New Gen Ken Troubles

Talisker
Sexton is on the up and up.. Fast, Smooth, and Gets Good Starts.

Is it time for Kenny to hit the “Panic” button??????
|
1/30/2022 4:46am
TBF Kenny got a better start than Chase, he was fast & smooth too, if not for the incident with Anderson there's no reason to think Ken wouldn't have been on the podium last night. A1 proved Kenny has the fitness and the speed.

No need to panic, just keep on keeping on, maybe watch those inside moves when someone is right on his tail.
1/30/2022 6:02am
If his goal is to win this championship, yes, the panic button has been smashed. He would either need to go on a MC ‘93 style run or hope for bad luck for several of his competitors to win the championship at this point. He is already 23 points down, and the leader sure looks to be solidly in control for the time being. Even with the start, Roczen didn’t have the speed to run away from the pack last night.

The Shop

Tumic
1/30/2022 6:27am
Ken needs to realize that not all of the other riders race as classy as Ken. And he should have learned that while battle with Webb post seasons when Webb moved Ken out of his way more than one time when Ken left the inside open.

gt80rider
1/30/2022 9:01am
Panic button? Ya... I would go with all of team ktm (including gg and husky)... and yes... plus k roc... dude has been around a long time.... and this yr, he doesn't have just one or two guys as fast as him, he has a half dozen...

Changing of the guard yr spare et3 and el hombre
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/30/2022 2:20pm
Ken didn’t have the speed to stay there last night. The other 3 and even DF were faster. They were all going to go around Kenny at some point if he hadn’t gone down.
teamddr
1/30/2022 2:43pm
Anderson is like every other aggressive rider out there, they know they can torpedo KR and don’t have to worry about getting some back. I think what Kenny has been through has left him apprehensive about contact. I agree with other posters on here that thinks if Bam Bam would have done that he would be getting roasted on here, as for Kenny it’s time he made a stand like Bogle did last week or he’s gonna get some every time.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/30/2022 5:21pm
teamddr wrote:
Anderson is like every other aggressive rider out there, they know they can torpedo KR and don’t have to worry about getting some back. I think...
Anderson is like every other aggressive rider out there, they know they can torpedo KR and don’t have to worry about getting some back. I think what Kenny has been through has left him apprehensive about contact. I agree with other posters on here that thinks if Bam Bam would have done that he would be getting roasted on here, as for Kenny it’s time he made a stand like Bogle did last week or he’s gonna get some every time.
"I think what Kenny has been through has left him apprehensive about contact" come on give it a rest, using the what he's been through excuse is getting real old.
CPR
1/30/2022 5:58pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Ken didn’t have the speed to stay there last night. The other 3 and even DF were faster. They were all going to go around Kenny...
Ken didn’t have the speed to stay there last night. The other 3 and even DF were faster. They were all going to go around Kenny at some point if he hadn’t gone down.
Last I saw, Roczen had the 2nd fastest lap of the main last night……

IF Anderson doesn’t knock him down the last two weeks, Roczen would likely be your points leader right now. But that’s racing, just needs to keep his head down and push forward and he’ll slowly claw his way back up the points.

Getting back to the top though is unlikely, but it has happened before. Time to regather and focus, yes, panic, no.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
1/30/2022 6:09pm
The season doesn’t start until Daytona.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/30/2022 7:04pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Ken didn’t have the speed to stay there last night. The other 3 and even DF were faster. They were all going to go around Kenny...
CPR wrote:
Last I saw, Roczen had the 2nd fastest lap of the main last night…… IF Anderson doesn’t knock him down the last two weeks, Roczen would...

IF Anderson doesn’t knock him down the last two weeks, Roczen would likely be your points leader right now. But that’s racing, just needs to keep his head down and push forward and he’ll slowly claw his way back up the points.

