New JT aluminum sprockets?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2021 4:28 PM

Never seen these before, I remember using JT years ago but it seemed like the name started to come back around. These are way cheap for an aluminum sprocket from a brand I've actually heard from. Anyone tried one out yet?
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/jt-racelite-aluminum-rear-sprocket-p?s=1726708

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

10/7/2021 4:36 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

Never seen these before, I remember using JT years ago but it seemed like the name started to come back around. These are way ...more

JT sprockets are extremely popular here in New Zealand.
quality is among the best in the world I would recommend there sprockets to anyone.
Personally I prefer them over Renthal or Talon versions.

|

10/7/2021 4:55 PM

Fuck me running, that’s a great price.

|

10/7/2021 7:13 PM

Munson'd wrote:

Fuck me running.
Is that a local saying, or American?

|

10/7/2021 7:32 PM

Munson'd wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Fuck me running.

I like factory/trick parts after spending 10k on a bike. Zero chance id buy that shit. Vanity i know but its my money not yours.

|

10/7/2021 7:34 PM

Well I'll be dipped in purple horse shit . . . that's a deal!

|

10/7/2021 7:37 PM

JT has been making solid driveline components for years, and they are always reasonably priced. Their x-ring chains are nearly unbeatable for the price.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

10/7/2021 7:38 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

Never seen these before, I remember using JT years ago but it seemed like the name started to come back around. These are way ...more

Run them for years no problems the aluminum one's. Looks like they updated the looks to something better.

|

10/7/2021 7:39 PM

Munson'd wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Fuck me running.

Local to Madison, Wisconsin. Only used by people who'v been Munsoned. Fair Dinkum.

|

Powerband in every gear !

10/7/2021 7:41 PM

JT sprockets have been around for a long time and are as durable as any aluminum sprocket. I’m a Dirt Tricks guy myself.

|

10/7/2021 7:51 PM

Munson'd wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Fuck me running.

SCC wrote:

I like factory/trick parts after spending 10k on a bike. Zero chance id buy that shit. Vanity i know but its my money not ...more

Why would you call it shit? It’s made of 7075-T6 which is the same as Renthal.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/7/2021 9:46 PM

Munson'd wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Fuck me running.

SCC wrote:

I like factory/trick parts after spending 10k on a bike. Zero chance id buy that shit. Vanity i know but its my money not ...more

So nothing but Dirt Tricks stuff then?

|

10/8/2021 4:05 AM

Munson'd wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Fuck me running.

I’ve heard other people say it, I assume it’s an American thing?

|

10/8/2021 5:08 AM

At that price they are definitely manufactured in China. I think they used to be made in the UK? Wonder how the quality is nowadays...

|

10/8/2021 5:13 AM

Munson'd wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Fuck me running.

I say it in central Ohio lol

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

10/8/2021 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2021 7:23 AM

laughing

Some of the comments I see in here...claims of what's good or bad or what brand is or is not "quality".

There are more than a few "cool guy" brands that make their stuff in China/Taiwan/Asia & sometimes even in the same factories and on the same production lines as brands that some in here scoff at. Some of that stuff comes stock on your Mega $ "Replica Editions", too.

I'm jus' sayin'...
|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

10/8/2021 8:28 AM

mx317 wrote:

Same material, but that doesn't automatically guarantee JT is better than Renthal (or vice-versa)

heat treat processes could be different
material specification could be different (material microstructure, composition/chemical requirement)

All of these material properties are controlled by the engineering specifications for each company. When they source raw material from the steel mill, they will provide a spec range that must provide the correct microstructure and composition. Typically after the machining is complete, the heat treat process is done and that is another process that could have different outcomes. A more durable sprocket will have higher surface hardness as well as higher microhardness below the surface.

|

10/8/2021 8:47 AM

SCC wrote:

mx317 wrote:

mxtech1 wrote:

Same material, but that doesn't automatically guarantee JT is better than Renthal (or vice-versa)

heat treat processes could ...more

Didn’t say it was better, only that it wasn’t shit because I’ve used them.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/8/2021 8:52 AM

FGR01 wrote:

Local to Madison, Wisconsin. Only used by people who'v been Munsoned. Fair Dinkum.

Ave is that you?

|

10/8/2021 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2021 7:44 PM

mxtech1 wrote:

heat treat processes could ...more

You don't know what you are talking about.

7075 T6 is a complete material specification for that aluminium alloy and will guarantee uniformity- ingredients, properties, method of processing, heat treatment- everything.

|

10/8/2021 9:04 AM

Munson'd wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Fuck me running.

Munson'd wrote:

I’ve heard other people say it, I assume it’s an American thing?

Or it’s cousin, fuck me sideways. I dunno I’m American and I use both

|

RPM Performance
CT

10/8/2021 9:10 AM

the chinese are famous for counterfeiting shit. there was a huge scandal about them putting fake markings on bolts. even the US Military got caught in that and had to change out buttloads of mild steel bolts that were marked as hardened or high strength. just cause it says 7075 T6 doesn't mean it is.

and the rocky mountain ad in the 1st post says JT Racelite, not JT Racing.

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125XC

10/8/2021 9:19 AM

yota wrote:

the chinese are famous for counterfeiting shit. there was a huge scandal about them putting fake markings on bolts. even the ...more

Racelite is the name of the sprocket. JT Racing is engraved on the sprocket.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/8/2021 10:06 AM

yota wrote:

the chinese are famous for counterfeiting shit. there was a huge scandal about them putting fake markings on bolts. even the ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Racelite is the name of the sprocket. JT Racing is engraved on the sprocket.

I see. thanks for setting me straight.

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125XC

10/8/2021 10:06 AM

I’ve run them a few times. Since they are cheap they are great for testing different ratios. I only get about 15 hours out of them. They are 7075-T6 aluminum. Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

10/8/2021 12:20 PM

Man the energy it must take for you guys to just think everything is a lie must be exhausting.

|

10/8/2021 12:30 PM

I’ve been running JT sprockets since the 70’s.

|

10/9/2021 11:19 AM

The sprockets in the link look a lot like the tag metals sprockets from about 10 years ago....or at least they reminded me of them

|

10/9/2021 2:10 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

The sprockets in the link look a lot like the tag metals sprockets from about 10 years ago....or at least they reminded me of ...more

Those were good sprockets

|

10/9/2021 2:19 PM

My friend, Dieter, is very serious about his Sprockets!
Photo

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!