New MX vs. ATV title scheduled to release Spring 2011

Rooster
10/4/2010 4:19pm
They need some serious help in the online department. The game play is good. The reflex movements and the track deformation really adds a new character to the game.

Unfortunately the online play portion takes a good game and makes it look terrible. They've made a lot of recent changes and added a few new rooms and options, but it's like they're putting lipstick on a pig. Sure it's a nicer looking pig, but it's still a damn pig.

I'll be a much more careful shopper when the next version comes out. They really disappointed me with this version. If they don't correct the online portion where we all spend 99% of our time I won't waste $5 on it, let alone $30-60. If there's a better option from another game maker, then it's adios THQ/Rainbow! You guys used up all your goodwill when you shipped this last buggy POS.
Cory976
10/4/2010 4:23pm
MX Simulator for PC BLOWS THE DOORS OF ANY OTHER GAME . . TRY IT! Demo is FREE!
sdfog1
10/4/2010 4:52pm
Cory976 wrote:
MX Simulator for PC BLOWS THE DOORS OF ANY OTHER GAME . . TRY IT! Demo is FREE!
I tried it. I then realized that it would take months to get it dialed when not in arcade mode. I could still win on the expert difficulty fairly easily with a couple days of playing, but I can't dedicate that much time to a computer game that costs forty bucks. I like games like Reflex that can be learned very quickly. I was good at Reflex from day one. The people who have enough free time to play MX sim are amazingly good, which makes it all the more difficult to want to buy the game, knowing that I would never be that good. Just my 2 cents.
Ddavis
10/4/2010 5:17pm
I play REV everyday it seems like (MX vs ATV Unleashed for PC with better physics/gear/quality)

I'm banned from the website because their nazi's over there but:
www.mxg-hq.com

The Shop

10/4/2010 5:35pm
I still play mx vs. atv unleashed on the ps2. That to me was their best game. Untamed is alright but not as good as unleased. I tried reflex and it was so freaking hard to play. I wish they would make reflex for the ps2 though.
powDIRT
10/4/2010 5:55pm
The thing that pisses me off is that there is no real career mode. I wish that we could run a full season where they kept track of points, I hate the star/trophy system.... Bring back the season points!!!!
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
10/4/2010 6:06pm
Ddavis wrote:
I play REV everyday it seems like (MX vs ATV Unleashed for PC with better physics/gear/quality) I'm banned from the website because their nazi's over there...
I play REV everyday it seems like (MX vs ATV Unleashed for PC with better physics/gear/quality)

www.mxg-hq.com
I thought it was because you were running a cheater bike online?
Ddavis
10/4/2010 7:09pm
Ddavis wrote:
I play REV everyday it seems like (MX vs ATV Unleashed for PC with better physics/gear/quality) I'm banned from the website because their nazi's over there...

www.mxg-hq.com
I thought it was because you were running a cheater bike online?
Thats what everyone believes. but actually I got banned for a video I released, my game was super laggy and i cased a jump and it glitched out where I didnt fall, and people thought I was cheating. (I agree it looked suspicious on the video) but I don't cheat at the game. Everybody over there thinks I cheat but I dont. NONE of my friends have ever been able to beat me at even MX Unleashed (the original) MX vs ATV Unleashed or REV (except DBK, a DIRTY bagger, and FactoryPhoto) so NO, I don't cheat. I just grew up playing MX games where I know how to go fast.
cjg23307
10/4/2010 7:58pm
Be cool to get real tracks for once to almost every other game has Real Teams,tracks,stadiums,bikes,cars. Please add those in
rc4187
10/4/2010 8:51pm
I'll say, I enjoy Reflex a lot. Even online works well for me now (though there is plenty of room for improvement).

The real problem is lack of content. It could do with less vehicles and focus on what it does well: MX. I like racing games of all varieties... the truck and buggy mechanics in Reflex (or any of the rainbow games) do not work very well.

The next Reflex could take a page from Mod nation racers or the upcoming gran turismo 5. People enjoy creating. You can get away with less content if you give people the tools to create more. The game would have a larger and more faithful community.

Final thoughts: rainbow has something very good on their hands with a lot of great potential, but it lacks focus in the right areas.
10/4/2010 9:13pm
you should als be able to free ride the sx/mx track like in untamed. and yes alot more content and real bike names plz!!
SwapperMX
10/5/2010 2:14am
I gotta agree with an earlier poster. The way that you get landed on in the first corner and on the first straight is ridiculous. It needs to be realistic to the extent that you arent racing kamikaze's that just take you out, and there should be more than 12 in a race. Also, I want a game that is purely MX, no buggies, no rubbish flag racing, just realistic supercross and motocross tracks, with realistic bikes, on realistic tracks. I couldnt wait to buy Reflex when I heard about it, but never play it anymore. Its flat out boring. I find call of duty more fun, and I hate war games.
10/5/2010 4:14am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 4:23am
Reflex is about the only game I've ever been good at. It's the best MX game ever imo and Iv'e literally played them ALL. For fun, in order of favourites, starting with my least......