Getting back to the top though is unlikely, but it has happened before. Time to regather and focus, yes, panic, no.
I can see you want to argue with me in every thread today, so I’m going to leave off with saying that before Kenny went down, he was trying to sprint away but the three guys behind him were going faster and were going around him anyways.
CPR
1/30/2022 7:14pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
CPR wrote:
Last I saw, Roczen had the 2nd fastest lap of the main last night…… IF Anderson doesn’t knock him down the last two weeks, Roczen would...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I can see you want to argue with me in every thread today, so I’m going to leave off with saying that before Kenny went down...
I can see you want to argue with me in every thread today, so I’m going to leave off with saying that before Kenny went down, he was trying to sprint away but the three guys behind him were going faster and were going around him anyways.
Sorry dude, don’t wanna argue with you personally, you just happened to make two comments I didn’t agree with 😂
That happens on forums.
I actually don’t take too much notice of who says what, I don’t have the memory for that! Cheers.
Viking782
1/30/2022 7:21pm
Nice thread title Wink
The only ones that need to hit the panic button are Marv and Webb.
Webb’s cute little helmet paint job with him sitting on the couch all summer... probably the dumbest thing I’ve seen. Looks like he wasn’t joking. Guy is a tool.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/30/2022 7:24pm
CPR wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I can see you want to argue with me in every thread today, so I’m going to leave off with saying that before Kenny went down...
CPR wrote:
Sorry dude, don’t wanna argue with you personally, you just happened to make two comments I didn’t agree with 😂 That happens on forums. I actually...
Sorry dude, don’t wanna argue with you personally, you just happened to make two comments I didn’t agree with 😂
That happens on forums.
I actually don’t take too much notice of who says what, I don’t have the memory for that! Cheers.
My bad for seeing it incorrectly! That’s 100% on me. I apologize for that. Cheers
Hank_Thrill
1/30/2022 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2022 7:57pm
teamddr wrote:
Anderson is like every other aggressive rider out there, they know they can torpedo KR and don’t have to worry about getting some back. I think...
lostboy819 wrote:
"[b]I think what Kenny has been through has left him apprehensive about contact[/b]" come on give it a rest, using the what he's been through excuse...
"I think what Kenny has been through has left him apprehensive about contact" come on give it a rest, using the what he's been through excuse is getting real old.
I’m a licensed clinical psychology provider and there’s no doubt in my mind someone in a similar situation to him would be a changed rider after going through some of those wrecks. It’s mostly a positive one but there are some hang ups. Plus, he’s at an age in his life where his brain is fully developed (more future oriented, less emotionally impulsive) and has a family. I think he still wants to win but he also doesn’t want to be in anymore big wrecks. I wanted him to win the title so bad last year but it’s looking slim now unless he can pull an 2002 RC, 2009 Stewart, etc.
Yuban156
1/30/2022 9:10pm
teamddr wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
"[b]I think what Kenny has been through has left him apprehensive about contact[/b]" come on give it a rest, using the what he's been through excuse...
I’m a licensed clinical psychology provider and there’s no doubt in my mind someone in a similar situation to him would be a changed rider after...
I’m a licensed clinical psychology provider and there’s no doubt in my mind someone in a similar situation to him would be a changed rider after going through some of those wrecks. It’s mostly a positive one but there are some hang ups. Plus, he’s at an age in his life where his brain is fully developed (more future oriented, less emotionally impulsive) and has a family. I think he still wants to win but he also doesn’t want to be in anymore big wrecks. I wanted him to win the title so bad last year but it’s looking slim now unless he can pull an 2002 RC, 2009 Stewart, etc.
Hank with the facts.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
2/1/2022 3:48pm
Ken learned from the last few seasons that he cannot hold onto the red plate. He's just giving everyone a false sense of security and then he'll go on a tear and win from behind, in a dazzling last-lap pass on Cooper Webb. Just watch.

Or, maybe not.
Mr. Afterbar
2/1/2022 3:53pm
Falcon wrote:
Ken learned from the last few seasons that he cannot hold onto the red plate. He's just giving everyone a false sense of security and then...
Ken learned from the last few seasons that he cannot hold onto the red plate. He's just giving everyone a false sense of security and then he'll go on a tear and win from behind, in a dazzling last-lap pass on Cooper Webb. Just watch.

