New GASGAS pics?

2/28/2020 5:23pm
I guess I'm the only one who thinks GASGAS is a corny name and wouldn't want it displayed so boldy on my beautiful new red KTM
LungButter
2/28/2020 8:01pm
I'm in.

Count me in for a 2021 GasGas 450xc (whatever its gonna be called, I want the off road race version)

I just hope the good dealer in my neck of the woods is selling them and not just the shitty one.

The Shop

280driver
2/28/2020 9:35pm
Yawn......KTM should just make the same bike in blue, yellow, red and green. Lame IMO.
2/29/2020 2:14am
Anyone know what the deal is with the Gasgas factory in Catalonia? Do they keep making the trials bikes but with more KTM parts?
2/29/2020 2:22am
Seems that they still need to supply parts for 10 years.
But beyond that there is a rumor that they are trying to sell to another spanish firm the production tooling of enduro models.

Seems that Trail models are made in spain still.

2/29/2020 3:31am
Time for ktm to be like GM with the Cadillac, Buick and Pontiac brands. They need to differentiate the brands with more than different colored plastic. Time to have one brand step up with the latest and greatest suspension, triple clamps, exhaust, wheel set, phone program able ecu, etc. also hope they change the shape of the Husky plastics, the red shrouds look like plastic that came off the “Samsonite” Can Am bikes from Bach in the day.
BobPA
2/29/2020 6:21am
Seems that they still need to supply parts for 10 years. But beyond that there is a rumor that they are trying to sell to another...
Seems that they still need to supply parts for 10 years.
But beyond that there is a rumor that they are trying to sell to another spanish firm the production tooling of enduro models.

Seems that Trail models are made in spain still.

The "10 year rule" is purely a myth. Manufacturers are only required to provide parts during their advertised warranty period. They are also required by the EPA to cover emissions related failures for 2 years, and provide emission related parts for 8 years.

No such rule exists in the power sports world.
2/29/2020 7:33am
ga_pike wrote:
Glad to see they've taken the first step by simply getting the name on the track. Will be interesting to see how they choose to develop...
Glad to see they've taken the first step by simply getting the name on the track. Will be interesting to see how they choose to develop this brand moving forward. Will it truly be a more value oriented line? My only complaint is it's red. Not because I don't thin it looks good, but because you already have red Honda's. Not sure what other color they could have gone with though... grey with red accents maybe?
What will Ralph do when he has 2 red bikes out there?? Sometime the first weekend he say Roczen on the Red GasGas
peelout wrote:
Ralf trying to figure it out [img]https://media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/bcf.png[/img]
Ralf trying to figure it out

Roczen on his red Honda on the gas past the red Gas Gas rider.
2/29/2020 7:37am
280driver wrote:
Yawn......KTM should just make the same bike in blue, yellow, red and green. Lame IMO.
They're supposedly updating the bike as the season progresses with the ultimate goal in mind of having a "different" bike next year. I'm sure it'll be like the Husky with same frame/motor but different aesthetics. If it's still a red KTM by midsummer maybe not.
MxRewind
2/29/2020 10:44am
When they made the GasGas have WP forks as expected my interest went:

hanzhongluboy
3/1/2020 7:15pm
No energy drinks taking up the scheme.
BooKoo energy about to rise out of the ashes to fill the void. stamp it
3/2/2020 3:01am
Yeah... VW with Seat, Skoda, VW and Audi is a better example I think....
3/2/2020 8:59am
Renner153 wrote:
It’s all ktm plastics. Just red. Shrouds are plain red with gasgas stretched across it. Will have silver rims. Should look ok if you like simple.
Even tho the pic earlier in thread is shopped I think the red plastic and frame with silver rims are gorgeous. Add some anodized red hubs to make it perfect.
3/2/2020 9:14am
Buick won't go away so long as it remains one of the most desirable brands in China.
aeffertz
3/2/2020 4:13pm
KTMmarkus wrote:
Yeah... VW with Seat, Skoda, VW and Audi is a better example I think....
KTM is well on their way to a VAG-like business if they keep this up! Volkswagen Group has so many subsidiaries. Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, Skoda, Seat, Ducati.

Can you imagine a Lamborghini-esque 450? Grinning
rileymx
3/29/2020 7:45am
the thing is that all this just happened a few years ago, not that every one forgot......
all that ktm did and is doing with husqvarna to put it as an exclusive and top class bike, ktm will do to put gasgas as a cheaper as more accessible beginners bike ....no rocket science here !!!!!
it took 2 years to settle husqvarna`s image and style......
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
4/2/2020 6:46am
rileymx wrote:
the thing is that all this just happened a few years ago, not that every one forgot...... all that ktm did and is doing with husqvarna...
the thing is that all this just happened a few years ago, not that every one forgot......
all that ktm did and is doing with husqvarna to put it as an exclusive and top class bike, ktm will do to put gasgas as a cheaper as more accessible beginners bike ....no rocket science here !!!!!
it took 2 years to settle husqvarna`s image and style......
i doubt ktm would undermine there other 2 brands that way.
rangot
4/6/2020 1:18am
Will GAS GAS make a 350 mx or offroad bike?
It's expected, yes. GG will have pretty much the same range as KTM and HVA.
Berni
4/6/2020 2:58am
Regarding what is going to happen with the old enduro platform and the spares, there is already a solution:

- For the trial side, all goes to KTM so they'll keep developing the trials bikes and supplying the spares.

- For the enduro, KTM has already sold the platform to an other spanish brand, called Rieju. Rieju is an old spanish brand (probably the oldest one of the spanish brands?) and it is the only remaining. The usually have low CC. bikes and their market has never been the competitive enduro (but for some years around end of 80's / beggining of 90's, when they had a competitive 80cc. enduro bike and they won like 8 o 9 spanish 80cc. enduro championships (that 80cc class is extinted since the 90's).

So Rieju bought the platform and is going to keep selling it, plus will supply all the spares for - 2019 GasGas enduro bikes.
Rieju is not know for developing enduro bikes (when they have had enduro bikes, it has been GasGas chasis with yamaha engines....). So I do not know if they will keep developing the GasGas/Rieju enduro bike, or they will leave it like it is
Sean Murdock
5/25/2021 12:51pm
2021 OEM / Race Series by DeCal Works.
Finally got a sweet photo of one to share.

Post a reply to: New GASGAS pics?

The Latest