Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

9/29/2020 7:27 AM

Why the fake exhaust? That's like vegans trying to call things meat when they're clearly just made of chemicals and not animal meat

|

9/29/2020 8:10 AM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Why the fake exhaust? That's like vegans trying to call things meat when they're clearly just made of chemicals and not animal ...more

It's a toy, dude. Meant to look like the big ones, just like dad's racebike. The same reason all the air cooled 50s have fake rad shrouds.

|

9/29/2020 8:12 AM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Why the fake exhaust? That's like vegans trying to call things meat when they're clearly just made of chemicals and not animal ...more

Is the radiator functional or is that also a fake addition? Cant see any hoses running to or from it...

|

9/29/2020 9:00 AM

Looks cool and sourced from Razor.

Photo

Similar (chassis / spec) numbers as their McGrath replica.

Photo

|

9/29/2020 9:02 AM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

boston_jorj wrote:

Is the radiator functional or is that also a fake addition? Cant see any hoses running to or from it...

Why do kids clip playing cards into their pedal bike spokes? Because they want to be cool like their dad or others and dream they are on a real motorcycle. Why not make it look closer to the real thing even if it is just for show?

|

9/29/2020 10:23 AM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Yeah, also that kid did not win the AMA FT championship. Fake plates, I'm enraged.

|

9/29/2020 10:26 AM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Because the exhaust is one of the coolest parts on a "real" bike!

|

9/29/2020 10:37 AM

Flat Track. Coming to a softball infield near you!

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

9/29/2020 10:43 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Sounds like so much fun.

|

9/29/2020 12:22 PM

Love it. Some may not like e-bikes in any form but it is creating a two wheel renaissance across the world. Good for all of us.

|

9/29/2020 1:48 PM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Sounds like so much fun.

We used to do Speedway on our 100cc beach cruisers. Good times

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

9/29/2020 2:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2020 3:23 PM

Dropbear wrote:

Love it. Some may not like e-bikes in any form but it is creating a two wheel renaissance across the world. Good for all of ...more

I have a family acquaintance kid who's 10 years old and lives in the shadow of New York City. His dad doesn't live with him and he mostly plays soccer and fortnite for fun. A few weeks ago they came out for a visit and he brought his razor electric dirt bike they probably bought a target or walmart. He was PSYCHED on it. I took it for a spin and although it didn't "feel" like a real dirtbikes it was fun to tool around the driveway and yard. These things are perfect for getting kids exposed to twisting a throttle on 2 wheels. They also cost about as much as a low level brand name mountain bike which is more approachable than a klx110. This thing looks way cooler than the razor branded bike, too bad there isn't a little more tread on the tires.

Edit: Also, they threw it in the back of a Toyota Rav 4, no gas fumes.

|

9/29/2020 8:55 PM

Hmm. I thought this was a Bajaj Gas Gas thread. :-)

|

9/29/2020 9:10 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

Hmm. I thought this was a Bajaj Gas Gas thread. :-)

That’s some funny shit right there. This is the REAL new Indian motorcycle.

Photo
Photo

|

9/29/2020 10:01 PM

Ted722 wrote:

Looks cool and sourced from Razor.

Photo

Similar (chassis / spec) numbers as their McGrath replica.

Photo

So, it's as I thought :

It's a (Chinese /Taiwanese/ Thai etc etc) 'catalogue' thing.

It's just a dreadful looking, mismatched, el cheapo build item that Indian should be ashamed to have put out for sale. And, probably at a premium over the price of what that "Kawasaki" rep goes for.

It looks utterly, utterly s**t house, other than the Tank / Seat / Tailpiece, and is damned near as ugly as a Deltek or Deckson lawn mower bike from the 60s and early 70s - but at least those didn't have 'styling' panels of such crap fakery.

Indian should be ashamed of this, and should have, could have, made a far better effort of it. Even with such a 'catalogue' build.

The FTR1200 is one of the best looking naked bikes around - despite having next to nothing to do with, other than styling, the magnificent, all conquering FTR750 racer.

|

9/29/2020 11:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2020 11:19 PM

^^^ Beauty's in the eye of the beholder, plus it doesn't share all the specs with the MX500. Over 3 times the battery life, a high / low mode, and possibly other stuff I'm not aware of.

And back to the looks, I think they did alright. Looks cool and could easily be customized.

Photo

Photo

|