New Fox V3 Helmet

jpatz319
Fantasy
1145th
Edited Date/Time 3/4/2022 7:37am
What are everyone's thoughts on the new Fox V3 helmet? I am in the market for a new lid and wanted to hear some real world feedback. My past helmets have been Arai's and Shoei's but I would like something with the newer rotational technology in it.
|
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
7/12/2019 2:52pm
I have owned shoei and my last helmet was a bell moto9. I like the new v3 but it definitely isn’t as comfortable as my bell is and my shoei was. It’s light and the ventilation is great. I have had one digger where the magnetic visor broke away from the helmet, and it did it’s job. It’s also really good looking!
7/12/2019 2:56pm
jpatz319 wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on the new Fox V3 helmet? I am in the market for a new lid and wanted to hear some real world...
What are everyone's thoughts on the new Fox V3 helmet? I am in the market for a new lid and wanted to hear some real world feedback. My past helmets have been Arai's and Shoei's but I would like something with the newer rotational technology in it.
Nice looking helmet, but curious as to why you are looking for something with "NEWER" rotational tech in it, does MIPS, or the other methods not work for you?
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
7/12/2019 3:12pm
Nice looking helmet, but curious as to why you are looking for something with "NEWER" rotational tech in it, does MIPS, or the other methods not...
Nice looking helmet, but curious as to why you are looking for something with "NEWER" rotational tech in it, does MIPS, or the other methods not work for you?
MIPS bought Fluid Inside so that should tell you something.
7/12/2019 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2019 5:48pm
Nice looking helmet, but curious as to why you are looking for something with "NEWER" rotational tech in it, does MIPS, or the other methods not...
It should tell me something, not sure what, but....

MIPS bought fluid inside tech, for only $3.3 million bucks. MIPS has been in the bulk of Fox's helmets since they began using rotational impact...so a long time MIPS customer, until recently when they went to Fluid.
(Source: https://cyclingindustry.news/mips-to-acquire-linear-and-rotational-moti… )

If I were Mr Mips, and I found out a competitor technology-whether it was better or worse, was for sale for only $3m bucks, and that competitor took a major account (Fox) away from me, and I could STOP any further market share erosion, i'd buy them. It is said that there are 9 million helmets with MIPS in it (see source below), why not keep that ball rolling and buy ANY future tech from stealing market share? especially at such a bargain price, whether its good or bad-better or worse??

(source on 9 million: https://www.bikemag.com/gear/apparel/helmets/bike-helmet-rotational-for…)

The Shop

AngryBear
7/12/2019 7:37pm
It should tell me something, not sure what, but.... MIPS bought fluid inside tech, for only $3.3 million bucks. MIPS has been in the bulk of...
It should tell me something, not sure what, but....

MIPS bought fluid inside tech, for only $3.3 million bucks. MIPS has been in the bulk of Fox's helmets since they began using rotational impact...so a long time MIPS customer, until recently when they went to Fluid.
(Source: https://cyclingindustry.news/mips-to-acquire-linear-and-rotational-moti… )

If I were Mr Mips, and I found out a competitor technology-whether it was better or worse, was for sale for only $3m bucks, and that competitor took a major account (Fox) away from me, and I could STOP any further market share erosion, i'd buy them. It is said that there are 9 million helmets with MIPS in it (see source below), why not keep that ball rolling and buy ANY future tech from stealing market share? especially at such a bargain price, whether its good or bad-better or worse??

(source on 9 million: https://www.bikemag.com/gear/apparel/helmets/bike-helmet-rotational-for…)

"MIPS CEO Max Strandwitz said: 'The acquisition is primarily part of our strategic plan to increase our patent protection'"

straight from the horses mouth.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2236th
7/12/2019 8:07pm
The new V3 is awesome. I previously had a Bell Flex. It’s very comfortable and light feeling. The ventilation is awesome. You can feel the air moving over your head. The goggle port is large so any of the upper end goggle (Oakley, Fox Vue, 100% and Scott) fit really well.
7/13/2019 2:44am
is there any testing data on this helmet if the fluid is as good/better than what Fly and 6d are offering? and why release it with hardly any colors to choose from...
GODZILLA
7/13/2019 3:00am
Fox helmets get bulkier and uglier with each new model.
VRR7
7/14/2019 4:01am
Why on Earth did they call it the "new V3" and not the V4 or V5 ? Now one has to specify what helmet you are referring to Fox V3 helmet . Which one old v3 or new v3. V normally refers to version so even V3.1 compared to V3.0 old and new is just weird non logical marking - Strange ?
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
7/14/2019 4:52am
VRR7 wrote:
Why on Earth did they call it the "new V3" and not the V4 or V5 ? Now one has to specify what helmet you are...
Why on Earth did they call it the "new V3" and not the V4 or V5 ? Now one has to specify what helmet you are referring to Fox V3 helmet . Which one old v3 or new v3. V normally refers to version so even V3.1 compared to V3.0 old and new is just weird non logical marking - Strange ?
So should Alpinestars have released the tech 11 in stead of the new tech 10?
VRR7
7/14/2019 8:35am
VRR7 wrote:
Why on Earth did they call it the "new V3" and not the V4 or V5 ? Now one has to specify what helmet you are...
Fresh wrote:
I hear you so the V1 V2 V3 V4 - Are the model names of the helmet.Not V ersion9(s) -
So the new V4 will be the top of the line ... when it comes out.

As Tech 1 2 3 5 7 8 10 etc are model names.

New Fox V1 look like the New Fox V3

Lunch_Box
7/14/2019 11:49am
V1 is an entry level helmet where the V3 is the top end model. They use to make a V4 as their high end model but haven't for a few years now. The V doesn't stand for version, just the model name of the helmet.
7/14/2019 11:58am
I personally stay with companies that strictly focus on making helmets like Shoei. It simply eases my mind.
gkelm
3/4/2022 6:38am
Necro-post! How’s the fit? I wear a medium in every other helmet I’ve owned or tried on, and bought a V2 medium and it was way small!
3/4/2022 7:10am
Hate to be hating but dang this is the worst looking helmet right now. Looks like a lego MTB helmet.
TalinH112
3/4/2022 7:30am
VRR7 wrote:
Fresh wrote:
Yes they should have haha
t.jp3g
3/4/2022 7:37am
I like the fitment of the 6d just so much more rounder than other helmets.

Post a reply to: New Fox V3 Helmet

The Latest