McGrath v Pastrana - (Barely a game)

Supercross 2000 - (Absolutely dire, almost unplayable).

Jeremy McGrath Supercross World - (Pretty crap but playable. A PS2 release).

Supercross Kings - (Very low budget, barely known. But it had it's moments).

Ride MX - (Based on the GP's withh real tracks but frustrating game play, disappointing)

Supercross Circuit - (Wasn't released over here, had to adapt PS1. Never got on with it).

MX SIM - (Sorry to rate so low but for me, it takes just too much to get right).

Championship MX featuring Ricky Carmichael - (The 1st good console MX game)

Silkolene Honda MX Championship - (A simulator, lacked tracks but still good fun).

Mototrax - (Had it's moments, but went head to head with Unleashed and lost).

Championship MX 2001 featuring Ricky Carmichael - (Real tracks, still have this).

Supercross 2001 - (Really good, every track from the 2000 SX season, still have this).

MX 2002 - (Described as the next generation in MX games - the 1st good PS2 effort).

MX Superfly - (Real National tracks, for the time good graphics. Wasted many hrs with it)

MX Unleashed - (Incredable physics, lot's of tracks but the outdoor circuits were so so).

MX v ATV Unleashed - ( same as above but PC released sparked new lease of life).

MX Untamed - ( Personally I liked it better than the above. Felt faster, great SX and MX).

Motocross Madness - (Used to love watching the menu screen lol. Simply awesome).

MX Mania - (Very underrated yet a superb effort. The best head cam ever in an MX game).

Motocross Madness 2 - (The godfather of MX games, how many hrs did we lose here....)

Mx Reflex - (I love this 1st because it's ever changing, where timing and lines are critical)

May have forgotten one or two but I think that's it.

Camp332
10/5/2010 4:47am
1- I love Reflex.
2- Still play it online a lot.
3- Reflex is challenging, and requires skill
4- Reflex could use some new track updates, and some unobtanium parts for the bikes.

I hope Alive is built off the Reflex base model. The Reflex control engine is awesome, and I don't think Rainbow needs to stray from that.

Alive should focus on improving the online play, the bikes, and tracks.

10/5/2010 4:48am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 4:49am
I was saying this another post, but does anyone else think an MXDN mode for online play could be cool?

It'd be like having a team deathmatch mode for an MX game.

Two player teams - friends or otherwise, race over 3 circuits or one circuit 3 times, best overall results win. Of course online would have to be much more stable.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
10/5/2010 5:53am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 6:04am
Wow, for some reason I'm just not that excited about another MX game, checkers and all them are really cool, so sorry to be a downer. I think politics plays a part in the game industry, it just sux that the shooters seem to work great and MXers always get screwed. I blame it on Rainbow management they chose to release an unfinished game for whatever reason, I mean come on the bales were still falling into the track, how hard would it be to see that and fix it. They could have game me a copy and I would have found that bug the first day, I even emailed them and asked to be a beta tester and didn't get a response. I think the track packs were done, they just released them separate, either to make money or just look like they gave a crap. Stunts don't make a good game and supermoto and the pitbikes were taken out, big mistake, trucks, cars and a hovercraft? who actually thought that would be a good idea? oh ya, the bike handling is awesome, do not change it to much, maybe tweak it a bit, but that was the only good thing about the game. No replays? Seriously? Another cool thing would be to make it tourney friendly! Also make sure it keeps the correct time and finish order. That was a pretty shocking mess up, basic stuff. oh bike names? Takagishi 450 or whatever, dayem. lol.

Actually Motocross83 MXDN mode sounds like a good idea!
DoctorJD
10/5/2010 6:55am
Fix the online deficiencies. I'd like to have the same consistency that shooters like MW2 and Bad Company have.

Tune down the collision sensitivity.

Having the option to do something other than a 3 or 5 lap race (online) would be cool.

Fix the lag when players join the game when it is in progress.

Do these things and I'll buy the new game the day it comes out.

10/5/2010 8:24am
I say just come out with 50 new tracks and not worry about a new game. Only thing that would be better is less carnage and making the guy corner more moto style instead of sliding around. I'll be buying it!
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
10/5/2010 8:32am
I was saying this another post, but does anyone else think an MXDN mode for online play could be cool? It'd be like having a team...
I was saying this another post, but does anyone else think an MXDN mode for online play could be cool?

It'd be like having a team deathmatch mode for an MX game.

Two player teams - friends or otherwise, race over 3 circuits or one circuit 3 times, best overall results win. Of course online would have to be much more stable.
The FIM game is supposed to have MXDN in it but im not sure it if till be set up like that or not.

Post a reply to: New MX vs. ATV title scheduled to release Spring 2011

The Latest