Or, maybe not.
You never know. That’s why we watch. He’ll win again soon.
motomike137
2/2/2022 4:36am
I’m a licensed clinical psychology provider and there’s no doubt in my mind someone in a similar situation to him would be a changed rider after...
I'm sure Ken is changed after those injuries but even before that he was never a guy that needed to trade paint. He could rely on his unreal ability to go fast and he only had a handful of competitors over the years that could run with him. Unfortunately for him time is catching up and so is the talent especially in SX. On top of that SX is more dog eat dog than ever and Ken can't get it through his head to protect his lines let alone fight back. I wish the guy had the fortitude to just go ahead and wear the black hat once in a while and act like he wants one of these SX titles really bad. You know, fight for the damn thing!
bens152
2/2/2022 4:51am
Is anyone talking about his flight to Germany last week and what that was all about? I haven’t heard any talk of it, and seems like a pretty big talking point…
NJKawi913
2/2/2022 5:00am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2022 5:02am
I am no expert but Kenny seems mentally over racing. I think the injuries on top of becoming a father has really changed him. Go back to his euro days and US championships and listen to some of the interviews he did. The guy was a stone cold killer with only one thing on his mind winning, and he did just that. Then listen to his last swapmoto interview, he flat out said his family comes first, and hints at retiring after 2022. Its a great thing that he wants to be a family man, but to win at the highest level racing needs to come first.
Talisker
2/2/2022 5:19am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2022 5:21am
Kenny burnt up the majority of his 9 lives on both of his arm injuries. The only thing Kenny suffers from today is that he no longer has the “it” factor. Motocrossers lose it for two reasons: 1) they age out of the sport 2) injuries.
Super Mc with 72 wins eventually lost his “it” factor by aging out. While people like Reynard and Pastrana lost “it” due to injuries.

If Kenny has another bad race this weekend, for whatever reason, its time to hit the panic button. I think Chase will be a familiar face on the podium from here on out.
45ACP
2/2/2022 5:21am
Seems like he's just lost that fire, that mental toughness that's needed to win a championship. It's like there's no fight left in him. He gets punked around on the track and if anything at all isn't right, he can't fight through it. My guess is we see some wins here and there but his days of winning championships are over. He isn't there mentally. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him retire very soon.

I'm not trying to be a dick it's just my observation. I'd actually like to see him succeed.
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2763rd
2/2/2022 5:52am
the last half of last season was the nail in the coffin. that was an epic meltdown that had him literally pull over so CW could take the championship. KR is making huge money, family at home, multi-millionaire...he'll win here and there when things are "easy" for him, but he'll never again chase down anyone in 1st nor will he "battle to the death" with someone that has caught him. He'll either pull over or he'll get parked like JA did to him, and then KR will say "Gee whiz - WE tried so hard to day and WE felt good but dang it, WE just couldn't make it work with that mean guy riding so aggressively."
kpiper
2/2/2022 8:23am
It is a tough sport. Injuries and age make cowards of us all when it comes to how fast we ride. Happens to everyone.

He got up so slowly after JA hit him...pretty telling being so early in the season.
bens152
2/2/2022 2:49pm
Bad pre season, not happy with bike, few terrible races would make for a very unmotivated rider right now I think.
mxfuture
2/3/2022 5:01am
Talisker wrote:
Sexton is on the up and up.. Fast, Smooth, and Gets Good Starts.

Is it time for Kenny to hit the “Panic” button??????
It's not looking good. If there's no Panic Button... there's no title in his future.
Talisker
2/4/2022 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2022 1:38am
KENNY’S KEYS TO THE RACE

Kenny, under any circumstances, and against all odds, don’t get parked, slammed, or moved out of the way……

Kenny, under any circumstances, and against all odds, make something, anything happen tonight…….

Post a reply to: New Gen Ken Troubles

The Latest