's definitely not clapped out blue groove.

Travis always has the track ripped and watered. I don't like night practice there because it gets rutted out if there are a lot of big bikes practicing and you can't really see the ruts that well. I know they have night races and such, but I have a hard time seeing the ruts at night. Day practices are really fun!

It's pure red clay. Prepare to have stained aluminum on your bike.

|

5/17/2016 7:00 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

Nice, is that the one 402Trails has been building on a while up there? How far from East Bend?

Yes, it's the track you're thinking of that they built. It's not far from east bend at all. This place is only about 20 minutes north of downtown Winston Salem up highway 52.

|

5/17/2016 8:16 AM

When can we ride the track? This weekend?

|

5/17/2016 9:21 AM

mjr119 wrote:

When can we ride the track? This weekend?

Their facebook page, "holeshot motorsports" is where they post when they'll be holding pactice.

|

5/17/2016 10:07 AM

Sweet. Will be worth the try since I am in Mt Airy and Claudville, VA on the weekends a lot.

|

5/17/2016 10:22 AM

Marcus Beasley wrote:

Their facebook page, "holeshot motorsports" is where they post when they'll be holding pactice.

Cool thanks. It took me a while to find them on FB.

It looks like the next open practice is Memorial Day weekend.

Free to practice.

|

5/17/2016 10:27 AM

mjr119 wrote:

When can we ride the track? This weekend?

Marcus Beasley wrote:

Their facebook page, "holeshot motorsports" is where they post when they'll be holding pactice.

mjr119 wrote:

Cool thanks. It took me a while to find them on FB.

It looks like the next open practice is Memorial Day weekend.

Free to practice.

Yes, but I'd recommend some sort of donation since they prep and water the track. I guess since they say it's free to practice, a donation is up to the rider. Glad you found the facebook page.

|

5/17/2016 10:42 AM

Marcus Beasley wrote:

Yes, but I'd recommend some sort of donation since they prep and water the track. I guess since they say it's free to practice, a donation is up to the rider. Glad you found the facebook page.

Of course, I wouldn't show up without offering some compensation. I would assume it is for liability reasons. There used to be a small track near my house that used the donation route to stay open. I think it was to circumvent permits.

|

5/17/2016 12:52 PM

This seems to be the closest track to me at Virginia Tech, I'll have to give it a try in the fall. Also been meaning to go watch Izzi and Stroupe ride one weekend at Lake Sugartree.

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

5/25/2016 7:29 AM

Anyone riding here this weekend? Heard they were open, but not sure which day(s)..

|

5/25/2016 7:36 AM

Photo

So who's riding? I am in for Sunday. Anyone else?
|

5/25/2016 8:01 AM

GregDVT wrote:

This seems to be the closest track to me at Virginia Tech, I'll have to give it a try in the fall. Also been meaning to go watch Izzi and Stroupe ride one weekend at Lake Sugartree.

You might want to do some searching around the Rocky Mount/Franklin County area. I grew up down the road in Roanoke and we used to go to a place around there - guy had 3 full tracks on his property, charged $10/day. It was a while back, so I can't think of the name for the life of me, but I would guess there very well may be a track/tracks in that general area.

|

5/25/2016 8:11 AM

Good call.. Thanks for the heads up

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

5/25/2016 10:19 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Good call.. Thanks for the heads up

Sooo are we riding?

|

5/25/2016 1:56 PM

Might head by and check it out on the way to Wilkes if I decide to run the Bootlegger.

|