New Mercedes 4x4 sprinter van.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2018 6:50 PM

Throwing down for one of these as soon as I can get one. Pumped they are coming in 4X4 !! Have a 2017 now but it handles like shit in dirt and snow. All new design and better handling around 6,000 less too. Photo

|

9/7/2018 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 8:05 PM

That doesn't look like the 2019 Sprinter. The '19 has entirely different headlights and body styling. That's the second gen NCV3 body style. They've been available in 4x4 for awhile now...

Edit: I see - Mercedes is finally getting around to producing an '18 model, which has been heavily delayed for a variety of reasons. The primary reason being the VW diesel fiasco and delays with getting the diesel engines compliant in the US. Looks like they are trying to squeeze out the coveted 4x4 configuration to clear out inventory before they start producing the '19 models in the newly minted US manufacturing facility in South Carolina.

Good price. I suspect they will be hard to get. People have been waiting for well over a year for the '18 model.

|

9/7/2018 11:37 PM

The 2WD is just fine, a billion miles have been put on these vans in all season, all over the globe, how many currier sprinters or fedex sprinters do you see in a snowy ditch? It’s all about the tires bro, and weight over the rear axel. I drove my 2011 in plenty of Snow/ice storms in north Utah this fast winter. I’m a new sprinter owner, and will never not own one again, I might have to sell my 170 to get the 170 ext, that extra 18” would be nice for 2 big bikes and 2 85s, cram it

|

9/8/2018 2:22 AM

Funny looks like a 19 ‘ to me since I pulled it from the website. I’ve have 5 sprinter vans all two wheel drive and if you have ever driven one in the snow up a hill you will know they absolutely suck. Not to mention any mud whatsoever. I ride a lot and travel all over in mine and the newer model seems to be a lot nicer. Yes the one in the photo is a 19’ and 4X 4 .. squids haha smh

|

9/8/2018 4:57 AM

Winter86 wrote:

Funny looks like a 19 ‘ to me since I pulled it from the website. I’ve have 5 sprinter vans all two wheel drive and if you have ever driven one in the snow up a hill you will know they absolutely suck. Not to mention any mud whatsoever. I ride a lot and travel all over in mine and the newer model seems to be a lot nicer. Yes the one in the photo is a 19’ and 4X 4 .. squids haha smh

The factory ECU detonates as soon as you drive over one single snowflake and goes into anti slip. At work, I do everything possible to avoid sprinters during the winter. I’m a swing driver so I don’t have an assigned vehicle. Our big freightliner 700’s are the bees knees to deliver in all weather.

|

9/8/2018 5:34 AM

Ford is going to have a 4X4 option on the 2020 Transit Van also.

|

9/8/2018 7:03 AM

701dad wrote:

And next week will be week number six waiting on parts to repair body damage to the left rear of one for a customer who works in the air conditioning business. He'll be a couple months without his service vehicle in the peak season due to Ford's inability to provide replacement parts. I have one other customer in the a/c business limping around with wreck damage until parts are available. Just food for thought...

|

9/8/2018 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2018 8:47 AM

Winter86 wrote:

The Sprinter website is currently promoting the 2018 4x4, which they were finally able to import (diesel emission b.s. due to the VW fiasco). They haven't produced a single 2019 Sprinter model in the US yet. All US Sprinters will be manufactured in their new South Carolina plant starting with the 2019 models.

That is the NCV3 body. This is what the '19 will look like:

Photo

|

9/9/2018 7:43 AM

Winter86 wrote:

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

The Sprinter website is currently promoting the 2018 4x4, which they were finally able to import (diesel emission b.s. due to the VW fiasco). They haven't produced a single 2019 Sprinter model in the US yet. All US Sprinters will be manufactured in their new South Carolina plant starting with the 2019 models.

Photo

Yes the photo I put up is a 19 and yes I am aware they are not released yet.. I’ve done plenty of research .

|

9/9/2018 8:01 AM

The new '19 sprinter looks great. Many delivery company's here in Holland are using it already for a few months.
The new Volkswagen crafter is also a great van.

Photo

|

9/9/2018 8:29 AM

To bad they ruin the motor with the US blue tech emissions stuff. They need a gasser. Will the 19s rust like the current ones?

|

9/9/2018 8:56 AM

ob wrote:

To bad they ruin the motor with the US blue tech emissions stuff. They need a gasser. Will the 19s rust like the current ones?

