New Gatorback?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2017 9:29 AM

I guess you can just build a legendary track anywhere you want if you have the acreage? I knew the fate of the old property was looking grim, glad I got to race there one time on my Bultaco!


http://www.wcjb.com/content/news/Gatorback-Cycle-Parks-newly-proposed-site-exciting-some-business-owners-.html

|

8/17/2017 9:49 AM

Sad to see the old one go. It amazes me that these tracks are built and invested in without owning the land. Same with southwick. That land owner now has a motocross facility probably at the operators expense. Hopefully he can take some of the structures with him to the new location.

|

8/17/2017 11:21 AM

The coolest part to me at this point is watching a news video with everyone in it happy for a track to be built.

|

8/17/2017 11:29 AM

Naanak wrote:

The coolest part to me at this point is watching a news video with everyone in it happy for a track to be built.

I thought the exact same thing, I guess that's why this seemed a bit odd. So much better than loosing another track outright.

|

8/17/2017 11:32 AM

The main thing Gatorback had going for it is it actually had some elevation changes to it. Florida is FLAT ASF. So odds are the appeal that track had won't be like it use to.

|

8/17/2017 11:38 AM

Moving to a new location so it can hold more spectators? I'm calling B.S. lol. Anyone that has ever been to Gatorback knows is damn near impossible to reach max capacity. Who here has been to mini O's and had to park in the back fields? Takes you over 10 mins on a golf cart to get to the gates lol.

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

8/17/2017 3:00 PM

Charper732 wrote:

The main thing Gatorback had going for it is it actually had some elevation changes to it. Florida is FLAT ASF. So odds are the appeal that track had won't be like it use to.

They can dig and move a lot of dirt in 30 days to create some elevation change but my guess is this first track will be fairly lame. I could be wrong tho.

|

8/17/2017 3:38 PM

Jordan421 wrote:

Moving to a new location so it can hold more spectators? I'm calling B.S. lol. Anyone that has ever been to Gatorback knows is damn near impossible to reach max capacity. Who here has been to mini O's and had to park in the back fields? Takes you over 10 mins on a golf cart to get to the gates lol.

Nice observation Sherlock. They mentioned in the new report that the two parties that owned the track dissolved their relationship and it sounds like the "operator" is taking his operation down the road.

I hear, maybe in another thread, there was a pissing match between the property owner and the track operator. The property owner called the other guys bluff and but it turns out the other guy (the track operator) wasn't bluffing.

Stoked to see a community rally behind the track.

|

8/17/2017 4:38 PM

Not many know but there is another rock quarry that is just like Gatorback about 1-2 miles due west that would make a great track, I think the land is owned by a Cement company.

|

8/17/2017 6:14 PM

croom mx wrote:

Not many know but there is another rock quarry that is just like Gatorback about 1-2 miles due west that would make a great track, I think the land is owned by a Cement company.

Absolutely no way they would go for that, unfortunately. I've worked countless hare scrambles there as a member of the club and it was always a crap shoot of them letting us use the mine, even for just the Sunday race once a year.

|