Related:
Create New Tag

10/11/2021 8:53 AM

Allow myself to introduce...myself. Just wanted to say hello, my name is Chris (seminole county, FL)and a thousand apologies if I missed the right section to do this. Always wanted to try mx and I finally can afford to do so. Anywho, thanks for your time.

|

10/11/2021 9:08 AM

You’re in a prime location for riding spots.

|

Instagram @ge217

10/11/2021 9:12 AM

Welcome and the obligatory "Shut Up Newb"!

|

10/11/2021 9:21 AM

Congrats on the proper intro, now just speak with the wallet properly and you'll fit right in around here!

|

10/11/2021 9:27 AM

HuskyEd wrote:

Y'all still do that?

LOL

|

Make sure you down vote!

Not affiliated with any company

10/11/2021 9:40 AM

Welcome! Whatcha got for a bike? Or shopping now?

|

RPM Performance
CT

10/11/2021 9:55 AM

Thanks everyone. And I will try to avoid many painfully dumb questions like what color can I paint my helmet to get factory sponsorships so I can start cashing checks and snappin necks like its the catalina wine mixer. But seriously, i hope to buy a decent used bike in the next couple weeks.(had an eye on a yamaha and ktm both 250s.) only concern, not that it will stop me from trying, is a medical condition that although I can walk i cant really use my legs to help absorb impact. I was inspired by the darius glover story to give it a go. 1 problem at a time I suppose. Thanks again everyone and I will keep you updated when I get my new used rig.

|

10/11/2021 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 9:56 AM

HuskyEd wrote:

Ed said it was ok!

Photo

|

Make sure you down vote!

10/11/2021 10:00 AM

Hello,

Step 1: Shut up noob.

Step 2: Acquire 2 stroke dirtbike (preferably of non-austrian origin to "speak with your purse" in the purest way)

Step 3: Enjoy the ride.

See you around...noob laughing

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

10/11/2021 10:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 10:38 AM

odecius wrote:

Thanks everyone. And I will try to avoid many painfully dumb questions like what color can I paint my helmet to get factory ...more

Do you have gear yet? You will need a good helmet, pair of boots, goggles, gloves, pants, kneepads and a jersey at the bare minimum. You can save some coin ordering online, and we can help if we know what all you need

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

10/11/2021 10:57 AM

odecius wrote:

Thanks everyone. And I will try to avoid many painfully dumb questions like what color can I paint my helmet to get factory ...more

USA wrote:

Do you have gear yet? You will need a good helmet, pair of boots, goggles, gloves, pants, kneepads and a jersey at the bare ...more

I'll add that there's some good deals in the For Sale section of the site.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/11/2021 11:01 AM

Thanks. I do need to get everything. I have been watching offer up, craigslist, ebay, cycletrader, and this forum for some deals. I have gloves from when I rode my cbr600 but not sure if that is good enough protection for the dirt. Im open to all advice cause at this point i dont know what i dont know.

|

10/11/2021 11:03 AM

Boobie pic?

|

10/11/2021 11:17 AM

odecius wrote:

Thanks. I do need to get everything. I have been watching offer up, craigslist, ebay, cycletrader, and this forum for some ...more

Motocross gloves are way thinner than street gloves. Basically no protection. As far as gear, don’t fuck around with a helmet or boots, get something top of the line.

Now that doesn’t mean super expensive, there are always deals to be had. Close out on last years stuff, colorways people didn’t want, sometimes used but I don’t know that I would on a helmet.

As far as helmets, in no particular order- Bell, Arai, Shoei, Fly, 6D all make a solid product.

Boots- Alpinestars, Gaerne, or Sidi are about all I’d wear. But I will add the caveat that alpinestars don’t last worth a shit anymore in my experience.

|

RPM Performance
CT

10/11/2021 11:41 AM

Freakn noobs.....!!!!!!

Otherwise, strap in and have fun!

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

10/11/2021 1:18 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

flarider wrote:

Ed said it was ok!

Photo

tongue laughing
|

10/11/2021 1:39 PM

flarider wrote:

Y'all still do that?

LOL

Somehow I never got mine.

|

10/11/2021 1:52 PM

Been a moratorium on noob hazing for a number of years

May still be in effect with the new management, so who knows?

|

Make sure you down vote!

10/11/2021 2:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 2:01 PM

If you get anything other than a cr500 you’re wasting your time

|

10/11/2021 2:02 PM

STFU NOOB! if you ride a 4 wheeler.

|

10/11/2021 2:05 PM

Welcome noob....I'm one of the resident nutcases. Get yourself geared up and enjoy the ride.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

10/11/2021 2:06 PM

Welcome to Vital MX, thanks for joining our merry band of misfits.

Couple things...

1. STFU Noob...

2. I recommend reading the posting guidelines topic that's stickied to the top of this subforum. Really, just stay away from religious, political, or racial topics on this forum and it'll all be good.

3. Check out the homepage if you haven't already, lots of cool content from our editorial staff.

4. If you have any further bike or product questions, feel free to ask away or create a new topic for specific answers. Pre-warning, you'll get some dumb answers from some who can't help themselves from being children, but you'll get some solid advice from the rest of the community that participates.

Most of all, enjoy the ride!

|

10/11/2021 2:20 PM

We are children

We're motocrossers

|

Make sure you down vote!

10/11/2021 2:37 PM

odecius wrote:

USA wrote:

Do you have gear yet? You will need a good helmet, pair of boots, goggles, gloves, pants, kneepads and a jersey at the bare ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I'll add that there's some good deals in the For Sale section of the site.

There is a guy with deals on gear cleaning also...

|

10/11/2021 2:56 PM

Do not listen to anyone, but the blue powerband is the shit.

Don't believe the pink powerband lies

|

Make sure you down vote!

10/11/2021 3:01 PM

alphado wrote:

Boobie pic?

For you my friend.
Photo

|

10/11/2021 3:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 3:05 PM

alphado wrote:

Boobie pic?

odecius wrote:

For you my friend.
Photo

Nice job, Noob

Hey, contact Dean Dyess at Orlando MX

They run the place and the younger Dean is a USMCA certified instructor, so you can get proper training that is consistent.

Orlando MX is on Facebook

Brinsley Dyess works at Seminole Powersports, she can help set you up with gear and more

|

Make sure you down vote!

10/11/2021 3:07 PM

and your blue powerband

|

Make sure you down vote!

10/11/2021 3:10 PM

alphado wrote:

Boobie pic?

odecius wrote:

For you my friend.
Photo

You will fit in just fine LOL

Welcome aboard.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

10/11/2021 3:35 PM

odecius wrote:

Last time I saw Darius Glover it was during a street take over in L.A...He was riding wheelies like a champ...shocked

|

Hello..Vital?..