You mean all the paint flaking off like they do here? And then yes, they do start to rust. I've seen some sweet Sprinter setups. Lots of possibilities.

|

9/9/2018 8:58 AM

Winter86 wrote:

Yes the photo I put up is a 19 and yes I am aware they are not released yet.. I’ve done plenty of research .

No its not a 19 4x4 that picture is of a NCV3 4x4. I own the same van but in a high roof. Love it, but ill be heading to ford if they ever release the Transit in 4x4 from factory.

|

9/9/2018 10:31 AM

If Merc is your bag, check out the X-Class Truck.
|

9/9/2018 2:42 PM

701dad wrote:

newmann wrote:

And next week will be week number six waiting on parts to repair body damage to the left rear of one for a customer who works in the air conditioning business. He'll be a couple months without his service vehicle in the peak season due to Ford's inability to provide replacement parts. I have one other customer in the a/c business limping around with wreck damage until parts are available. Just food for thought...

Out of curiosity Newmann, what do you do? I work for Ford

|

9/9/2018 3:09 PM

I love my Transit! Gas 17.8 mpg @ 80 to 90 mph highway speed. And you can get a 4 x 4 Quigley now and a 4 x 4 straight from ford in 2020.

Photo

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

9/9/2018 3:33 PM

They are currently producing the 2019 in South Carolina, but the units are dedicated to Amazon’s 20,000 vehicle order sad

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

9/9/2018 6:51 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Photo

Winter86 wrote:

bartziokas123 wrote:

No its not a 19 4x4 that picture is of a NCV3 4x4. I own the same van but in a high roof. Love it, but ill be heading to ford if they ever release the Transit in 4x4 from factory.

No it’s a 19 as I took it from the 19 website and photos , if I’m Erin so is the website saying it’s a 19’ .. smdh

|

9/9/2018 6:52 PM

|

9/10/2018 2:28 AM

Tiki wrote:

If Merc is your bag, check out the X-Class Truck.

That’s a Nissan Navara I believe.

|

9/10/2018 3:05 AM

Myke wrote:

I love my Transit! Gas 17.8 mpg @ 80 to 90 mph highway speed. And you can get a 4 x 4 Quigley now and a 4 x 4 straight from ford in 2020.

Photo

My god that van is cool. Perfect set up.

|

9/10/2018 6:13 AM

US is always one year behind.It,s 19 in EU and 20 in USA.You can buy it with gas engine only in US.The crap "blue tech emissions stuff" was brought from EU to US .If I can still remember correctly Def has been use in EU since 2005 .Funny thing is that my dad use to put water instead DEF fluid in his Mercedes truck and it was perfectly fine smile

|

9/10/2018 6:19 AM

Idp57 wrote:

US is always one year behind.It,s 19 in EU and 20 in USA.You can buy it with gas engine only in US.The crap "blue tech emissions stuff" was brought from EU to US .If I can still remember correctly Def has been use in EU since 2005 .Funny thing is that my dad use to put water instead DEF fluid in his Mercedes truck and it was perfectly fine smile

The new generation sprinters we're in the showroom here from around April/May this year. I've seen them alot here in Europe. So in the US it will be available around April 19

|

9/10/2018 6:22 AM

dutch_rider wrote:

The new generation sprinters we're in the showroom here from around April/May this year. I've seen them alot here in Europe. So in the US it will be available around April 19

Yeahh my bad I meant 18-19 not 19-20 .

|

9/10/2018 6:48 AM

701dad wrote:

newmann wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:

Out of curiosity Newmann, what do you do? I work for Ford

I buy a lot of your parts.smile

|

9/10/2018 8:03 AM

It would be interesting to see other forum members interior van set ups. Twitch had one of the best setups I've seen but to have it that decked out takes some serious money.

|

9/10/2018 9:08 AM

Winter86 wrote:

No it’s a 19 as I took it from the 19 website and photos , if I’m Erin so is the website saying it’s a 19’ .. smdh

No it's not! Look at the headlights its a dead give away. Thats not the front end of the 19.

|

9/10/2018 9:34 AM

Winter86 wrote:

Salesman: You came in for the 2019 bro but let me show what we have out back...

Salesman: ...THE 2020 SPRINTER!! NO ONE HAS ONE BRO! Only ONE in the country right now!

Photo

Winter86:

Photo

|

9/10/2018 10:02 AM

So... whats the price tag on one of those?

|